We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…7071737576…235

Comments

  • cd02
    cd02 Posts: 685 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    splicecom wrote: »
    Thanks for your advice Steer.
    The thing is I really want the new N97. I was hoping I could cancel with Orange and then get a new contract with Phones 4 u and get the phone for free???
    If I went through retentions do you think I would be able to get that phone for free?

    :)

    Orange aren't even sure if they're having this phone yet, it keeps appearng and disappearing from their website.. You're best bet would be to cancel and go through a 3rd party company but think its only free on packages over £40 but might be wrong..
  • rubysmum
    rubysmum Posts: 23 Forumite
    :beer:YEs!!!!!!!!!!! have just cancelled no problem and my pac code is on its way! Only been with orange for 3 months and to be honest i have not been impressed with reception. So am pleased i have managed to get out of the contract.

    ONE THING THOUGH: i bought the phone through mobiles.co.uk and got a cash back deal with the tariff. I have read all of the pages and it seems i wont be expected to pay back the cash. Is this right?????


    thanks to anyone who can confirm this for me
  • kravevr6
    kravevr6 Posts: 26 Forumite
    alx100 wrote: »
    Just got off the phone from disconnections, who first tried to give me an extra £10 off every month, but not really after that.

    So just said to him i want to disconnect, and will be disconnected on the 14th Sept in the morning. I asked him if there were any other charges to pay, (like a disconnection fee or similar), and he said no; just line rental as per normal, (up to 14th Sept).

    So good outcome for me.

    Just signed in after seeing this..


    I Dont mean to be rude or make you concerned, but I would be worried with that, You have to give them 30 days notice, so you should be disconnected on the 4th or september.

    The 14th is the date the new charges come into action and you have well been over the month notice you have to cancell. I would get in touch again with them and check.

    Hope its all ok.
  • kravevr6
    kravevr6 Posts: 26 Forumite
    There will be no charge from Mobiles.co.uk if you are able to cancel your contract because of Orange's changes.

    However, if you move to a discounted tariff then any redemption-based cashback will no longer be payable as per cashback T&Cs.

    Hope that clears things up.

    Regards
    Ben

    Please answer as I am a bit concerned. You say there will be no charge from you if we end because of orange, But can we keep the phone free of charge then AND not have to send it back?

    As mobiles.co.uk have alreadfy obviously recieved there commision, it would be very unfair if not.

    Please answer as the wording you used does not cover about returning the phone.

    Thanks for the help in the post that I have read so far.

    Regards
  • alx100
    alx100 Posts: 20 Forumite
    10 Posts
    Thanks kravevr6; i thought that was a bit strange too when he said 14th, and everyone else seems to have 3rd/4th. I;ll call back to double check that in a bit.
  • alx100
    alx100 Posts: 20 Forumite
    10 Posts
    kravevr6 wrote: »
    Please answer as I am a bit concerned. You say there will be no charge from you if we end because of orange, But can we keep the phone free of charge then AND not have to send it back?

    As mobiles.co.uk have alreadfy obviously recieved there commision, it would be very unfair if not.

    Please answer as the wording you used does not cover about returning the phone.

    Thanks for the help in the post that I have read so far.

    Regards


    I think from the earlier posts, it was made clear that you can keep the phone if you bought it from mobiles.co.uk. I bought mine from their too, and am quite satisfied with the posts on here, (including from Ben), that providing you meet Orange's criteria, (i.e, you got the text) to cancel, then you can keep the phone. Thats how i understood it anyway...
  • kravevr6
    kravevr6 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Well thats what im hoping too, would like some confirmation tho, just to be sure and not getting answer from gathering infomation out of other answers, lol, If you understand what I mean??

    Good luck with orange, If you request a PAC code, when it comes you can port it over to another network pay as you go or monthly contract or whatever, and your orange contract will terminate as soon as you start to port it.

    So you know whats going on and when that way!!
  • matty538
    matty538 Posts: 239 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Well Iv just got off the phone to Orange and they are sending out a payg sim card for me, was all pretty straight forward really.
    Shame yesterdays call wasnt as easy. Yesterday I was told the changes were not going to affect me, I asked for written proof of this and was told its in the terms and conditions you signed then the guy hung up. I checked and it wasnt, rang back five minutes later to be told by two people, one from billing (who even said weve breached T&Cs so you can cancel), and one from disconnections who said you are affected. Unfortunately the two women were so nice and helpful I didnt have the bottle to cancel yesterday.
    Now I just need to choose a new phone, Im hoping to go back with Orange as they have a transmitter at the bottom of my garden so reception is excellent and Iv never had a problem with them.
    Just hope they will have me back :confused:
  • alx100
    alx100 Posts: 20 Forumite
    10 Posts
    kravevr6 wrote: »
    Just signed in after seeing this..


    I Dont mean to be rude or make you concerned, but I would be worried with that, You have to give them 30 days notice, so you should be disconnected on the 4th or september.

    The 14th is the date the new charges come into action and you have well been over the month notice you have to cancell. I would get in touch again with them and check.

    Hope its all ok.


    Just spoken to Orange, and am bit confused.
    They told me because my contract started on the 23rd June 09, it needs to be 30 days from that date, (the 23rd of every month).

    I asked that her that i have given 30 days notice, so would presume that my contact ends in 30 days, (i.e, 4th Aug). But she said no; because of this 23rd thing....

    Anyone have any ideas about that? I might ring back tommorrow and speak to someone else.

    Also, because i did not request a PAC code, could this be an issue. I dont want to keep/transfer my number, hence me not mentioning it to them.

    Thanks
  • There appears to be some confusion with regards to PAC codes:

    Today I rang Orange and effectively cancelled my contract with them. The contract ends on the 3rd September unless I change my mind. 1 months notice has to be given.

    At the same time I requested a PAC code. That code is valid for 30 days from the date of issue. I could have asked for the PAC code next week if I had forgotten to ask for it when I cancelled the contract. The code would have been valid for 30 days from that date.

    You do not need to rush in and use the PAC code immediately, you have 30 days. My contract will end on the 3rd September whether I use the PAC code or not. The PAC code enables me to take my phone number with me (porting).

    hope this helps......SHOP AROUND!!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.