We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
They "apparently" have released a statement today. But still no sign of it anywhere. Phoned them first thing and they informed me of this.0
-
Human_Writes wrote: »Before sending you your data under the Data Protection Act they can by law charge you £10.00 for it, plus they can insist that you identify yourself to their satisfaction, photocopies of passports, driving licencse e.t.c.
It's probably more trouble than it's worth asking them for the information, especially if you don't need it.
didn't know this!
scrub earlier suggestion :0(0 -
-
I have a confirmation letter states that my two lines I cancelled will stop working on the 3rd of september I have them in my hands do you reckon they can now turn around and say they won't cancel?
They have confirmed the cancellation. So you should be fine. You even have the paperwork to back that up.
If they reconnect all there customers....well if they do... don't know what will happen. Ofcom will surely have something to say then.
If they do reconnect all there customers who left - then this whole situation in my eyes was to get more money out of people, I do wonder right now if that was there plan all along. Time shall tell...0 -
rossmcmanus wrote: »The woman I spoke to at the Orange Executive Office when I rang up after Ofcom give me the number
She said they have decided not to because of the affect it will have on the business.
Yep. I got the old story of the word got around too much (lol - what do you expect?) and some clever wording about inconsistency. Just phone them up to get them to read out there morning notice to you. Its a joke, it really is - but really do listen to the wording of what they say.0 -
So I just sat and read through 50+ pages getting very excited that I could get out of my cripplingly expensive Orange contract to now see on this page that they are no longer changing their T&C's, can someone please clarify for me - does this mean that I cannot cancel my contract now?
Sorry if I'm being slow, I don't want to be on hold for 2 hours to be told 'computer says no'!0 -
I've just found the article
http://www.bitterwallet.com/bitterwallet-readers-force-orange-to-scrap-new-call-charges/16612
..and I was supposed to receive the text tomorrow
0 -
Yes it means you can't cancell it now as they arent making a change to the T&C so you have no reason to cancel it.0
-
Right cold pizza time. Then got to study for an exam tomorrow. Damn Orange!0
-
CISAS - no. Need to be at war with Orange via Letters first.
My argument still stands - my consumer rights were not upheld and no company has the right to remove anyone's consumer rights. I pray Ofcom come through for us this time.
Orange withdrawing obviously have realised they are in the wrong. So Ofcom should come back with something.
Ofcom I beg you phone.
I'm not sure on whether you'd win a CISAS claim, from speaking to CISAS yesterday, they said to win I'd have to prove that Orange had breached the terms of my contract, which I'm not certain that they have done.
Orange provided us with more than 30 days notice of the changes they intended to make to make to the contract, they then provided you with more than 30 days notice that they no longer intend to proceed with these changes.
In effect we can't prove they've breached the terms of the contract because they haven't, they provided you with notice that they were going to excercise their right to make changes to the contract, then they told you that they had changed their mind. No actual amendments have been made to the terms of your contract, therefore arguably there has been no breach.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards