We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
just got the PAC for mine which i bought from mobiles.co.uk
my issue is that the phone i want is only available on orange and i want to keep my phone number too, the samsung omnia HD(which i already have, want a second to sell on). The customer service rep mentioned i could port my number to a PAYG sim and then port it back to orange on the better contract i want.
Has anyone else done this who could describe the whole process, i dont wanna mess it up lol.0 -
Just spoken to Orange, and am bit confused.
They told me because my contract started on the 23rd June 09, it needs to be 30 days from that date, (the 23rd of every month).
I asked that her that i have given 30 days notice, so would presume that my contact ends in 30 days, (i.e, 4th Aug). But she said no; because of this 23rd thing....
Anyone have any ideas about that? I might ring back tommorrow and speak to someone else.
Also, because i did not request a PAC code, could this be an issue. I dont want to keep/transfer my number, hence me not mentioning it to them.
Thanks
Update:
Just spoke to someone else now, who said that it was really strange why it was the 14th and not the 3rd, so she put me through to another department.
The next lady, (who was most unhelpful), just said "yeh, i'll change it to the 3rd Sept". When i said why was it the 14th, she just said "dont know".
I asked if i will get confirmation of this, and she said "letter". Definitely will not be going with Orange again; dreadful service.0 -
just got the PAC for mine which i bought from mobiles.co.uk
my issue is that the phone i want is only available on orange and i want to keep my phone number too, the samsung omnia HD(which i already have, want a second to sell on). The customer service rep mentioned i could port my number to a PAYG sim and then port it back to orange on the better contract i want.
Has anyone else done this who could describe the whole process, i dont wanna mess it up lol.
For some strange reason you cannot Port your number within the same provider. For example I received my PAC code from ORANGE today and I cannot take out a NEW contract with them and keep my number, however......
I can Port my phone number, for free to ANY pay as you go SIM card. All you need to do is get a free SIM card from ANY OTHER provider and port your number to this SIM. Then, once this is done -takes a few days, ask for the PAC code from your new provider. Take this PAC code and take it back to Orange. They will port your number back onto their network. Voila. Bit of a hassle and takes a week or so, but you get to keep your phone number on the network you are on now.0 -
Update:
Just spoke to someone else now, who said that it was really strange why it was the 14th and not the 3rd, so she put me through to another department.
The next lady, (who was most unhelpful), just said "yeh, i'll change it to the 3rd Sept". When i said why was it the 14th, she just said "dont know".
I asked if i will get confirmation of this, and she said "letter". Definitely will not be going with Orange again; dreadful service.
Glad you got it sorted, wasnt very proffesional of them to be honest. I have actually found orange service to be very good, other than trying to push for a good discount and not gettin it.
Im still a little confused, i know people are saying its very clear, but mobiles.co.uk have not actually said they wont take the fones back.0 -
another happy soon to be ex-orange customer. mate told me about this today, i phoned up said i wish to disconnect due to the increased call charges. Matey tried a few arguments to encourage me to stay but i simply said i wish to disconnect. 2 minutes later he confirmed PAC code will be posted, disconnect on 3rd sept and confirmed that there will be no cancellation fees.
I'm so happy about this, i was kicking myself a few weeks after re-signing with orange, their reception is no where near as good as it should be and the upgrade phone i got (ericsson902) is useless. Finally i can go get an iPhone.
Only annoying thing was that i did have a pretty good deal with orange (1200 mins, 600 texts and unlimited internet for £30) but looking at my call history, i've never once gone over 500 mins in a month and 200 texts... so O2 iphone £35 a month deal still works out great!
so long orange... (they must be losing a lot of customers)0 -
hi everyone after reading through all the posts i built up the courage and was ready for an argument with the disconections department but as soon as i said about the call charges they were fine they did offer me a £10 credit each month or extra mins but said i wasnt interested so iv setteled on going to sim only until i can shop around but i reckon the iphone is the eway forward, by the way i hadnt recieved the text but knew it would effect me, hope this helps and thanks for all your comments0
-
some people aregetting discounts... my rental is already discounted, giving me a £10/month discount would make my line rental £0/month. Highly unlikely, what do you think would happen in my case? (i don't want to leave, but i do use the numbers regularly and the charges would affect me)0
-
Hello everyone (again!)
I didn't receive any response to my complaint letter sent two weeks ago and I was getting myself all nervous about phoning so put it off. I just called them, FINALLY, and spoke to a guy called David. He was very polite and all I said was that I was phoning to cancel my contract due to the price changes amongst other things and also told him about my letter but he said it hadn't been received (yeah right). He then asked what it was I wanted to do with the account, so I just said I wanted to cancel but would like a PAC code. He put me on hold and then said it was ordered and will be with me for 3-5 days but that my contract would last for a further 30 days and to make sure I use my PAC before then, and that I would receive no further charges after this.
The whole call was around 8-10 minutes, but most of that was holding before I was put through to anyone. There was also no mention of the text message which I was expecting as I had previously been told it wouldn't be applicable to me, regardless of going over my minutes every month.
So there - if I can do it, anyone can do it! Thanks for all the help on here ladies and gents!
0 -
we both have orange,
my o/h wants to cancel, purely to get a new phone,
both been offered discounts and extra minutes,
our free BB is in her name, but its still under a contract subject to her having a mobile, could they hold us to this and make us pay the full price for BB?0 -
Just tryed again, the guy offered me 200 extra mins. i said no. What department are people going to, am going to thinking of leaving orange??
Guy said i wont be getting txt as i wont be affected as i dont go over my minutes.
Do Orange not have to send everyone a txt who took there contract out before June??0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards