We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
I am getting a pay as you go sim card sent out after a no hassle call to customer services.
I have a Blackberry though and I am interested in keeping my Blackberry add on, does anyone know if pay as you go with Orange will be good value or if other providers will be able to offer me a better deal (in Blackberry add on) on pay as you go or sim only deals?0 -
Good website here on what to say to Orange when you want to cancel your contract, and are a bit stuck on what to say.
Also a good section on the site with regards to what to say if you have not received the text message:
For the site address, go to google, type in "bitterwallet orange", and its the first link, (Cancelling your Orange contract).0 -
Its not worth doing that at all, just think about it.
When your on contract with a free phone you pay a premium to the network to offset the cost of the phone. Just look at what you get min's text wise when you look at the mobile contracts vs sim free contracts. You get a hell of a lot more for your money.
So its cheaper to cancel your contract, get to keep your phone for free. Then pick up a sim only month by month contracts, which gives the added bonus 1 months notice you can walk.
They hope you opt for these free mins etc, which many of us might not even use. I only went with orange because the Samsung i8910 is exclisive to them. This has worked out perfect for me, which isnt normally my luck.. My best mate wants to know who i am praying to these days lol.
Its only worth gettings the mins etc if you are close to your contract ending already, in which case use this an opertunity to drive your plan down get free mins and even a free phone quicker
i pay £20 for 400min + u/l txts
they are offering to up this to 600min and lower it to £15,
i get BB max (abeit at my bruvs home) which they charge £5.68 which includes line rental....yes line rental !!
total would be £20.68 p/m for
600 mins
free calls to my o/h, could be others too, but nobody else i know as orange!
u/l txts
line rental
u/l broadband
2 home lines, 1 with free calls to orange mobiles,
other with free o/p calls.
cant see any other provider beat that, only trouble is its my brother who benefits from the best bit!0 -
One phone call to Orange, they offered me a 100 extra minutes and also pointed out that I have never gone over my minutes I listened politely thanked the rep but said I would like to cancel and asked for a PUK code, no issues, 30 days notice given.. O2 iPhone here I come!
However I would like to point out that Orange have always been amazing and if the were able to supply me with an iPhone I wouldnt leave them, when my phone was lost/stolen, they cancelled my phone then unocked it again the next day so I could try ringing it - they also sent me a new sim card free (waiving the £15 fee). If they ever manage to supply the iPhone I il switch straight back!0 -
Just noticed Orange have changed their pay monthly guide to include a clause about the price increase from the 14th Sept. Still no clause about the international call charges changing though. They have dated the guide July 09 v29. Have a look on the orange website for the pay monthly guide.
However I still have a copy of the pay monthly guide that I signed up to in Mid July before all of these changes came to light. Still available if you type in google:
PAYM_PriceGuide20090701.pdf
What do you reckon to getting out of the contract? Will they try the "Well the July terms included the changes" when clearly they didn't.0 -
Am on a retention deal with orange, i have :-
Free nokia 5800
600 mins
unlimited texts
unlimted internet
for £19.49 a month
Have just called orange the first call, im not allowed to cancel..I had the text by mistake :rotfl:apparently !!! 2nd call, yes you can cancel....can i renegotiate my contract, no...so i can cancel...yes ...i can offer you an extra 500 mins to stay at orange though...i said ill think about it.
Does anyone think i can renegotiate a new deal phone ??? or would it be best to cancel/take the 500 mins ??
Ta
Matt :-)Pay One Debt 2012 Challenge #62 Next £10.65/£4100 -
Matt, that sounds like a good deal. Why not try to get your contract length reduced as well. If not then leave, there's plenty of similar deals around0
-
I
this website :j:j:j
I was unaware of these price changes until I saw this thread, despite OH being on Orange and getting the text message (he didn't pay any attention to it and just deleted it :doh:) he hates his phone cant get network coverage at work or downstairs in our house.
So one quick phone call to orange his phone will be cancelled as of tomorrow (he only had to give 30 days notice if he requested his PAC) and he has signed up to voda for 600 mins/unlimited text/free internet for 18 months with a free N85 and a free £50 voucher for lastminute.com, even better as I sorted out this via Quidco I get £90 cashback ( :shhh: but we dont tell him that)0 -
Some people might remember my post quite a few pages ago where I ended up having a long discussion with a manager who claimed I wasnt eligible and wouldnt be affected by the changes.
Well I got "the" text about the prices changes on sat, called them yesterday eve and got through to an arsy sod of a man who claimed the price change was only for the first min you went over, had to correct him on that and stuck to my guns, quoted him section 4.3 of the contract and lo behold my pac code is on its way to me in the post!
I will still be sending a letter to the head office to complain about the way I was treated by the previous people I called, and the fact that the manager lied to me about my previous bills0 -
Some people might remember my post quite a few pages ago where I ended up having a long discussion with a manager who claimed I wasnt eligible and wouldnt be affected by the changes.
Well I got "the" text about the prices changes on sat, called them yesterday eve and got through to an arsy sod of a man who claimed the price change was only for the first min you went over, had to correct him on that and stuck to my guns, quoted him section 4.3 of the contract and lo behold my pac code is on its way to me in the post!
I will still be sending a letter to the head office to complain about the way I was treated by the previous people I called, and the fact that the manager lied to me about my previous bills
Wouldn't even bother with the letter, I never got any response to my one!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards