We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…8990929495…235

Comments

  • I have a Dolphin 20 on my business account (a businerss tariff down graded to a normal one) does this apply to me, i haven't had the text as my services have been cut off and i have a major major dispute with Orange, could this be what i have been waiting for?!!!!!!!!!!
    end the tv tax
  • i just thought i would comment regarding the last couple of posts...

    I believe that Ben ( I think that's your name) has provided help to a lot of people on this forum and is answering questions to the best of his knowledge so it seems a little unfair to criticise this. If you disagree with something that he has said, however you could try querying this with him rather than listing all of the "wrong" points.

    In other news...I received my PAC code today and I only phoned up Tuesday night :)
  • Has anyone else got their PAC from orange by text message ?

    I phoned up yesterday and asked them to cancel the account and send me out a PAC due to the changes in their call charges. They said that was no problem and I'd receive the PAC by text in the next 5 minutes.

    Sure enough I did but now I'm beginning to wonder if this is all too good to be true and I'm going to be stung for a huge contract buy out bill once I use this PAC.

    It seems strange that most people seem to be getting the PAC by post though ...
  • sjc_2
    sjc_2 Posts: 685 Forumite
    Got our PAC by Text and then by Post. I was concerned about the same and getting stung for the last 7 months of an 18 month contract. Checked on-line and my account now says I can upgrade to a new Handset take a discount etc. Where as previously it said I couldn't upgrade until Feb 10. So something has changed. Just used the PAC code and my Orange bill is due 15/08 so I will soon find out for sure.
    Cheers
    Steve
  • After receiving my PAC Code and using it today to buy an iphone :D, just thought I'd look at my account on orange website. Under the account summary section it says: Account Balance : £-1,688.43! :j
    :TThanks Orange! :T
    :beer:
  • I received the text on the 23rd. But upgraded to the Hero on the 24th July.

    Can anyone advise on whether there is any chance I can still cancel my contract?
  • keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi, by upgrading after being notified of the change in the terms and conditions you have accepted the change and therefore cannot cancel.
  • "As I understand it", which I very soon explained to mean "this is their official policy". I knew people who didn't fit this criteria were cancelling successfully. You also deleted my very first sentence where I said people could cancel without fear of needing to pay for the handset and/or free gift which is what the question I replied to was about.

    Anyway, thanks for your comments, I'm going to be sticking to questions asked directly about Mobiles.co.uk from now on,

    Regards,

    I think you have been treated a bit unfairly there, you have been very helpful.

    The fact of the matter is if you were to make 1 0870 call it would cost you at least 10p more than it did before the changes. If you aren't willing to accept that, then you aren't willing to accept that. Simplez
  • WinDoze9t8
    WinDoze9t8 Posts: 18 Forumite
    bjiriin wrote: »
    I received the text on the 23rd. But upgraded to the Hero on the 24th July.

    Can anyone advise on whether there is any chance I can still cancel my contract?

    So did I ;)

    keith1950 wrote: »
    Hi, by upgrading after being notified of the change in the terms and conditions you have accepted the change and therefore cannot cancel.

    Orange retentions said I can cancel, so you should be able to aswell, as long as you are on the same tariff. :p
  • drbesty
    drbesty Posts: 967 Forumite
    Why bother upgrading if you're just going to cancel the next day?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.