We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
I'm not speaking 'on behalf of Orange', I'm passing along something I've been told by a very senior contact because I think it could be useful to MSE users.
This is undoubtedly a tactical statement from Orange being spun here by one of their "allies". Of course a retailer doesn't want to see us cancelling as this means he loses out on his commission when new contracts get cancelled.
There is no reason at all for a retailer to come here and authoritatively post statements like this complete with added spin:
Originally Posted by Mobiles.co.uk company representative
That comes from Orange directly, not from my understanding of the rules. It should be taken at face value
We know from the history of these detrimental changes to ts + cs that the networks get irritated that they have to honour their contracts and let us cancel. But they don't just lie down and let us cancel. We have to let them know that we know what we are talking about. That retailer does too, but clearly doesn't like it!0 -
Hi peeps, you have a very small window to cancel any orange contract brought before july 09!
Phone up and say they have breached contract and u wish to cancel and then they will cancel no charge!!!:D plus u keep ur handset:D:D:D:D
Do this ASAP, if you dnt wish to end your contract ask if they can offer you comething to compensate, money off or more allowance they will also do this.
Enjoy ppl!!!
Tell everyone!0 -
so I have a orange 12 mth contract never went over my minutes but have called numbers not included in my plan, so I would be able to cancel right?, do I just call orange 249 and say i want to cancel due to new price increases?, any help would be appriciated.
elaine0 -
Yes elaine do it.
Does any one know what happens if I have insurance through the Carphone Warehouse for the phone? Can I cancel that as I ahve cancelled the contract?0 -
TBH I'm on a good deal with Orange, I also have a phone that connects with my Orange livebox giving me a great signal and cheap calls, only pay a tenner a month !!
But would like to reduce my contract terms from 18 to 12, wonder if I could talk them into that ?0 -
Although technically you don't have to have received 'the text' to cancel (see earlier in this forum, plus the very helpful guide from Bitter Wallet), some call centre staff seem to claim that you do need to have received this text.
If anyone is put off by the idea of having to argue this point then take heart. The helpful person I spoke to just now said I needed the text. I said I hadn't received it (which I haven't). She said "Hold on, I'll check", and then came back and said "Yes you were sent the text on the 4th August, you must have just missed it". I didn't argue.
So it may well be that they have sent you this already even if you haven't got it.0 -
If you're affected, you'll be able to cancel. If you cancel, you will not be charged for the phone and/or free gift.
If you're not affected then you will not be able to cancel, and therefore the latter becomes moot.
Orange will only let you cancel if you have gone over your inclusive minutes in the last 3 months, as I understand it.
Regards
Assuming that is correct (even though we have a load of evidence that suggests it isn't), I seriously so do see how they can justify that. Their own T&C's say that if they change the pricing then you can cancel. So how can they ignore their own T&C's (which both sides have to agree to!)0 -
This is undoubtedly a tactical statement from Orange being spun here by one of their "allies". Of course a retailer doesn't want to see us cancelling as this means he loses out on his commission when new contracts get cancelled.
There is no reason at all for a retailer to come here and authoritatively post statements like this complete with added spin:
Originally Posted by Mobiles.co.uk company representative
That comes from Orange directly, not from my understanding of the rules. It should be taken at face value
We know from the history of these detrimental changes to ts + cs that the networks get irritated that they have to honour their contracts and let us cancel. But they don't just lie down and let us cancel. We have to let them know that we know what we are talking about. That retailer does too, but clearly doesn't like it!
Sorry, but you are incorrect about pretty much everything.
Regards“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0 -
Hi there got a text from them saying use 249 number for customer services just called it and office is closed can i use another number.Yes elaine do it.
Does any one know what happens if I have insurance through the Carphone Warehouse for the phone? Can I cancel that as I ahve cancelled the contract?0 -
I would try 150 from the handset.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards