We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…6465676970…235

Comments

  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,958 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Fairly obviously the reverse is also true.

    Your professionalism stunnes me...
  • manny202
    manny202 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Any wrote: »
    Your professionalism stunnes me...

    They work for mobiles.co.uk, can you expect any less.
  • jonkong
    jonkong Posts: 18 Forumite
    It's as obvious as it can be, I believe, that this is what applies here.Sorry, I should have been more explicit on this point - after 9 months, you are correct.

    So does this mean that if I cancel in month 8 and it takes 1 month (30 days) to cancel that I will not have to return my phone. Please clarify this point for me.
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    Ben,

    I know you're being fired questions at from every angle. Can I please have your word that I wouldn't have to return the handset if I cancel the contract after 9 months... which means just another week for me...:D

    Hi,

    As I said, this is correct.

    To all those asking for handset costs etc, please bear with us as we discuss this matter with Orange.

    The current situation (which obviously is no good for Mobiles or for our customers) is that a contract cancellation means the handset and free gift need to be paid for or returned, but I am working to solve this and will be following up on here ASAP.

    Thanks for your patience,
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi,

    As I said, this is correct.

    To all those asking for handset costs etc, please bear with us as we discuss this matter with Orange.

    The current situation (which obviously is no good for Mobiles or for our customers) is that a contract cancellation means the handset and free gift need to be paid for or returned, but I am working to solve this and will be following up on here ASAP.

    Thanks for your patience,
    Many thanks... Iphone here I come...
  • Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their contributions on this forum - especially to Ben for taking the time to answer questions and investigate with CPW/Orange. Despite many Orange/Mobiles.co.uk/Carphone Warehouse customer being annoyed about the situation, it really helps that someone is willing to communicate, saving many of us time and money that may have been spent on the phone to Customer Services (no doubt getting different answers from different sources).

    I got my free phone and free gift through mobiles.co.uk just over a month ago, and have received my text from Orange today. While obviously I'm a bit miffed about the whole situation, I like my phone and don't want to have to send it back (something I don't quite understand as everyone's phone is going to be in used condition, not at new market value, and the whole thing is going to be a complete mess). Basically I'm going to wait and see what Ben or CPW come back with, and hope it's different from the current situation. I'm no legal expert, but the way I read the situation is that the T & Cs from mobiles.co.uk stand true - however considering customer service, reputation and potential bad press I am hoping the company will offer some sort of concession or options to customers who feel badly done by.

    P.S. Like a previous poster, I would also be willing to stay with mobiles.co.uk, but change networks.
  • manny202
    manny202 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Hi,

    As I said, this is correct.

    To all those asking for handset costs etc, please bear with us as we discuss this matter with Orange.

    The current situation (which obviously is no good for Mobiles or for our customers) is that a contract cancellation means the handset and free gift need to be paid for or returned, but I am working to solve this and will be following up on here ASAP.

    Thanks for your patience,


    Much Appreciated as i no longer have the free gift but would like to cancel my contract without stumping up extra money when its oranges fault.
  • Hi,

    As I said, this is correct.

    To all those asking for handset costs etc, please bear with us as we discuss this matter with Orange.

    The current situation (which obviously is no good for Mobiles or for our customers) is that a contract cancellation means the handset and free gift need to be paid for or returned, but I am working to solve this and will be following up on here ASAP.

    Thanks for your patience,
    but your tems n conditions do NOT say one single word about the cost or return of free gifts? so what are you backing this up with?
  • manny202
    manny202 Posts: 16 Forumite
    but your tems n conditions do NOT say one single word about the cost or return of free gifts? so what are you backing this up with?


    He qouted the free gifts will have to be paid for - either by orange or the customer, but as you say nothing to back it up so worth challenging.
  • paulmx3
    paulmx3 Posts: 135 Forumite
    oakey4....ben said hurry up and put the kettle on.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.