We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
Hi all,
So here's the official statement from our Press Office:
"Orange recently decided to make changes to contract customers' call charges for out-of-bundle minimum call rate, international calls from the UK and pay-as-you consume data browsing.
However in listening to our customers it became clear that some of them found the messages sent to announce these changes confusing about who would be affected and how. This is obviously not our intention and therefore we have decided not to go ahead with the proposed changes.
It is normal practice for businesses to make pricing changes, and whilst we clearly cannot rule out any future changes we know that transparency and consistency in our policies is extremely important to our customers. Orange apologises to those customers who found the messages unclear and any subsequent misunderstanding this has caused. We will be reviewing all policies and procedures for price changes to make sure that they are clearer in future.
Orange always strives to deliver the best communications and we hope that these steps will overcome any confusion and frustration that our customers felt."
Appreciate there's allot of questions here in the forum, all of which will be fedback to the business, however I'm sorry I won't be able to answer them here.
For account specific questions or to take your questions further please contact Customer Services.“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Orange. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0 -
I wonder if freecycle has a copy of Communications Act 2003 I could send Orange.0
-
Interesting How I place on here a direct question to him which states people are still legally entitled, and now he will not answer anymore questions0
-
Orange_Company_Representative wrote: »Hi all,
So here's the official statement from our Press Office:
"Orange recently decided to make changes to contract customers' call charges for out-of-bundle minimum call rate, international calls from the UK and pay-as-you consume data browsing.
However in listening to our customers it became clear that some of them found the messages sent to announce these changes confusing about who would be affected and how. This is obviously not our intention and therefore we have decided not to go ahead with the proposed changes.
It is normal practice for businesses to make pricing changes, and whilst we clearly cannot rule out any future changes we know that transparency and consistency in our policies is extremely important to our customers. Orange apologises to those customers who found the messages unclear and any subsequent misunderstanding this has caused. We will be reviewing all policies and procedures for price changes to make sure that they are clearer in future.
Orange always strives to deliver the best communications and we hope that these steps will overcome any confusion and frustration that our customers felt."
Appreciate there's allot of questions here in the forum, all of which will be fedback to the business, however I'm sorry I won't be able to answer them here.
For account specific questions or to take your questions further please contact Customer Services.
"Orange always strives to deliver the best communications and we hope that these steps will overcome any confusion and frustration that our customers felt" I'm confused - what steps have Orange done here? Oh a press release...my bad
0 -
Funny how this release is not on the Orange website nor the orange press site.... I thinks they are too ashamed
0 -
From that release I can foresee them adding stuff about 'there excellent communications' in every advert - to try and re-enforce that point. The reason many are annoyed with Orange!!!!!....and don't get me started again about them denying me my LEGAL CONSUMER RIGHTS!!!! Oops caps key got hit there....weird
0 -
Hi
I phoned orange yesterday and after being given all sorts of bull eventually got agreement to terminate, and PAC was to be sent out.
My wife just caled me to say Orange called and siad they are now not changing the conditions and have cancelled my termination process
Where do I stand with this? I was using this as a get out due to poor signal at my new address0 -
Hi all,
So here's the official statement from our Press Office:
"Orange recently decided to make changes to contract customers' call charges for out-of-bundle minimum call rate, international calls from the UK and pay-as-you consume data browsing.
However in listening to our customers it became clear that some of them found the messages sent to announce these changes confusing about who would be affected and how. This is obviously not our intention and therefore we have decided not to go ahead with the proposed changes.
It is normal practice for businesses to make pricing changes, and whilst we clearly cannot rule out any future changes we know that transparency and consistency in our policies is extremely important to our customers. Orange apologises to those customers who found the messages unclear and any subsequent misunderstanding this has caused. We will be reviewing all policies and procedures for price changes to make sure that they are clearer in future.
Orange always strives to deliver the best communications and we hope that these steps will overcome any confusion and frustration that our customers felt."
What a load of BS, this means they have trotted off to see how hey can get round this another way!!! put prices up in smaller amounts but more frequently probably!!!
As for the "Orange strives blah blah blah"
think we all know that's just pure fantasy0 -
Conor
I am sure you are aware of the COMMUNICATIONS ACT 2003, which states'Any proposed Modifications that are not agreed to'
We didnt agree with these modifications, yet we were given 30 Days Notice of the PROPOSED changes.
Example
Someone who got a text on the 3rd of August and was then told today they were not happening, HAD 10 Days to terminate their contract under the above ACT, BUT they were not allowed their right to exercise this.
Dispite there being notes on their account stating they requested disconnection.
I am sure you are aware this is a breach of the above ACT and therefore anyone who has notes on their account between the text and todays date are still LEGALLY entitled to cancel. THIS HAS BEEN LOOKED INTO AND I HAVE HAD THIS CONFIRMED.
So please can you give us a Statement on this Point Please.
Many Thanks
Conor care to comment?
Oh and Orange I do not agree to the withdrawal of the new T&C's. I wish to cancel. Is that clear enough?0 -
I was one of the many who tried to cancel and rudely and abusively told no, I will sit it out til the end of this contract but after dealing with the attitudes of the staff who Orange choose to employ will never take out a contract with them again. I hope many others will also do the same when the time is up on their contracts. This will still affect Orange as thousands of customers were treated badly and many people will remember this when it comes to changing contracts.
I wrote a letter and sent it recorded delivery , they will have received it yesterday, I wonder if I ever get a reply to this now and if I do whether it will just be a standard letter sent to all those who wrote and complained or if they will actually address the points I mentioned and send me a personal reply.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards