We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…6869717374…235

Comments

  • WelshBluebird
    WelshBluebird Posts: 388 Forumite
    edited 4 August 2009 at 4:28PM
    However, if you move to a discounted tariff then any redemption-based cashback will no longer be payable as per cashback T&Cs.

    Hope that clears things up.

    Regards
    Ben

    What about discounts that aren't redemption based? Like the £10 discounted line rental on offer for some of the tariffs.
    Provided the change to billing has affected you, no, you do not.

    Regards
    Ben

    So would that include me, who although I very much doubt I will go over my minutes, will be using my phone for other numbers as I won't have a landline when I go back to uni, so would be hit by the increased costs.

    Also can you confirm that if I signed up at the end of june, I did sign up to the old charges (as the orange website says), and not the new charges (as some orange agents are saying).

    Thanks

    Also, can someone answer, if I cancel, can I use the PAC to port the number to an orange sim only plan, or do I need to port it somewhere else first, t hen back to orange?
  • johannab
    johannab Posts: 86 Forumite
    10 Posts
    hi Ben ,what about my free gift?

    Jo
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    What about discounts that aren't redemption based? Like the £10 discounted line rental on offer for some of the tariffs.

    Only redemption-based discounted line rental is affected, the £10 discount etc tariffs are discounted by Orange on your bill.
    Also can you confirm that if I signed up at the end of june, I did sign up to the old charges (as the orange website says), and not the new charges (as some orange agents are saying).

    You'd need to speak to Orange about this, it's not something I can help with as I don't know what Orange are saying/doing.

    Regards
    Ben
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Only redemption-based discounted line rental is affected, the £10 discount etc tariffs are discounted by Orange on your bill.



    You'd need to speak to Orange about this, it's not something I can help with as I don't know what Orange are saying/doing.

    Regards
    Ben

    Hi Ben,

    Will you guys be releasing an official statement on your website for clarification purposes and back up for customers? Whilst I appreciate your help on the forum some official line would be good.

    Chris
  • alx100
    alx100 Posts: 20 Forumite
    10 Posts
    I am on Dolphin 40, but pay £30 for this, as per the £10 discount on the bill from Orange.

    From what i understand from Ben's post, this should pose no problems when cancelling.
  • ncrawley
    ncrawley Posts: 243 Forumite
    Only redemption-based discounted line rental is affected, the £10 discount etc tariffs are discounted by Orange on your bill.



    You'd need to speak to Orange about this, it's not something I can help with as I don't know what Orange are saying/doing.

    Regards
    Ben

    Hi I've literally just cancelled my orange contract, they said it will end sep 3rd (had 2 months left on it) I assume I can now use your site to buy the omnia hd on orange with no problems?
  • juggy09
    juggy09 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Just phoned them to cancel and the guy i spoke to is saying i cant cancel, i signed up in april. Guy last week i spoke to said i could cancel but had to wait on the txt and i was getting it in a few days.

    Surley if i signed up in april i have every right to cancel??
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    Santos1204 wrote: »
    Hi Ben,

    Will you guys be releasing an official statement on your website for clarification purposes and back up for customers? Whilst I appreciate your help on the forum some official line would be good.

    Chris

    It's not a big enough issue to confuse people by altering our site, no. I'm told the number of people contacting Orange asking for a cancellation is barely into 4 digits.

    Customer Services etc have been fully briefed however.

    Regards
    Ben
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • There will be no charge from Mobiles.co.uk if you are able to cancel your contract because of Orange's changes.

    However, if you move to a discounted tariff then any redemption-based cashback will no longer be payable as per cashback T&Cs.

    Hope that clears things up.

    Regards
    Ben
    thankyou ben for all your efforts on this forum today,you have put many worried customers minds at rest. many thanks for your help.
  • Any wrote: »
    What?
    No. You are within right to cancel full stop. Change to T&C.

    Any idea in what order the texts are being sent out ?

    It appears Orange do know if you have received the text and twice i have been fobbed off with "wait til you get the text"

    Darren
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.