We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…7475777980…235

Comments

  • bobstheboy
    bobstheboy Posts: 635 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi Mobiles

    Your company must be doing OK out of this lol.

    I have just ordered a Tocco Ultra - via Quidco of course !!
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,958 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    You're welcome to believe whatever you want, of course, but flat out accusing me of lying is not particularly helpful, and I can assure you I have much better contacts than "some guy in a call centre".

    Regards

    A/ you took the sentence with smily on the end far too seriously
    B/ you are "some bloke in the call centre" as far as I can tell too
    C/ you tried to rip off your customers
    D/ I can only look at the internet and can see that the story and people cancelling is all over the internet and so 4 digits don't ring a truth to me.

    Sorry if I offended you personally.
  • kravevr6
    kravevr6 Posts: 26 Forumite
    @ MOBILES.CO.UK

    There will be no charge from Mobiles.co.uk if you are able to cancel your contract because of Orange's changes.

    However, if you move to a discounted tariff then any redemption-based cashback will no longer be payable as per cashback T&Cs.

    Hope that clears things up.

    Regards
    Ben


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hellraiser11 View Post
    So we don't have to wait 9 months to cancel?
    Provided the change to billing has affected you, no, you do not.

    Regards
    Ben



    I know people are saying its clear, But could you please confirm That if we cancell with orange inside the 9 months of your T & C's that we will have no charge as you said, AND also Get to keep the phone free?
    Sorry, And thanks if you can answer my Question.

    Regards
  • jase301
    jase301 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hiya again Ben,

    I signed up for a W995 on 22nd July and after reading through all available terms and conditions on both your site and Orange's, the only info on call charges were that on the Orange site, so i took these to be my prices as none were sent with my phone. (i am ONLY referring to call charges here).
    These of course were the June 09 prices which DID NOT have any mention of a change due in September.

    When Orange tell me that these changes are incorporated into my contract i know this can't be true as this information was not available to me.

    Please tell me where Mobiles.co.uk are on this, as there is no info on call charges (ESP minimum charge per call).
    I just need to be able to quote what your company's position on this officially is when i call Orange to cancel.

    If i cant resolve this i will go through Ofcom as there has definitely been deception at least on Orange's part (though they did change their website info only yesterday to incorporate the changes!!!)

    Thanks.
  • yeah i know but after telling 4 different cs people that and getting nowhere, i decided to wait for the text lol

    sorry you're having such a rough time with it, i was put off after my first call and then i wasn't even asked about the text. now that they have updated their t&c's online, you could say that you were informed from this and therefore don't need the text? good luck anyway :)
  • kravevr6 wrote: »
    Please answer as I am a bit concerned. You say there will be no charge from you if we end because of orange, But can we keep the phone free of charge then AND not have to send it back?

    As mobiles.co.uk have alreadfy obviously recieved there commision, it would be very unfair if not.

    Please answer as the wording you used does not cover about returning the phone.

    Thanks for the help in the post that I have read so far.

    Regards
    i ave recieved a reply to the email i sent to them 2 days ago,it states that if i end my contract early they want my handset and free gift back or the equivilant in cash? i dont know who to believe anymore.
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    If Orange allow you to cancel due to their changes, Mobiles.co.uk do not need the handset or free gift back unless you are within the 14 day cooling off period, in which case we need to handle the return and cancellation.

    Regards
    Ben
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • kravevr6
    kravevr6 Posts: 26 Forumite
    If Orange allow you to cancel due to their changes, Mobiles.co.uk do not need the handset or free gift back unless you are within the 14 day cooling off period, in which case we need to handle the return and cancellation.

    Regards
    Ben


    Thanks

    :beer::beer:
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    kravevr6 wrote: »
    Thanks

    :beer::beer:

    (I have a supercharged MK2 VR6 by the way, if that's what your name refers to :D)

    :T
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • If Orange allow you to cancel due to their changes, Mobiles.co.uk do not need the handset or free gift back unless you are within the 14 day cooling off period, in which case we need to handle the return and cancellation.

    Regards
    Ben
    thankyou ben
    you had put my mind at rest yesterday then i got the email half hour ago,orange ave said i can cancel as my contract was taken out in feb this year. i will ave no hesitation in signing up a new contract with your company as your service as been excellent.many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.