We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…174175177179180…235

Comments

  • Bitterwallet

    Sorry I can't post a link to the artical as im a new user so the forum won't let me.
  • I called on Sunday to ask for my contract to be cancelled as I was not happy with the new charges, but was told I would have to wait for the text confirmation.
    Now I'm told that Orange have backtracked on the decision meaning I can no longer cancel. Is this correct even though I asked to cancel before today's announcement?
  • I called on Sunday to ask for my contract to be cancelled as I was not happy with the new charges, but was told I would have to wait for the text confirmation.
    Now I'm told that Orange have backtracked on the decision meaning I can no longer cancel. Is this correct even though I asked to cancel before today's announcement?

    Afraid it looks like it as you hadent yet recived the text. So the cancellation request was not processed so you won't be able to cancell now.
  • MasterPJ
    MasterPJ Posts: 227 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    haha

    "Orange have apologised for “any frustration and confusion” that customers have experienced, and we’ve also been told Orange are carrying out a full review of customer service procedures to ensure future customers aren’t treated in the questionable manner reported by dozens of Bitterwallet readers."

    Won't go anywhere.....
  • robot1000
    robot1000 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Staring to get worried now,phoned up orange last thursday and they said that i could cancel.
    Requested my PAC code which was sent on but I have still not recieved it.Will I be stuck with 2 contracts ?,the orange one and my new one that i have taken out with o2 ?

    Surely if they have sent out my PAC code I will be OK as they have agreed to the cancellation ?
    Will my contract be terminated as soon as I use the PAC code to port my number to o2 ?

    ANy help appreciated
    You have 14 days in which you can cancel the O2 contract
  • MasterPJ
    MasterPJ Posts: 227 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Anyone who hasn't cancelled wont be able to now - full stop.
  • MasterPJ
    MasterPJ Posts: 227 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Waits for newsroom.orange.co.uk to update or Bitterwallet.
  • Afraid it looks like it as you hadent yet recived the text. So the cancellation request was not processed so you won't be able to cancell now.

    So it looks as though Orange are within their rights to move the goalposts whenever they feel like it. The customers however are told to either like it or lump it!
    Why were we not informed of the proposed changes formerly?
  • Staring to get worried now,phoned up orange last thursday and they said that i could cancel.
    Requested my PAC code which was sent on but I have still not recieved it.Will I be stuck with 2 contracts ?,the orange one and my new one that i have taken out with o2 ?

    Surely if they have sent out my PAC code I will be OK as they have agreed to the cancellation ?
    Will my contract be terminated as soon as I use the PAC code to port my number to o2 ?

    ANy help appreciated

    Call them, and they will give you the pac over the phone, my PAC still hasnt arrived and i cancelled nearly 2 weeks ago, a begrudingly rude advisor was able to give it me over the phone. :-)
  • Well as soon as I posted the last reply on here my PAC code has arrived from Orange. So I will be off to get an iPhone now and then my Orange contract will be terminated, fair play to Orange for getting the PAC code out to me so quick!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.