Orange Price changes ?

Options

Comments

• mutedwhisper
    Options
    MRC wrote: »
    I did that, she said.. "It doesn't, but that's not the case. You need to send it back as we are offering it as goodwill to cancel." - I laughed and called back again and another agent has sent the PAC code out and it's sorted :)

Well done!! I am having no luck :(
  • MRC_2
    MRC_2 Posts: 555 Forumite
    Options
    Well done!! I am having no luck :(

People are right here that it does depend on who you get! Some people haven't a clue. Just keep trying, I've noticed they rarely check the notes or some don't even leave them..
  • dhil1on
    dhil1on Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I have got them to terminate my contract, 30 days notice, they were asking for the phone but i simply told them that I was having too many problems with the htc touch diamond and I no longer have it.

I also pointed out that its orange violating their own terms so theres no reason to send the phone back. I have 30 days left with Orange :D
  • moydie1234
    Options
    Don't normally post but felt compelled to

My contract was up in 3 months anyway, but I was thinking of terminating it and getting another phone on o2 using my o2 open code for 30% off so I thought I'd give this a try.

Basically, I'm just off the phone with a nice guy from Orange, think the call lasted about 6 minutes. I told him I wanted to cancel due to the price changes and that I'd spoken to Citizen's Advice and they said I was within my rights to terminate without paying a fee. I was ready for an arguement but he agreed completely and said they'd just received training for this happening. I asked if he'd had quite a few but he told me I was his first (bless) and that it shouldn't affect that many people, only if you go over.

At first he said he could have the contract terminated by Monday, but when I asked for a PAC he said it'd be 2-3 working days for my PAC to arrive in the post and then my contract will be terminated when it's ported to o2.

I can't believe how straight forward and quick it was so thanks to all who posted with tips, I guess it really does depend who you get on the other end of the phone.
    4810510 Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    MRC wrote: »
    I did that, she said.. "It doesn't, but that's not the case. You need to send it back as we are offering it as goodwill to cancel." - I laughed and called back again and another agent has sent the PAC code out and it's sorted :)

You don't need to give the handset back. According to their T&Cs

"14 Devices

your Device is not a part of your Contract

14.1 Your Device and Accessories are acquired by you outside the terms of your Contract. "

Once again, just tell them to read the contract. Big companies seem to be great and pointing out their T&Cs to customers but don't like it when customers do the same back.
  • mutedwhisper
    Options
    Has no one else been told that there is a criteria that you have to meet to be able to cancel it? Or has everyone else constantly gone over their minutes? I've been told this twice now!
  • dil1976
    dil1976 Posts: 484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has no one else been told that there is a criteria that you have to meet to be able to cancel it? Or has everyone else constantly gone over their minutes? I've been told this twice now!

Not at all, I just said that I call both my answer phone and 08 number and that it would start costing me considerably more on my bill inthe future due to this. Thus meaning my T&Cs were altered considerably.
  • mutedwhisper
    Options
    dil1976 wrote: »
    Not at all, I just said that I call both my answer phone and 08 number and that it would start costing me considerably more on my bill inthe future due to this. Thus meaning my T&Cs were altered considerably.

I've tried that but I don't know if I can argue anymore :( I want to phone back but I get nervous phoning them because everything seems to always be a battle!!
  • mcmanlyn
    mcmanlyn Posts: 422 Forumite
    Options
    i'm the same mutedwhisper :(

What are the changes to the 08 numbers? They weren't mentioned in the link I was sent...and I do call them quite a bit!
    Wondering how to have a life & not rack up more debts...
  • mutedwhisper
    Options
    mcmanlyn wrote: »
    i'm the same mutedwhisper :(

What are the changes to the 08 numbers? They weren't mentioned in the link I was sent...and I do call them quite a bit!

I'm not entirely sure about the 08 numbers but there is obviously an increase but it applies to the answer phone etc. I think I might be brave and phone one more time. Thing is - I sent a big 4 page letter to them a couple of days ago. I'll try again if you will!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure