We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
silverwings007 wrote: »It shouldn't matter. Orange only issued the revised July terms on the 4th August! Apparently they are still telling people that they are not eligible to cancel, even though they put the terms up after people have signed up in June and July.
That's exactly what the bloke told me, even though I stressed that they changed the terms and conditions after I have received my phone.
I took my initial contract out on the 25th but they put me on the wrong plan so I had to send that phone back and order a new one on the 29th, so I presume its the 29th either way it shouldn't matter as they changed the prices on line on the evening of the 4th August.0 -
cralittlewood wrote: »That's exactly what the bloke told me, even though I stressed that they changed the terms and conditions after I have received my phone.
I took my initial contract out on the 25th but they put me on the wrong plan so I had to send that phone back and order a new one on the 29th, so I presume its the 29th either way it shouldn't matter as they changed the prices on line on the evening of the 4th August.
I would tell them that you are within your legal rights (of there contract) to cancel, and threaten ofcom and small claims court action, if they get funny with you. Reinforce the fact that the terms when you signed up are different to the ones now and that they had 7 days to inform you of the changes whilst you still had the chance to send the phone back to them and cancel the contract.0 -
This is really bizarre

I got 2 new phones in June, one on the 15th and one on the 29th. I also upgraded to a HTC Hero last week.
I cant cancel the June ones but can the Hero. Reasons stated: As there are so many companies that sell phones on behalf of Orange the t&c's were sent to them at different times, so as I got mine from Orange retail and not mobiles.co.uk (for example) I am signed up to the new terms for these handsets. As my Hero released at the end of July was just an upgrade it is still on the older terms.
I am reluctant to cancel the hero as I get a great deal. 1200 mins, unlimited texts and data. £5 web save (but I pay £5 insurance anyway) and 25% off line rental bringing the total cost to about £27.50 per month
0 -
cralittlewood wrote: »That's exactly what the bloke told me, even though I stressed that they changed the terms and conditions after I have received my phone.
I took my initial contract out on the 25th but they put me on the wrong plan so I had to send that phone back and order a new one on the 29th, so I presume its the 29th either way it shouldn't matter as they changed the prices on line on the evening of the 4th August.
They tried to tell me I had signed up to the new terms when I tried to cancel the first time, they are definately trying it on, I rang again and got no hassel so it's worth trying again, also quote the web address of the two sets of terms if you can0 -
**edit**
just had a nosey and the o2 sim only tariffs would suit her down to the groundhelpful tips
it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
there - 'in or at that place'
their - 'owned by them'
they're - 'they are'
it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)0 -
What happens if you request your PAC code and don't use it? Does nothing change?
I rang up today and the guy told me he could give me extra minutes (which I don't want or need) but no discount because I've already got a good deal, which admittedly I have.
He then tried to tell me that I've got to cancel today if I want to, which I corrected him on and said I'd have 30 days from when I was given notice via txt.
I might just ring back and get the extra minutes even if I don't need them to strengthen my bargaining for my upgrade in the future.0 -
tried phoning them, first call the phone was engaged lol
think alot of people are phoning them.
second call i spoke to a geordie called gary. was a nice chap
He insisted i waited for the text before i can phone up and cancell or renegotiate my contract even though he did tell me about the increase in prices!
He also said that because i only use around 300 mins it wont affect me, i told him that it does affect me as i could go over those minutes but he still insisted i wait for the text.
so i have a week to wait apparently untill i get my text.
took out a 600 mins unlimited texts for £35 back in january for 18 months cant wait to go back to o2 lol.0 -
Just wondering, would it be possible to get the PAC code, use it to port the number to an Orange PAYG sim, then get a PAC for that, and port it to a Orange sim only 30 day plan?
Thanks0 -
@WelshBluebird
You can't really port with the PAC but what you should be able to do is request to go on PAYG using the same number, Orange will send you a PAYG SIM - when the sim arrives, put in the phone and activate it then your contract is ended, you can then upgrade to Contract again at a later date.Its work noting that the older model iPhone not (3GS) is coming to Orange soon either late Sept or Oct for someone that mentioned iphone
0 -
I just got off the phone with a very helpful guy, don't recall his name. I basically said that I was phoning with regards to the contract changes and was thinking of leaving and what could he offer me as an incentive to stay. I was on hold for awhile but he came back very amenable to me and asked what I was looking for and I said to get my contract down to ~£20 from £22.50 - done.
I probably could've got more, I don't believe it's too much of a stretch for Orange to cover the costs of my deal because it's similar to one of their SIM only packages.
The man was right in that lots of people are cancelling which is great if you've got a really expensive phone off them and a free gift, but you do end up paying more per month on the current off the shelf deals around all providers.
Good luck to everyone else.
EDIT: Oh and you can choose to switch to PAYG on Orange whilst cancelling your contract (you keep your number). I guess this also applies to SIM only packages too.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards