We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…7778808283…235

Comments

  • juggy09
    juggy09 Posts: 41 Forumite
    If anyone is having problems canceling there contract, phone up ofcom, i explained to them what was happening with orange and the lady i spoke to gave me a number to phone at orange, got through to a really nice lady who told me i had every right to cancel, she put me through to another lady who canceled my phone no prblem.
  • mattblue
    mattblue Posts: 104 Forumite
    Tried again today to cancel, offered another £10 off my bill so 9.49 for all the below, started off on a £35pm deal...so instead of £630 18 month contract, am paying £170 ---- happy with that..
    mattblue wrote: »
    Am on a retention deal with orange, i have :-

    Free nokia 5800
    600 mins
    unlimited texts
    unlimted internet

    for £19.49 a month

    Have just called orange the first call, im not allowed to cancel..I had the text by mistake :rotfl:apparently !!! 2nd call, yes you can cancel....can i renegotiate my contract, no...so i can cancel...yes ...i can offer you an extra 500 mins to stay at orange though...i said ill think about it.

    Does anyone think i can renegotiate a new deal phone ??? or would it be best to cancel/take the 500 mins ??

    Ta

    Matt :-)
    Pay One Debt 2012 Challenge #62 Next £10.65/£410
  • There is a lot of confusion with this issue, you will need to chech with the company you ordered from, i am having similar issues with mobiles.co.uk

    I ordered from Buymobilephones.net as Im at work Ill have to check the paperwork when I get In. What issues are you having have they asked for them back? lol
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,958
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    iamsancho1 wrote: »
    Just phoned orange (twice) to cancel stating the t & c have changed and that the info is on their website. Have been fobbed off twice. Once saying I needed the text (which is fair enough) and the second time because i took the contract out in August 2008 the changes would not effect me. Has anyone else had this as an excuse?

    And do you really need to have the text to cancel? I get flustered on the phone and its hard to think of things to say back to the quickly!!

    NO!! the change is now in their new T&C on their website. according to their own T&C you can cancel if they change their T&C.

    And of course you can cancel if you took it out last August. You signed up for different T&C at the time.
  • iamsancho1
    iamsancho1 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Any wrote: »
    NO!! the change is now in their new T&C on their website. according to their own T&C you can cancel if they change their T&C.

    And of course you can cancel if you took it out last August. You signed up for different T&C at the time.

    Thank you so much for your help!!

    I'll keep phoning them until I get through to someone who will cancel my contract!
  • I ordered from Buymobilephones.net as Im at work Ill have to check the paperwork when I get In. What issues are you having have they asked for them back? lol
    No free gifts to send back, but because the staff are not upto speed on the situation, some are saying i will have to return my handset and others are saying i don`t but will have to pay for the handset, this is all very confusing, i think that these 3 party company`s should issue some sort of formal statement as to where they stand and that would make it clear to all
  • sumodog
    sumodog Posts: 51 Forumite
    Has anyone cancelled with a phone via dialaphone?

    I'm on orange (400m / unlimited text) with Nokia 5800 via dialaphone for £30 per month less an automatic £10 discount meaning I pay £20.

    I like the phone and, tbh, have no issue with the network so am not that bothered about cancelling but if i can get a discount...

    Is this a possibility with this package? Is the discount from Orange or DaP?

    Appreciate any ideas - Ta
    Uh?
  • iamsancho1
    iamsancho1 Posts: 19 Forumite
    iamsancho1 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your help!!

    I'll keep phoning them until I get through to someone who will cancel my contract!

    Just spoke to James who was extremely helpful. PAC code being sent to me within 5 days. :j

    Why cant all Orange customer service people be that good!

    Didn't even need the txt, t & c's on the website was enough.

    Thanks again for all your help! :T
  • elizabeth1965_2
    elizabeth1965_2 Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 5 August 2009 at 2:08PM
    just rang orange n cancelled both mine n fellas contract,both phones off tommorow.......no questions asked.just said i had read the terms n conditions n wanted to cancel. o2 here we come.
    P.S thanks to ben from mobiles.co.uk your help n advice over the past two days,very much appreciated
  • Ive got a orange mobile internet contract which comes with a USB dongle.
    I wondered if the change in term and conditions relates to the broadband package?
    I wondered if I could escape my contract?

    Cheers
    James
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.