Orange Price changes ?

Options

Comments

• mr_taffy_2
    mr_taffy_2 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Hi.
    I have tried to cancel my contract with orange today but they are saying the changes dont apply to me as i havent gone over my allowance of 400 mins.
  • mutedwhisper
    Options
    The thing is that I have often gone over the 200 minutes and have had quite large bills because of this and this is another reason why I'm unsure why I can't cancel on this. Surely it will affect anyone that MAY go over their minutes?
  • mr_taffy_2
    mr_taffy_2 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    . Surely it will affect anyone that MAY go over their minutes?

Thats the point that i am using with them if i go over my allowanc then i will get hammerd with the new prices.
  • mutedwhisper
    Options
    It's maybe now that so many people have cancelled that they have made up this new criteria or something! I sent a big 4 page complaint letter yesterday about my signal but also put a note on about the charges so I'll post once (more like if) I get anything back and if writing works you could try that!
  • dil1976
    dil1976 Posts: 484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I managed to cancel with them, after phoning 3 times and on the first 2 occasions got told 2 different things about the changes. Rang a 3rd time to then be sucesfull in cancelling.

So could be well worth just to keep ringing until you get someone who knows about the changes and will allow you to cancel.

Got a feeling the retentions department have been quite busy over this so may be just feeding any line to customers t get them to stay.

Oh and you can get £90 with quidco by joining Vodafone which I did this evening.
  • mutedwhisper
    Options
    OOH that's good to know. I'll wait and see what I get back about my letter first and if I don't hear back soon I'll pester them until they do cancel! Did they talk to you about a certain criteria or was the 3rd person just quite happy to cancel?
  • dil1976
    Options
    No the 3rd person sounded bemused about what I was gong on about, went off to talk to his supervisor then came back and cancelled for me.
  • mutedwhisper
    Options
    What options did you go through on? Did you go to the one that says 'if you are thinking of leaving orange' because that was the woman that said they couldn't alter my contract or cancel it!
  • dil1976
    Options
    Yes thats the one, maybe worth calling two or 3 times and also state that with the call costs increasing, thats a major change to terms and conditions allowing you to end your contract
    4810510 Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    What options did you go through on? Did you go to the one that says 'if you are thinking of leaving orange' because that was the woman that said they couldn't alter my contract or cancel it!

I posted the T&Cs at the start of this thread.

From Orange terms and conditions effective 1 June 2007

"Terminating your Contract because Orange has changed its terms

4.3 You may also terminate your Contract if we vary its terms, resulting in an excessive increase in the Charges or changes that alter your rights under this Contract to your detriment. In such cases you would need to give us at least 14 days written notice prior to your Billing Date (and within one month of us telling you about the changes). However this option does not apply if:

4.3.1 we have increased the Charges by an amount equal to or less than the percentage increase in the All Items Index of Retail Prices published by the Central Statistical Office in the Monthly Digest of Statistics in any 12 month period;"

Taken from http://www1.orange.co.uk/mobileterms/#4
    All T&Cs http://www1.orange.co.uk/mobileterms/

You don't need to pay the charges, once O vary the charges in excess of RPI then you have the right to cancel. If you have a problem just refer them to the terms of the contract via the link above. I would suggest that you call 150 and select the option for leaving O. If at first you don't succeed just hang up and try again with another CSR.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure