We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
longster70 wrote: »In my experience its never been possible to use your PAC code on the same network. Its also the advice I am being given from a friend in the business. If someone could confirm that they have received a PAC from Orange, got a new Orange contract and used that PAC to transfer their number across I would be grateful.
they changed my contract number to pay as u go, then i got a new contract, called up and they changed the number overTHANK MEEE:j0 -
I'm in a similar boat.
I took out an 18 month contract at the end of march. I got a free Nokia 5800, 200mins, Unlimited texts, 80Mb of internet for £10 a month.
I can't see me getting a better deal really. I know about the O2 simplicity deal but that is relying on quidco.
Do you think I'll be offered any discount? (I can't see it to be honest)
Or is there any other deals about, I could be tempted by a new decent phone, but I'd only want to pay about £20-25 a month.
Any help would be great.
I phoned up and spoke to a really helpful guy. He was willing to cancel my contract if thats what I wanted to do and also tried to get me a deal.
As I thought, they couldn't do any discount. He did offer me extra minutes or unlimited internet. But neither of which would help me as I don't go over either.
Can anyone suggest any deals?0 -
Up-date on my story (if anyone cares)...
Requested my pac code Sunday as they couldn't offer me anything decent to stay. It arrived today with a letter saying, phone to find out about an offer we think you'll like. So thought I'd give them a chance, called and the offers were rubish until I pointed out I could get better off their own site with a new contract. This seemed to work in my favour as I was then offered (and accepted)...
Nokia 5800
1500 anytime mins
Unlimited Texts
500Mb Mobile Internet (for phone)
Orange Care
Mobile Internet Dongle with 500Mb (for laptop)
All for £30pm
Wasn't expecting anything like that and kills the sim only option I was going to get with o2 and this way I get a new phone as well
just goes to show, don't give and don't lose your cool.. and when they do offer you something, ask them to give you a minute as normally they'll get ready to offer you something else to sweeten the deal (in my case the dongle).
And just to point out, I was only paying £30pm previously for 600mins and unlimited texts and hardly ever went over my mins.0 -
cancelled orange contract no probs 30 till end of contract because requested a pac code but would of been tomorrow happy days0
-
I got a call back from Orange Executive office after complaining to OFCOM, the executive office explained that they had to put be back through to retensions and after being on hold for 15 minutes eventually got through to somebody who said that my costs were not changing.
I did ask what the minimum call charge was going to be after the 16th September on my plan and was told that it would still be 4.9p. I said that the Terms have changed online and was told that it doesn't affect me and my costs were not changing. He drafted a letter to me whilst I was on the phone stating that my minimum call charge would remain at 4.9p.
He said that I was on the April T&C's even though my Order was placed on the 29th July. He was going to include the T&C's in with the letter, he said that the Letter would take upto 10 days to arrive as somebody had to check the contents before it was posted out.
Now Ofcom told me that if I was not happy with the answer I get on the phone to complain in writing, so this may be my next step. Or do I just wait until the 16th September and make an 0870 short call and see what it is charged at?
I am on Dolphin 45 12 months which he said is not affected with the increase in charges0 -
i cancelled cos all they offered me was a 10 pound discount,signed up to orange thro phones 4 u n got 600 mins with unlimited txts n new phone for 25 a month so im well pleased.Up-date on my story (if anyone cares)...
Requested my pac code Sunday as they couldn't offer me anything decent to stay. It arrived today with a letter saying, phone to find out about an offer we think you'll like. So thought I'd give them a chance, called and the offers were rubish until I pointed out I could get better off their own site with a new contract. This seemed to work in my favour as I was then offered (and accepted)...
Nokia 5800
1500 anytime mins
Unlimited Texts
500Mb Mobile Internet (for phone)
Orange Care
Mobile Internet Dongle with 500Mb (for laptop)
All for £30pm
Wasn't expecting anything like that and kills the sim only option I was going to get with o2 and this way I get a new phone as well
just goes to show, don't give and don't lose your cool.. and when they do offer you something, ask them to give you a minute as normally they'll get ready to offer you something else to sweeten the deal (in my case the dongle).
And just to point out, I was only paying £30pm previously for 600mins and unlimited texts and hardly ever went over my mins.0 -
Sorry, but you are incorrect about pretty much everything.
It would help progress the discussion if you pointed out what is incorrect so that we all can benefit.
But certainly you were incorrect to post this:Orange will only let you cancel if you have gone over your inclusive minutes in the last 3 months
It is irrelevant to the clause we are using to cancel! (ie The change is detrimental, in that were we to ever go over our minutes the charges in future are not as originally agreed).0 -
It would help progress the discussion if you pointed out what is incorrect so that we all can benefit.
I did, but you'll only argue despite not having any facts at your disposal so I deleted it all. For one, you're wrong about the commission. As your whole post was pretty much based on this you can see where the rest falls down. You then accused me of spreading lies on Orange's behalf - can you not see that this is fairly offensive?
Have I discouraged anyone from cancelling? Or have I, unlike every single other retailer out there, found out what the final position is on returning the handsets and then posted that here?It is irrelevant to the clause we are using to cancel! (ie The change is detrimental, in that were we to ever go over our minutes the charges in future are not as originally agreed).
As you can see from the above post about someone who's on April terms, not everyone is affected and therefore not everyone can cancel.
And until you roll out an Orange contact of your own who can dispute this, then the fact is that Orange's official policy is that only those who have been billed outside their inclusive minutes in the last 3m are eligible to cancel. I'm not saying they're sticking to this rule, I'm just communicating that that is the rule because nobody else here has mentioned it and I know it to be true.
Why so confrontational? Why not accept that I'm here to help, and go from there?“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0 -
When you post this in an authoritative manner in your official role as a company rep:If you're not affected then you will not be able to cancel..........Orange will only let you cancel if you have gone over your inclusive minutes in the last 3 months, as I understand it
That would seem to be discouraging us. In fact it is not the case. The detrimental change is the reason for cancelling irrespective of the previous history.
Their "official policy" is probably to do anything they can to knock people back at the first attempt!0 -
"As I understand it", which I very soon explained to mean "this is their official policy". I knew people who didn't fit this criteria were cancelling successfully. You also deleted my very first sentence where I said people could cancel without fear of needing to pay for the handset and/or free gift which is what the question I replied to was about.
Anyway, thanks for your comments, I'm going to be sticking to questions asked directly about Mobiles.co.uk from now on,
Regards,“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards