We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…171172174176177…235

Comments

  • MasterPJ
    MasterPJ Posts: 227 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Sorry yes - Telephone for Ofcom is: 02079813040.
  • MasterPJ
    MasterPJ Posts: 227 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 12 August 2009 at 10:00AM
    To escalate this even further call: CISAS on 02075203827. But Ofcom shall inform you of this.

    (Its the omnisum for Orange)

    Just rang them - need to write to Orange first and them come to deadlock with them via letters.

    I can only assume Ofcom will have had there say in the matter sooner that having to get in to a deadlock with Orange.
  • MasterPJ wrote: »
    Now they have annoyed me.

    I have now made a request for Information under Data Protection Act 1998. Indicating any digital item where I am the subject of or mentioned, I also be sent.

    I also asked for all the notes on my account to be sent to me. With any changes that has occurred to them by any member of staff at any time. All with dates and times attached as well.

    Enough is enough - removing my consumer rights is not on.

    I think everyone who was refused canelation should do this as well, give them a whole load of extra work to do and I'm assuming that they will have to foot the postage costs?
  • Yeah I got that number aswell from Ofcom but I don't see the point in ringing it and escalting it further as Orange are now not changing there T&C so there is no reason for the contract to be cancelled

    Is there any point in ringing them?
  • I think everyone who was refused canelation should do this as well, give them a whole load of extra work to do and I'm assuming that they will have to foot the postage costs?

    Before sending you your data under the Data Protection Act they can by law charge you £10.00 for it, plus they can insist that you identify yourself to their satisfaction, photocopies of passports, driving licencse e.t.c.

    It's probably more trouble than it's worth asking them for the information, especially if you don't need it.
  • MasterPJ
    MasterPJ Posts: 227 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I think everyone who was refused canelation should do this as well, give them a whole load of extra work to do and I'm assuming that they will have to foot the postage costs?

    It could cost up to £10. Which is what the act also says. Sorry :(

    But the hassle is what I am causing because they have put me through so much hassle.


    I just want a copy of it all so that I have a copy at hand to see what's really been noted on my account. And if needs be show Ofcom or CISAS evidence.
  • The PAC code is on it's way for the number they agreed to. It seems that they are allowing this. But I'm unsure about the other number ..
  • MasterPJ
    MasterPJ Posts: 227 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Yeah I got that number aswell from Ofcom but I don't see the point in ringing it and escalting it further as Orange are now not changing there T&C so there is no reason for the contract to be cancelled

    Is there any point in ringing them?

    CISAS - no. Need to be at war with Orange via Letters first.

    My argument still stands - my consumer rights were not upheld and no company has the right to remove anyone's consumer rights. I pray Ofcom come through for us this time.

    Orange withdrawing obviously have realised they are in the wrong. So Ofcom should come back with something.

    Ofcom I beg you phone.
  • robot1000
    robot1000 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Yeah I got that number aswell from Ofcom but I don't see the point in ringing it and escalting it further as Orange are now not changing there T&C so there is no reason for the contract to be cancelled

    Is there any point in ringing them?

    Where did you get that info from?
  • vixmony
    vixmony Posts: 252 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I have a confirmation letter states that my two lines I cancelled will stop working on the 3rd of september I have them in my hands do you reckon they can now turn around and say they won't cancel?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.