We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
-
Just a little more info on my success story for you all:
When I called Orange direct via 150 on my phone I had NO luck. Spoke to some very rude, script using human beings, and got NOWHERE. As soon as I rang Ofcom and got that reference number I was taken much more seriously - that reference number is like gold dust, so so valuable!
You know you're onto a good thing when the exec.'s put you through to someone else; you will almost always get your disconnection request accepted from the sounds of things.
I got told this morning however, by an exec. that Ofcom had fully endorsed what they were doing. I proved him wrong; quoted my reference number and said that Ofcom had said it was within my rights to cancel and that if he disagreed I'd like to begin the escalation process. Suddenly I was right about everything and my disconnection was put through, getting disconnected tomorrow. Already found a fantastic deal on T-Mobile, and won't be using Orange again!!0 -
Care to share your fantastic T-Mobile deal?Just a little more info on my success story for you all:
When I called Orange direct via 150 on my phone I had NO luck. Spoke to some very rude, script using human beings, and got NOWHERE. As soon as I rang Ofcom and got that reference number I was taken much more seriously - that reference number is like gold dust, so so valuable!
You know you're onto a good thing when the exec.'s put you through to someone else; you will almost always get your disconnection request accepted from the sounds of things.
I got told this morning however, by an exec. that Ofcom had fully endorsed what they were doing. I proved him wrong; quoted my reference number and said that Ofcom had said it was within my rights to cancel and that if he disagreed I'd like to begin the escalation process. Suddenly I was right about everything and my disconnection was put through, getting disconnected tomorrow. Already found a fantastic deal on T-Mobile, and won't be using Orange again!!0 -
can you still cancel the now? i owe this months bill thats due to be paid on the 25th but can i cancel my contract the now pending my payment???0
-
Just wanted to post an update.
I phoned ofcom and got the reference number, phoned back to orange with the number they gave me and got through to a nice lady from disconnections. I explained everything and she said she had to check my account to see if I had either gone over the minutes or used any numbers that would be affected by the price change.
Thankfully I had a 4 second call to an 0800 number last month so she said I could cancel, it then took me another 10 minutes to convince her that the 2nd phone on the same bill was not a separate contract and that she should be allowing me to cancel that too.
Although she was quite nice it seems that orange are making it as difficult as possible to cancel. No matter how many times I tried to explain that just because this change wouldn't have affected me in the past 3 months, it doesn't mean that it won't in the future. She just kept insisting that the orange were legally allowed to do this. If it wasn't for that call I made I don't think there was any way she was letting me cancel.
I'm really curious how badly this has hit orange, are we talking hundreds or thousands?0 -
Does it have to be an 08 phonecall or does using data count0
-
cheeseslice wrote: »Just wanted to post an update.
I phoned ofcom and got the reference number, phoned back to orange with the number they gave me and got through to a nice lady from disconnections. I explained everything and she said she had to check my account to see if I had either gone over the minutes or used any numbers that would be affected by the price change.
<SNIP>
Although she was quite nice it seems that orange are making it as difficult as possible to cancel. No matter how many times I tried to explain that just because this change wouldn't have affected me in the past 3 months, it doesn't mean that it won't in the future. She just kept insisting that the orange were legally allowed to do this. If it wasn't for that call I made I don't think there was any way she was letting me cancel.
The chap I spoke to earlier was also most insistent that Orange were legally allowed to refuse cancellation to those customers who hadn't exceeded their minutes. He freely admitted cancelling hundreds of contracts that day for customers who fitted the criteria, but wouldn't do mine. Have their 'legal team' finally found a way around this?0 -
I started mine on the 8th July and was told I wasn't eligible as all new contracts from June were 09 contracts and already included the new charges.
I lied and said I'd got the text but they checked and knew I hadn't so wouldn't do anything. I eventually spoke to a supervisor in disconnections and she told me the above.
Last week I called an 08702 number so I could check my online billing to see what I was charged but it hasn't been applied after all this time yet all other calls and texts made that day showed up on my bill the next day. I'll have to do it again and hope it shows up and hopefully it'll not shoe the new rates then I can ring up again and go off on one for being lied to.
They lied, page 15 of the T&C's http://www1.orange.co.uk/service_plans/downloads/PAYM_PriceGuidev29(July09).pdf
All calls outside your call allowance are subject to a minimum call charge of 5p**.
** From 14th September the minimum call charge will be 15p.
I was told I had already agreed to the new charges when I signed up. These T&C's are for July 09 when I signed up. Oh dear, I think I will be on the phone to Ofcom tomorrow.0 -
KellyWelly wrote: »Can you try phoning the 0800 number from a landline that is listed somewhere in the thread? It's awful how they are speaking to people and treating paying customers, completely unprofessional.
I would phone Ofcom if I were you, they have to give you your PAC if you want it. Ofcom told me I needed to make sure that my contract was being cancelled with no penalty or disconnection fees. I'd phone the 0800 number and ask for the name and extension number of the person you spoke to because you want to make a complaint about him and then ask for them to give you the PAC and confirm you are not paying a disconnection penalty.
Hi thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately i could not make out the name of the man who was rude to me as the reception was terrible.
I have phone the 0800 number and got a nice American lady who was helpful, telling me not to get a PAC code as it would be about £20 and to get it unlocked at the carphone warehouse for £7.50 lol
She could not tell me anything about my bill or account as it has been cancelled so it wasn't available for her to read.
I have just emailed orange voicing my complaints and askin them for a final bill.
I really hope they don't get funny and start charging for disconnection, think i might cancel my direct debit too and just send a cheque when they invoice me for last month.0 -
So, I haven't gone over my inclusive minutes and have only rang the odd 08 number, but I have downloaded quite a bit of data..........does this make me eligible or are the data changes exempt
Apparently data charges are changing as well from £1.60/day when you go over down to 0.60p. Which there is no criteria to meet when you ask to cancel for this reason. There piece of paper says nothing and if you have a 500MB bundle on your account your automatically eligible.
If they say anything else ask them to read the sheet again. I was explained all this today in my hour and a half phone call to them.
And if they say anything about not going over your monthly data usage just say there is nothing on there sheet about a criteria (that you must meet) for cancelling under the data usage reason. Your automatically qualified if you are cancelling for this reason.
They are making it up - if they say there is a criteria to be met for the data usage part. There isnt! I got the person who I spoke to, to read out the sheet they have.
But the data usage is cheaper - so try and explain why you want to cancel it, may be a bit tricky. I advise just say you have found an even better deal elsewhere - it doesn't matter where, its none of there business. But simply it does come down to them changing the contract which you do not agree to.
I have had a note on my account: quoting all relevant law. Saying I do not agree to the new terms and conditions. I have asked for all notes on my account to be sent out to me - but it has to pass through the legal department first, so not sure if the notes will be changed or it will be hidden inside a blanket of "lies" by the time I get this.
But next time I am phoning will be Thursday to speak to someone specifically. I will let you know how I get on.
Today after I phoned back the guy like I said left for home, the new person said they would call me back once they get through to cancellations - didn't again.
I'm currently at +4 happiness with Orange again. But that can easily change.... Like I said the people I spoke today in Billing (the nice people) explained everything to me.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards