We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
Called Orange and was told 'No you can't cancel as it doesn't effect me'
I read there t&c 4.3 and i was told 'you are right'
My reason for doing so is i have had so many problems with Orange over the past 3 months with a big big dispute.end the tv tax0 -
-
I finally got the chance to call up, got the text back on 28th July!
Anyhow got speaking to a lovely guy called Alan, explained I got the text and he asked did I want to cancel. I explained I would prefer to stay but I know I can get cheaper deals elsewhere....so he took another £10 off my monthly contract! now only going to pay £15 per month for dolphin 35! (got discount when upgraded last year) 600 mins & unlim texts until my contract runs out.
Contract is due for renewal in Jan so i am happy enough with that as my broadband is with Orange and its only £5 per month so i am a happy bunny :T - a happy Orange customerNorn Iron club member - 2650 -
My deal is not quite as good as yours Jaime-V, however, I also phoned up and explained that I would like to stay with Orange but I could get better deal elsewhere. The guy offered me £10 off straight away, he also added if people are regularly going over their minutes they are offering an increase to their package and for others they are generally offering £10 off a month.
I now have 400 minutes and unlimited texts for £20 a month. :T£10 a day March - £300.57/£3100 -
hi WinDoze,
sorry,I didn't explain that very well..orange have said I can cancel but I was wondering where it leaves me with my free gift and handset ( thru 'buymobilephones.net')
I read that Mobiles.co.uk customers were going to be able to keep theirs but am not sure about Buymobilephones.net customers.
Am scared to port my number until I am sure i am allowed to! dont want to be liable for the cost of a PS3 lol.
What could they do about it? I think you would be OK as the contract is established.0 -
hello again, yes buymobilephones.net have said anything after 5 months contract is fine to leave and am not obligated to give anything back. As i am 10 months in,i am fine.
But as you have said,'what could they do?' ...lol
thanks for all your help on here guys.
another thing,my husband only signed up on june 9th and has subsequently received the 'text'...does that mean he can leave? or do they send the text to everyone regardless?0 -
Damn that legendary 'text' from Orange !
I called to cancel but was told that I couldn't as I hadn't received the text. I they would not tell me when I would receive it.
Anyone still managed to cancel in the last couple of days without the text ?0 -
Quick call to customer loyalty, explained about getting a text message come to my mobile broadband dongle and that I wanted to cancel. All done without any questions.
I don't have to return the laptop either and there is still 22 months left of my contract.
all sorted!
happy days:beer:0 -
Just phoned Orange up after receiving the text TWICE from 2472 on Wednesday.
My Mrs and I both have a phone on the same account in her name and we have just phoned up to cancel. PAC code being sent out.
Mrs is well chuffed as she has wanted out from Orange for a while and me tripping over this thread has enabled her to do so.
I personally think the original poster, sexandthecity, should be knighted for services to MSE.
Definitely the most helpful post I've found on here in all the years I've been registered.
EDITED TO ADD: Come on folks, there is a distinct lack of thanks on the original post that started this thread - this user has saved numerous people a lot of money.0 -
Hi canceled my contract the other day was on 400 mins unlimited txts at £30 per month.
Got a letter in today saying they did not want me to leave and to give them a call.
Phoned up and got.
Sony erickson w995 free
400 mins
unlimited txts and internet
All for £19 per month. thats what i call a result. :j0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards