We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…7677798182…235

Comments

  • Sorry about that, I've been making sure the latest info is available to everyone but if someone doesn't read their email fast enough this sort of thing happens :)

    Obviously the email you got is correct.

    As you can imagine this is an unusual (and unwanted) situation so it has thrown a spanner into the works.

    Regards
    Hi ben just read the email again from rebecca story she confirms the hand set will not have to be returned, but says if i cancel my contract with orange early charges may apply can you confirm charges from who exactly i presume she means your company...Thanks
  • Hughesy84
    Hughesy84 Posts: 512 Forumite
    Hi, throughout this thread, it shows that it just depends on who you get. I just managed to cancel my contract last night and I've been with them for just under a year. Some people don't ask if you've received the text, some don't care either way and some seem to tell you that you MUST have it. I never even got asked. There is a section in the t&c's (I think it was 16.1) that was mentioned also that says once you are 'informed' you can cancel - just say you have been informed by the updated t&c's (as of 4th aug)on their website.

    Good luck!

    So just blag that iv been informed, rather than a text and that should do it!? :T

    Hope it works mate! Will save us £75 a month If i can shift these 2 contracts.
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,958
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    toontoon4 wrote: »
    I asked to get a pay as you go sim card rather than my pac code? Do you think I have made an error?

    The guy on the phone was very nice about it all, said as soon as I phone to register the pay as you go my contract will finish then and there with no additional charges. Even supplied his name and ext number.

    Still sceptical though as the pay as you go sim will not be sent out for a couple of weeks...

    From what I read I believe that is the standard if you want PAYG SIM card.

    I am also waiting;)
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,958
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hughesy84 wrote: »
    So just blag that iv been informed, rather than a text and that should do it!? :T

    Hope it works mate! Will save us £75 a month If i can shift these 2 contracts.

    Well, it's now on their website and it's definitely breach of T&C so they cannot keep going on about the text any more...
  • toontoon4
    toontoon4 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Any wrote: »
    From what I read I believe that is the standard if you want PAYG SIM card.

    I am also waiting;)

    So you think it will be fine and sorted? I am worried I should have just got cut off there and then...
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,958
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    toontoon4 wrote: »
    So you think it will be fine and sorted? I am worried I should have just got cut off there and then...

    Yes, I think it will be fine and sorted. Did you take down all the info? I took down the EXACT time of call and name and extension etc and if they try to tell me anything else I will make a circus;)
  • Mich81
    Mich81 Posts: 314 Forumite
    Called yesterday to cancel, and my phone has gone off today - however I'd already paid this months bill which covered me up til the 25th August. Will I have to chase them for this money back, or will it automatically refund to the card I paid the bill with? Tried to look online at my Orange billing information, but seems now they've cancelled my contract I can't look at my previous bills anymore!
  • Hi All,
    I have 2 Orange Dolphin contracts, both 24 months I signed up to these with a free gift through a website.
    If I go down the route of cancelling my contract will they ask for the free gifts back?

    Thanks in advance
  • Hi All,
    I have 2 Orange Dolphin contracts, both 24 months I signed up to these with a free gift through a website.
    If I go down the route of cancelling my contract will they ask for the free gifts back?

    Thanks in advance
    There is a lot of confusion with this issue, you will need to chech with the company you ordered from, i am having similar issues with mobiles.co.uk
  • iamsancho1
    iamsancho1 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Just phoned orange (twice) to cancel stating the t & c have changed and that the info is on their website. Have been fobbed off twice. Once saying I needed the text (which is fair enough) and the second time because i took the contract out in August 2008 the changes would not effect me. Has anyone else had this as an excuse?

    And do you really need to have the text to cancel? I get flustered on the phone and its hard to think of things to say back to the quickly!!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.