We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
Ok, sorry first of all, as this might have been asked before, but:
I am got a new contract in February 2009 and due to the price change I am actually in a position to cancel my contract? Which gives me the option to ask for a discount, early upgrade etc?
If I'd cancel, it wouldnt be any problem usuing the PAC code with any other mobile companay?
How long do I have for the cancalation?
Thanks
Markus
Yes, yes and yes.
30 days from being notified.
Did you get the text?0 -
So we are clear, mobiles.co.uk customers will not be charged, nor will any free handsets be reclaimed should we cancel are orange contract because of a direct increase to our phone bill?0
-
daniel_owen_uk wrote: »So we are clear, mobiles.co.uk customers will not be charged, nor will any free handsets be reclaimed should we cancel are orange contract because of a direct increase to our phone bill?
yes.... ( bloody hope so.. just sold my omnia HD on flea bay!!)
0 -
I am hoping so too, mine is on there too, how much you sell it for?
0 -
daniel_owen_uk wrote: »So we are clear, mobiles.co.uk customers will not be charged, nor will any free handsets be reclaimed should we cancel are orange contract because of a direct increase to our phone bill?
i GOT AN EMAIL FROM MOBILES.CO.UK CONFIRMING THIS YESTERDAY, YES!0 -
I recently (potentially after May 09) downgraded my tariff from Dolphin 35 to 25 - will I still be able to cancel now? I wasn't told of any new prices or given any new T&Cs to look through.0
-
I got 2 messages from Orange sometime last week, I think. But deleted it.
I will prob just give them a call.
In that case just give them a call. If they will tell you you cannot cancel the contract, tell them that you would like their name and extension and that you are hoping this call is recorded, as you are going to call the regulators the moment you are off the phone and tell them to investigate him/her for telling blatant lies:rotfl:
No seriously, don't let them to fob you off. They changed their T&C and in that case you can cancel as per their own T&C.0 -
Hey,
Been trying to work my way through this post but it has gotten rather unwieldy, so apologies if I'm asking a redundant question!
I'm looking at getting a contract with Orange through Mobiles.co.uk. Does any know whether I'll be affected by these changes? The Mobiles.co.uk site only gives me info on call rates ("calls to other Orange mobiles 12p" etcetc) and not the minimum call charges.
I'm thus a bit mystified: if I buy a contract now (post-orange-announcement), will I start with these new charges or will I have to put up with the hassle of the transition? If the latter, will I then be in the position to cancel?
Truth be told, I just want to get started on a new contract (and away from 3, my current provider) without all the stress! But if I realise that I'm having all my charges change last minute once already begun the contract, I'd like to have the get out of jail free card, too!
alan0 -
You will be part of the new T&Cs.
Reason people have been able to cancel is because Orange have changed the call charges AFTER some people have signed a contract.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards