We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…7374767879…235

Comments

  • Just had another look at the new Price Guide and it does not seem to mention the changes that are happening for International call charges and also mobile internet.

    I downloaded a few bytes the other day by mistake and this cost me 7p, I presume with the pricing this would cost me 58.7p.

    I can't believe a company as large as Orange is trying to change the pricing guide retrospectively and to get away with it.
  • silverwings007
    silverwings007 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 5 August 2009 at 7:40AM
    Its on page 15.

    Standard call charges for animal plans
    You get loads of minutes and texts in your package, but if you use these up,
    the following charges apply.
    All calls outside your call allowance are subject to a minimum call charge of 5p**.


    ** From 14th September the minimum
    call charge will be 15p.

    Its not just if you go over your mins. Any calls outside of your bundle ie. 0800/0500 etc will attract a minimum of 15p. CS keep telling people "It won't affect you as you have never gone outside your mins" This makes no odds, you may go over in the future and any calls outside of your bundle will also attract this minimum charge.

    It seems that Orange have realised the impact of the the changes to T&C and desperately trying to cover up the gaps in policy, even by retrospectively changing T&C.
  • matty538
    matty538 Posts: 239 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    pjmoore wrote: »
    For some strange reason you cannot Port your number within the same provider. For example I received my PAC code from ORANGE today and I cannot take out a NEW contract with them and keep my number, however......

    I can Port my phone number, for free to ANY pay as you go SIM card. All you need to do is get a free SIM card from ANY OTHER provider and port your number to this SIM. Then, once this is done -takes a few days, ask for the PAC code from your new provider. Take this PAC code and take it back to Orange. They will port your number back onto their network. Voila. Bit of a hassle and takes a week or so, but you get to keep your phone number on the network you are on now.

    Fortunately thats not true of Orange, I was on Orange PAYG before taking out a contract with them and it was very simple to do.
    My PAYG number was transfered to my new contract within a couple of hours, and the remaining credit was credited to my pay monthly account.
    Couldnt have been simpler.
  • brownmurder
    brownmurder Posts: 455 Forumite
    do these texts come at any perticular time?
    mines due today aparently, yes i know its only 9am but i was just wondering
    There is a Money Saving Expert quidclan, next time your on quidco have a look for it
  • TLR_2
    TLR_2 Posts: 71 Forumite
    You don't need the text
  • brownmurder
    brownmurder Posts: 455 Forumite
    yeah i know but after telling 4 different cs people that and getting nowhere, i decided to wait for the text lol
    There is a Money Saving Expert quidclan, next time your on quidco have a look for it
  • marty1888
    marty1888 Posts: 469 Forumite
    I'm told the number of people contacting Orange asking for a cancellation is barely into 4 digits.


    Yeah right, a likely story from Orange.
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,958 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    marty1888 wrote: »
    Yeah right, a likely story from Orange.

    When my OH spoke to Orange they said they are expecting 300 000 people to cancel... So it sounds like Mobile.co.uk story...
    :rotfl:
  • bobstheboy
    bobstheboy Posts: 635 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    It is down to luck.

    I tried again this morning, got a very friendly man who asked how I knew about the price changes and had I had the text. I answered truthfully and he said, "OK I'll do it for you."

    Keep trying and be polite. I find the men are better that the women (ducks!!!!).
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    edited 5 August 2009 at 11:05AM
    "When my OH spoke to Orange they said they are expecting 300 000 people to cancel... So it sounds like Mobile.co.uk story..."


    :naughty:
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.