We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…6768707273…235

Comments

  • Andyblizz
    Andyblizz Posts: 432 Forumite
    Orange have now confirmed the situation and it does appear that if you wish to cancel because of a substantive increase in your mobile phone bills then there will be no impact on Mobiles.co.uk.

    Thanks for your patience with this, and glad I could help some of you.

    Regards
    Ben


    thank you ben.
  • What does that mean exactly? Are we able to cancel and keep the phone?
    And what about if we want to negotiate a discount with orange? Would that affect the discounted line rental from you? (I pay £30 for dolphin 40).
    Yes, please also tell us that no 9 months, etc restrictions apply and its an unconditional cancellation due to orange call charges increase. That iphone is really begging to come home...
  • jonkong
    jonkong Posts: 18 Forumite
    Orange have now confirmed the situation and it does appear that if you wish to cancel because of a substantive increase in your mobile phone bills then there will be no impact on Mobiles.co.uk.

    Thanks for your patience with this, and glad I could help some of you.

    Regards
    Ben

    Ben

    Does this mean that anyone who purchased a phone from you will no have to pay for or return their phone?

    If you can confirm this I will be straight on to your site to purchase an iphone.

    I would like to also thank you for all the work you have put in answering the question that I have posted today.
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,958 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    What does that mean exactly? Are we able to cancel and keep the phone?
    And what about if we want to negotiate a discount with orange? Would that affect the discounted line rental from you? (I pay £30 for dolphin 40).

    It's not that long ago Orange discounted all their tariff's by this amount if they were ordered on-line... Cannot see why should it make a difference? Just give them a ring.
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    There will be no charge from Mobiles.co.uk if you are able to cancel your contract because of Orange's changes.

    However, if you move to a discounted tariff then any redemption-based cashback will no longer be payable as per cashback T&Cs.

    Hope that clears things up.

    Regards
    Ben
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • There will be no charge from Mobiles.co.uk if you are able to cancel your contract because of Orange's changes.

    However, if you move to a discounted tariff then any redemption-based cashback will no longer be payable as per cashback T&Cs.

    Hope that clears things up.

    Regards
    Ben
    So we don't have to wait 9 months to cancel?
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,958 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    So we don't have to wait 9 months to cancel?

    NO!! I don't think it can be any clearer..
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    So we don't have to wait 9 months to cancel?

    Provided the change to billing has affected you, no, you do not.

    Regards
    Ben
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Provided the change to billing has affected you, no, you do not.

    Regards
    Ben
    Thanks, the changes have affected me as I have received the text as well as my PAC code. Really appreciate your efforts Ben. :T
  • ncrawley
    ncrawley Posts: 243 Forumite
    right well i've just cancelled my contract and the guy put the phone down quickly after saying it will end on Sep 3rd does this sound about right? Didn't get chance to ask for pac code either however I'm not bothered about keeping my number, the reason I cancelled was because I wanted the omnia HD but they were asking £391 for it as an upgrade so !!!!!! that, however someone said I should cancel my contract with orange and then sign up for a new orange contract via mobiles.co.uk or similar sites so I can get the omnia hd (only available with orange) a lot cheaper, I assume I can do this? Bit late now really but someone said I should be able to do it lol
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.