We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…8687899192…235

Comments

  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    paulmx3 wrote: »
    have you read any of this thread and actually have any idea of the rules with regards contracts.

    what i say is not representing anybody,you are,tgo give yourself any credebility you should really think before you post and try and get some idea wether what you say may resemble the truth in any way.

    That comes from Orange directly, not from my understanding of the rules. It should be taken at face value.

    Cheers
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • paulmx3
    paulmx3 Posts: 135 Forumite
    That comes from Orange directly, not from my understanding of the rules. It should be taken at face value.

    Cheers


    i have never gone over my minutes,my gf has'nt either,we have both been able to cancel because under the new t and c its possible it may cost us more,the same as anyone else under the old t and c's.
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    paulmx3 wrote: »
    i have never gone over my minutes,my gf has'nt either,we have both been able to cancel because under the new t and c its possible it may cost us more,the same as anyone else under the old t and c's.

    I know many people have been able to cancel despite not fitting the 3m criteria, but don't shoot the messenger, that's the official Orange policy as communicated to me by someone who most definitely knows what they're talking about.

    Regards
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • paulmx3
    paulmx3 Posts: 135 Forumite
    I know many people have been able to cancel despite not fitting the 3m criteria, but don't shoot the messenger, that's the official Orange policy as communicated to me by someone who most definitely knows what they're talking about.

    Regards

    well you and they are both clearly wrong.proven.you dont have to take just my word for it,there are many in this thread that dont meet what you say is the criterea but they have cancelled because they "could" be effected.

    now exactly what part of these facts,as shown in numerous posts in this thread do you not understand,perhaps i can help you with it.
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    paulmx3 wrote: »
    well you and they are both clearly wrong.proven.you dont have to take just my word for it,there are many in this thread that dont meet what you say is the criterea but they have cancelled because they "could" be effected.

    now exactly what part of these facts,as shown in numerous posts in this thread do you not understand,perhaps i can help you with it.

    No need for poor attempts at sarcasm friend, as I said, I can see people have cancelled who wouldn't fit this criteria, and don't shoot the messenger.

    Let's agree to wait and see on this one?
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • paulmx3
    paulmx3 Posts: 135 Forumite
    No need for poor attempts at sarcasm friend, as I said, I can see people have cancelled who wouldn't fit this criteria, and don't shoot the messenger.

    Let's agree to wait and see on this one?

    i am just pointing out you are wrong,you can see by posts in this thread you are wrong,by you posting ill informed advice you are just confusing readers of this thread as to the facts.

    an i wasnt trying to be sarcastic,i will happily point you to the terms and conditions that allow people to cancel.try looking on about page 4 of this thread.
  • Steer
    Steer Posts: 36 Forumite
    No need for poor attempts at sarcasm friend, as I said, I can see people have cancelled who wouldn't fit this criteria, and don't shoot the messenger.

    Let's agree to wait and see on this one?

    I must say i will never use mobiles.co.uk because of your input on these forums, you come across very rude and give out some odd information. Why are you even speaking on behalf of Orange?
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    Steer wrote: »
    I must say i will never use mobiles.co.uk because of your input on these forums, you come across very rude and give out some odd information. Why are you even speaking on behalf of Orange?


    I apologise if I come across as rude, obviously I'm not trying to but then I am trying to be honest and sometimes people can take this the wrong way - especially when it comes from a company rep. I'd agree I'm more, hmm, forthright than some PR or Customer Service staff might be, but I am neither. I'm not here to sell, I'm here to answer questions honestly and learn from your feedback.

    Which information do you find "odd"? I'm only on this thread because I was helping our customers who wanted to know if they'd be charged for cancelling (and all along have said "I'm finding out, hold on", until it was sorted and I said "no").

    I'm not speaking 'on behalf of Orange', I'm passing along something I've been told by a very senior contact because I think it could be useful to MSE users.

    Regards,
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • coxinio
    coxinio Posts: 37 Forumite
    I currently pay £5 a month for my home broadband with Orange does anyone know if I was to cancel my phone due to the change of conditions if the broadband would need to be cancelled also?
    £10 a day March - £300.57/£310
  • Woo hoo! Thanks to all on here for the advice :)
    I've just phoned Orange and managed to quite easily cancel the contract and switch to PAYG (although he did say this isn't normally allowed in these circumstances!).
    Have always been with Orange so a bit reluctant to leave, but I signed up to an 18m contract 9 months ago that was more than I could afford (just to get the phone I wanted). At least I'm out of that situation now, I can carry on with Orange PAYG for the time being and take my time to pick a new phone & contract......
    .....It was the £50 bill I received today that finally made me do it!
    :heart: I have this theory that chocolate slows down the ageing process.... It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance? :heart:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.