Orange Price changes ?

Options

Comments

• Littlemiss27
    Littlemiss27 Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Can someone please post the link from the text message as I would like to have a read through the changes before I call orange.
  • sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    Just been having a look through, I only joined Orange 3 weeks ago. The mobile data bundle that at the moment provides 500mb anytime for £4.98 per month, is going to 250mb anytime for £7.50 per month!

At the moment I dont subscribe to this bundle as im using the 2 months free evening and weekened allowance however was going to join when this expires. Therfore will I be able to cancel on this basis??

No, Your using a free promo, What a waste of a phone contract :rolleyes:
  • sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    Hi!

I have been having many arguements with orange about getting out of the contract because i get no signal but just tried calling about the call charges and asked them to cancel.

The lady on the other end said that there is a criteria and that they can only cancel if over the majority of the past twelve months, they have gone over their minutes "or something". Is this a lot of rubbish???

It's bad for my health being with orange, i was actually shaking when i came off the phone because i'm so fed up with them :cry:

No it isnt rubbish. You dont fill the criteria = You cant cancel. Simples.
  • moneysavingpete
    Options
    sporedude wrote: »
    No, Your using a free promo, What a waste of a phone contract :rolleyes:

I think what fergies_army was saying is that he has every intention of using the paid for service once the free promo expires and therefore the change will be detrimental to him. Afterall why would he pay for something now that orange are kind enough to give him for free.
  • ncfcbuff
    ncfcbuff Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Just off the phone to Orange - Im glad some people got it done quickly as it took me nearly 20 minutes, but my PAC will be here on Friday to Monday.
  • TimRogers
    TimRogers Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    I didn't get this text...what tarrifs does it apply to? And how do you know about the internet price increase? I currently have the £5 p/m internet, will my price go up?
  • MRC_2
    MRC_2 Posts: 555 Forumite
    Options
    Just called, didn't get anywhere with them. Team leader knew nothing about this, wouldn't accept the fact that I want to cancel due to this. Said they need more information about it first and then they may be able to do something with sending the handset back?

Orange are pretty useless.
  • fergies_army
    fergies_army Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think what fergies_army was saying is that he has every intention of using the paid for service once the free promo expires and therefore the change will be detrimental to him. Afterall why would he pay for something now that orange are kind enough to give him for free.

Funny enough i phoned Orange before joining as i was signing up via a third party and wanted to check i could add the data bundle with them afterwards, which of course they said no probs.

When I phoned them to provide my PAC and asked to add the data bundle (500mb for £4.98) they said i might as well wait two months until free promo runs out and then add it.

Now of course as of the price changes I can add the bundle however it will cost me more per month for half the data allowence!
  • MRC_2
    MRC_2 Posts: 555 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone got the web address for the changes?
  • mutedwhisper
    Options
    sporedude wrote: »
    No it isnt rubbish. You dont fill the criteria = You cant cancel. Simples.

Yes but when she added on the "or something" she just seemed as though she wasn't sure what I was talking about and other people haven't had this problem. PLUS after talking to another person, they advised me to put it in writing as a complaint and they would then cancel my contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure