We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
i know i probably shouldnt be suprised, but there is no mention of the changes on the orange site when you log into your mobile account, they have news etc but nothing mentioning the new call charges or anything else.
I know its probably me being fussy, but IF they were to change the call charges i would like at least an email as well lol0 -
Human_Writes wrote: »I'm not sure on whether you'd win a CISAS claim, from speaking to CISAS yesterday, they said to win I'd have to prove that Orange had breached the terms of my contract, which I'm not certain that they have done.
Orange provided us with more than 30 days notice of the changes they intended to make to make to the contract, they then provided you with more than 30 days notice that they no longer intend to proceed with these changes.
In effect we can't prove they've breached the terms of the contract because they haven't, they provided you with notice that they were going to excercise their right to make changes to the contract, then they told you that they had changed their mind. No actual amendments have been made to the terms of your contract, therefore arguably there has been no breach.
But what about not upholding customer rights? Aka the ability to cancel. That's where the big issue is now. Legally yes Orange have now covered there rear's from further cancellations, current callcellations still stand. But they really did go about it unfairly. Like I said my grief is in the fact they said no to my Consumer Rights.0 -
Puzzledbubbles wrote: »i know i probably shouldnt be suprised, but there is no mention of the changes on the orange site when you log into your mobile account, they have news etc but nothing mentioning the new call charges or anything else.
I know its probably me being fussy, but IF they were to change the call charges i would like at least an email as well lol
Can't find it anywhere either.0 -
Why haven't they bothered to send out txts to say that these changes aren't actually happening? Quick enough to do it when it suited them0
-
Staring to get worried now,phoned up orange last thursday and they said that i could cancel.
Requested my PAC code which was sent on but I have still not recieved it.Will I be stuck with 2 contracts ?,the orange one and my new one that i have taken out with o2 ?
Surely if they have sent out my PAC code I will be OK as they have agreed to the cancellation ?
Will my contract be terminated as soon as I use the PAC code to port my number to o2 ?
ANy help appreciated0 -
UPDATE 1006: We’ve just spoken to Orange’s press office - there’s a full release due to be sent to us in the next few minutes, but in the meantime we can confirm that in cases where Orange have already agreed to a cancellation, these will still stand. Anybody who has requested a PAC code will be informed that the changes will not be going ahead, but will still be free to cancel.0
-
BarneyBoots wrote: »Staring to get worried now,phoned up orange last thursday and they said that i could cancel.
Requested my PAC code which was sent on but I have still not recieved it.Will I be stuck with 2 contracts ?,the orange one and my new one that i have taken out with o2 ?
Surely if they have sent out my PAC code I will be OK as they have agreed to the cancellation ?
Will my contract be terminated as soon as I use the PAC code to port my number to o2 ?
ANy help appreciated
When you use your PAC code your Orange contract will be disconnected then, I am in the same boat as you as I was told I was cancelled on monday morning, but waiting for my PAC code to arrive and a bit worried now that they won't cancel it!0 -
hellraiser11 wrote: »I used to view my bills online, however since the number is ported, it says the number does not exist?
Yea if you have a orange pay go just quickly register that on that account and you will be able to view your final bill for the monthly acount.0 -
BarneyBoots wrote: »Staring to get worried now,phoned up orange last thursday and they said that i could cancel.
Requested my PAC code which was sent on but I have still not recieved it.Will I be stuck with 2 contracts ?,the orange one and my new one that i have taken out with o2 ?
Surely if they have sent out my PAC code I will be OK as they have agreed to the cancellation ?
Will my contract be terminated as soon as I use the PAC code to port my number to o2 ?
ANy help appreciated
I'm in exactly the same position - phone Thursday, agreed cancellation, requested PAC, still not arrived!0 -
#rossmcmanus wrote: »UPDATE 1006: We’ve just spoken to Orange’s press office - there’s a full release due to be sent to us in the next few minutes, but in the meantime we can confirm that in cases where Orange have already agreed to a cancellation, these will still stand. Anybody who has requested a PAC code will be informed that the changes will not be going ahead, but will still be free to cancel.
Who is 'we'?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards