We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…6970727475…235

Comments

  • El_Rey
    El_Rey Posts: 413 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I have just spoken to Orange and they have agreed to give me another 200 free minutes per month, so I shouldn't incur the new charges. The person who I spoke to was very friendly and helpful. I'd advise anyone to contact Orange and see what agreement you can come to.
  • juggy09
    juggy09 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Am on Dolphin30 18 month contract, can anyone confirm if they have been on the same contract and been able to cancel. took contract out in april.
  • splicecom
    splicecom Posts: 293 Forumite
    100 Posts
    Please dont shoot me down for not reading the whole thread. I am in contract with Orange. I am 15 months of an 18 months contract. I took the deal out with Phones 4U on 23rd May. I am wanting to change because my browsing charges are costing me a fortune. I
    TOTAL DEBTS

    NONE!!!!!
  • splicecom
    splicecom Posts: 293 Forumite
    100 Posts
    Please dont shoot me down for not reading the whole thread. I am in contract with Orange. I am 15 months of an 18 months contract. I took the deal out with Phones 4U on 23rd May. I am wanting to change because my browsing charges are costing me a fortune. I have NOT recieved a text from Orange, just wondered if I have any grounds to cancel with Orange. Will the changes affect me . I am on the £35 per month 600mins unlimited text - Dolphin tariff.

    Thanks in advance guys and gals x:o
    TOTAL DEBTS

    NONE!!!!!
  • Steer
    Steer Posts: 36 Forumite
    lfcsja wrote: »
    I have just spoken to Orange and they have agreed to give me another 200 free minutes per month, so I shouldn't incur the new charges. The person who I spoke to was very friendly and helpful. I'd advise anyone to contact Orange and see what agreement you can come to.

    inclusive minutes do not include 08 numbers, so you will still be affected if you ever dial them
  • Steer
    Steer Posts: 36 Forumite
    splicecom wrote: »
    Please dont shoot me down for not reading the whole thread. I am in contract with Orange. I am 15 months of an 18 months contract. I took the deal out with Phones 4U on 23rd May. I am wanting to change because my browsing charges are costing me a fortune. I have NOT recieved a text from Orange, just wondered if I have any grounds to cancel with Orange. Will the changes affect me . I am on the £35 per month 600mins unlimited text - Dolphin tariff.

    Thanks in advance guys and gals x:o

    Yes, but with only 3 months left? you might be better off renewing your contract and getting a deal that includes internet (i only pay £20 per month for 600xnet min unlimited txt and internet from orange, got this deal about a year ago when i said i was going to leave)
  • splicecom
    splicecom Posts: 293 Forumite
    100 Posts
    Steer wrote: »
    Yes, but with only 3 months left? you might be better off renewing your contract and getting a deal that includes internet (i only pay £20 per month for 600xnet min unlimited txt and internet from orange, got this deal about a year ago when i said i was going to leave)

    Thanks for your advice Steer.
    The thing is I really want the new N97. I was hoping I could cancel with Orange and then get a new contract with Phones 4 u and get the phone for free???
    If I went through retentions do you think I would be able to get that phone for free?

    :)
    TOTAL DEBTS

    NONE!!!!!
  • johannab
    johannab Posts: 86 Forumite
    10 Posts
    i wasn't allowed to to cancel until I received the text message. When I rang they were able to tell me that 'you are not due to get the text until tomoro,after you received it ,then you can call back'. When I recevied the text,I called back and cancelled.Looks like they are sending it out gradually.

    My husband took a new contract out in june and he received the text today.

    So you should get it if you also joined in june.
  • Sorry to ask again, but if I do cancel, when I get my PAC, could I use it to move to a different orange plan, or does it have to be to a different network?
    Thanks
  • alx100
    alx100 Posts: 20 Forumite
    10 Posts
    Just got off the phone from disconnections, who first tried to give me an extra £10 off every month, but not really after that.

    So just said to him i want to disconnect, and will be disconnected on the 14th Sept in the morning. I asked him if there were any other charges to pay, (like a disconnection fee or similar), and he said no; just line rental as per normal, (up to 14th Sept).

    So good outcome for me.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.