We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…6667697172…235

Comments

  • Andyblizz wrote: »
    And remember Quidco are giving £60 cashback for iphones ordered through mobiles.co.uk

    :rotfl::rotfl:

    I'd rather pay £60 from pocket than go through the hassle again. O2 here I come...
  • Phoned up said I would like to cancel due to the increase in charges, the nice man didn't even ask if I'd had the text message and disconnected me the same night at midnight. Couldn't believe how simple it was!
  • Just in case anyone went through mobilephonecentral, I just called them and they confirmed because I have had my phone for 6 months already, if Orange agree to terminate my contract then mobilephonecentral wont ask for the phone back, or the free Wii I got. :beer:
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    Orange have now confirmed the situation and it does appear that if you wish to cancel because of a substantive increase in your mobile phone bills then there will be no impact on Mobiles.co.uk.

    Thanks for your patience with this, and glad I could help some of you.

    Regards
    Ben
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • alx100
    alx100 Posts: 20 Forumite
    10 Posts
    edited 4 August 2009 at 3:59PM
    I bought my phone through mobiles.co.uk at the end of June, and received my text message this afternoon, (paid £29.99 for the Samsung i8910 phone).

    I think it would be really bad if mobiles.co.uk ask for the handset to be returned, or pay for the value of it if you cancel your contract with Orange, as its not our fault they Orange have changed their rates.

    Definitely will not be buying from mobiles.co.uk in the future if this is the case and will be staying away from Orange too...

    Might just wait and see what Ben says regarding the handset situation.
  • Which means what with respect handset returns?
  • Orange have now confirmed the situation and it does appear that if you wish to cancel because of a substantive increase in your mobile phone bills then there will be no impact on Mobiles.co.uk.

    Thanks for your patience with this, and glad I could help some of you.

    Regards
    Ben
    Hi Ben,

    What does that mean with regards to us that is returning/paying for handsets?
  • NoLogic
    NoLogic Posts: 132 Forumite
    Thanks so much for this! Me and my partner are disconnecting this week :D

    Debt so far: Natwest Overdraft -
    [STRIKE]£1250[/STRIKE] £0, Barclays Overdraft - £1500
    , Abbey Overdraft -
    [STRIKE]£750[/STRIKE] £0, Car finance - £3000 :(




  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,958 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi Ben,

    What does that mean with regards to us that is returning/paying for handsets?

    I understand it so that Orange have to pay up full commission to Mobiles.co.uk and so Mobile.co.uk will not try to retrieve anything from you the customers.

    Is that right Ben?
  • Orange have now confirmed the situation and it does appear that if you wish to cancel because of a substantive increase in your mobile phone bills then there will be no impact on Mobiles.co.uk.

    Thanks for your patience with this, and glad I could help some of you.

    Regards
    Ben

    What does that mean exactly? Are we able to cancel and keep the phone?
    And what about if we want to negotiate a discount with orange? Would that affect the discounted line rental from you? (I pay £30 for dolphin 40).
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.