We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
If Orange allow you to cancel due to their changes, Mobiles.co.uk do not need the handset or free gift back unless you are within the 14 day cooling off period, in which case we need to handle the return and cancellation.
Regards
Ben
Can you please answer my question above, Ben? (scroll up)!0 -
(I have a supercharged MK2 VR6 by the way, if that's what your name refers to
)
:T
Nice i have had four mk3 vrs, and in december built a mk2 vr, in a 1.6 driver shell, looked tatty, weighed nothing and was lethal.
Just before X mas, havd every thing to turbo my my mk3, all parts through C2 motorsports, but ended up selling it al through ed38 due to loosing a job. grim....0 -
Jase301,
A link to the in-force T&Cs for Orange would have been sent through with your order confirmation email, and is also available on our site (click on Orange, then About Orange - I can't link)
Regards
Ben“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0 -
Hi Ben.
I phoned mobiles.co.uk today and was kept waiting for 1hr & 12mins, only to be told that if i cancel with orange i would have to return the handset not happy with the young lady`s response idecided to email them, they have confirmed by email that i will not have to return the handset, this is causing great confusion, when i mentioned that you were answering questions about this on this site they seemed to know nothing about it, as i now have a email from your company i think i will phone orange as i have had the text, surley your staff should know what the situation is and not be giving conflicting information, if i cancel with orange and then get a bill from your company for the price of the handset i will not be amused, can you clear this up thanks, my contract through mobiles.co.uk started on the 12.06.09....Thanks
0 -
Bought a w995 from mobiles.co.uk on 9th july, rang orange and they told me i was on the new terms already, so having checked their july price guide and telling them that none of the charges were mentioned when i bought the phone they cancelled the contract.
if you bought the phone in july, just say the july price guide says the 0870 number flat rate says it cost 5p mininmum and that is going up to 15p. Just argue that you used this guide to buy your mobile.
Keep Trying , it took me about 5 calls!!0 -
T.M.Waldron wrote: »Hi Ben.
I phoned mobiles.co.uk today and was kept waiting for 1hr & 12mins, only to be told that if i cancel with orange i would have to return the handset not happy with the young lady`s response idecided to email them, they have confirmed by email that i will not have to return the handset, this is causing great confusion
Sorry about that, I've been making sure the latest info is available to everyone but if someone doesn't read their email fast enough this sort of thing happens
Obviously the email you got is correct.
As you can imagine this is an unusual (and unwanted) situation so it has thrown a spanner into the works.
Regards“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0 -
I contacted orange last night RE 2 contracts (been a customer for a good 9 months & 14 months, so well within those terms), however as I havent had the text - the guy argued with me that I cant cancel, he said he could tell by looking at his system I hadnt had one.
Is that true? Can I not still cancel then?0 -
I contacted orange last night RE 2 contracts (been a customer for a good 9 months & 14 months, so well within those terms), however as I havent had the text - the guy argued with me that I cant cancel, he said he could tell by looking at his system I hadnt had one.
Is that true? Can I not still cancel then?
Hi, throughout this thread, it shows that it just depends on who you get. I just managed to cancel my contract last night and I've been with them for just under a year. Some people don't ask if you've received the text, some don't care either way and some seem to tell you that you MUST have it. I never even got asked. There is a section in the t&c's (I think it was 16.1) that was mentioned also that says once you are 'informed' you can cancel - just say you have been informed by the updated t&c's (as of 4th aug)on their website.
Good luck!0 -
I asked to get a pay as you go sim card rather than my pac code? Do you think I have made an error?
The guy on the phone was very nice about it all, said as soon as I phone to register the pay as you go my contract will finish then and there with no additional charges. Even supplied his name and ext number.
Still sceptical though as the pay as you go sim will not be sent out for a couple of weeks...0 -
Thanks to all the help from here and other sites, I've just cancelled my daughter's contract (I pay the bill) after she received the text on Saturday. She was 3-4 months into an 18 month contract with appalling reception at home. No problems at all, was put on hold for a couple of minutes and then offered to cancel immediately or to receive a PAC code.
Th whole thing took about 5 minutes and was a very friendly process0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards