We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…169170172174175…235

Comments

  • A-Trice
    A-Trice Posts: 51 Forumite
    MasterPJ wrote: »
    Wins - what about people who were refused there right to cancel?

    Employees don't know what to do about that.

    I understand im in the same boat, i have 2 contracts one got cancelled the other refused.

    i mean wins in terms that we got a big company to back down in changing its terms to our detriment. Im tempted to ring Ofcom on the basis that i was refused when the terms were changing while others were allowed to, but what can really be done ?
  • boooo, just rang now and was told that they arent changing now due to the amount of cancellations. Knew i should have rang yesterday.
  • MasterPJ
    MasterPJ Posts: 227 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    A-Trice wrote: »
    I understand im in the same boat, i have 2 contracts one got cancelled the other refused.

    i mean wins in terms that we got a big company to back down in changing its terms to our detriment. Im tempted to ring Ofcom on the basis that i was refused when the terms were changing while others were allowed to, but what can really be done ?

    I'm hoping that anyone who got refused or have a note on there account saying they were not eligible should still have a right to cancel for the next say 10 days.

    Removing my consumer rights is not on. 5 mins till I phone ofcom.
  • MasterPJ
    MasterPJ Posts: 227 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I see this not as a withdrawal of there proposed terms but rather them changing them back to what they were. Aka a second change.

    Oh and the guy I phoned gave me legal advice. That frustrates me as he is not in a position to do so.
  • A-Trice
    A-Trice Posts: 51 Forumite
    tell me what ofcom say and if its worth me ringing, if we need more people to raise the profile of this tell me and i'll ring.
  • MasterPJ
    MasterPJ Posts: 227 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I'm going to phone ofcom now, complain and then mention that whilst it may be the law I don't have now a right to cancel. The ethical side of the law should say I do.

    But I shall see what they say first.
  • I've just called Orange and they said the same thing. A "Press release" has been issued. That they are keeping the T&C's the same.

    I called yesterday to cancel and was told that I could only cancel one of the numbers on my account, was calling back today to argue that I could cancel both numbers.

    I wonder if the other number can be cancelled based upon me calling yesterday...
  • BettiePage
    BettiePage Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Must have cost them a fair few customers for them to change their minds.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.
  • MasterPJ
    MasterPJ Posts: 227 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Ofcom were not aware of Orange's now plan. Currently an investigation is underway.

    Got told to phone head office with a reference number from Ofcom and see if I can first engage in conversation with them.
  • A-Trice
    A-Trice Posts: 51 Forumite
    hmm i think i'll ring ofcom also then

    is the ofcom number just the standard one listed on their site ?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.