Orange Price changes ?

Options

Comments

• mcmanlyn
    mcmanlyn Posts: 422 Forumite
    Options
    Pah just called & all I got was the CSR offering to change my talk plan so i don't go over my minutes :(

Maybe i'm just not that great at the arguing thing lol
    Wondering how to have a life & not rack up more debts...
  • mr_taffy_2
    mr_taffy_2 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    I just phoned up again and they have cancelled my contract this time. Told them id been to citizens advice and they confirmed that i was in my right to cancel.:beer:
  • lindsaygalaxy
    lindsaygalaxy Posts: 2,067 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just emailed them, if I dont get a response within 24 hours I will call to try and cancel. Thank you so much for this thread, I hope I can cancel my contract I have had a terrible time with Orange.
    £2 Savers club £0/£150
    1p a day £/
  • dhil1on
    dhil1on Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I'm having quite a problem with orange at the moment regarding best plan:

"I took out an 18m contract with orange last July/August time, it was the Canary 40 but at the time they had a -£5 promotion so its £35 per month.
    With this i recieve 850 mins 500 messages unlimited orange calls and unlimited internet.

I then went to B'ham uni, had terrible reception and had an internal call so I get a message from Orange bestplan around feb time.
    They reduce my line rental but £10 -suits me fine and at the time I am told I can go back to my original plan exactly when I want obviously effective from next billing date.

Im home now and using the minutes fast so I decide to go back up.

I spoke to two members of staff and also a manager and heres what Ive been told.

Orange no longer do the Canary 40 or any Canary package due to unlimited orange mins but after a couple of hours I had a call telling me I can have it back.

BUT

My unlimited orange internet was capped at 500mb when I took the contract out at the beginning and now they are only giving me 250mb?
    The manager tried to persuade me it was not part of the tariff or contract and was a goodwill gesture.

I did not request the free bundle at any time, and It was a clear marketing promotion that they had at the time last year otherwise I wouldn't have bothered going with orange! Both the representative and manager have told me that 250 = 500 but clearly it doesnt its 2x difference and if I go over 250 to 500 then Im paying for it.

Can someone please offer me some advice I have got the address where I can escalate the issue to but the manager didn't seem very bothered - im getting the feeling they are using a loophole by just stating that the free internet bundle when I took out my contract is not part of the bundle?

I either want my tariff returned to as it was when I took out the contract or I want to cancel the contract immediately as Im being offered a tarrif which costs the same but half the internet allowance.

If anyone can shed some light on this I will be very grateful.

Thank you"

I have not received any text message so is this applicable to me? I am on a canary 40 tarrif from last july/august time and now a canary 30 due to bestplan since feb time.
    4810510 Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    dhil1on wrote: »
    Hi, I'm having quite a problem with orange at the moment regarding best plan:

I have not received any text message so is this applicable to me? I am on a canary 40 tarrif from last july/august time and now a canary 30 due to bestplan since feb time.

My understanding of this situation is that Orange are increasing their charges for all customers. This includes the cost of mobile internet browsing and some call costs not included in some plans. You should call them up and select the option for leaving O and then explain that you've had a text saying your calls costs are increasing from 14 Sep and you would like to give them notice of termination. If they say no say you will call Trading Standards and call back. Repeat this process until you get someone who knows what you are talking about and let's you terminate. I think the text message refers you to orangeworld.co.uk/r/03.

Hope this helps.
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ( on son's orange phone- my bill!) I used to get a free paper bill- thats gone this month as well

can't log on at moment to see the bill either .

This thread might be interesting if I can see if applies to us
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • mutedwhisper
    Options
    I have just emailed them, if I dont get a response within 24 hours I will call to try and cancel. Thank you so much for this thread, I hope I can cancel my contract I have had a terrible time with Orange.

hi lindsaygalaxy - just wanted to say that with email, the only response you get is them telling you they cannot answer account specific questions due to security so i would recommend phoning them anyway.
  • MRC_2
    MRC_2 Posts: 555 Forumite
    Options
    Finally agreeing, but now say I have to send the handset back...!
  • john-306
    john-306 Posts: 722 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MRC wrote: »
    Finally agreeing, but now say I have to send the handset back...!

Tell them to point you to where in the T&C it states you have to send the phone back.
  • MRC_2
    MRC_2 Posts: 555 Forumite
    Options
    john-306 wrote: »
    Tell them to point you to where in the T&C it states you have to send the phone back.

I did that, she said.. "It doesn't, but that's not the case. You need to send it back as we are offering it as goodwill to cancel." - I laughed and called back again and another agent has sent the PAC code out and it's sorted :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure