We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
Hi guys,
I have been reading this thread intently now and I just wanted to share what happened to me and see if anyone has any ideas.
I'm 9 months into an 18th month contract. I phoned retentions today and got a very abusive CSR. He told me that people are using the call charges as a loophole and that these people are scammers!
He told me that I could have a £20 goodwill gesture put on my account or give me some free minutes.
I told him I'd like to cancel and he told me I was a 'sheep' and had just rpoven that I was like everyone else after a loophole and i should be ashamed of myself.
I was quite stunned by his attitude and told him i was pressing ahead with the cancellation. He told me that the moment I came off the phone my contract would be cancelled and then he hung up on me.
I came off the phone and yes my SIM was immediate invalid. I didn't get chance to ask for my PAC code so i rang back, however as it asks for your mobile phone number on the main menu, my number was not recognised and nor can I sign in to my account online for the same reason.
Has anyone else had this? I'm worried they're going to charge me some sort of cancellation fee. He also said that my credit rating would be affected.
I'm happy to be out of my contract but feel it's not the last i hear from the, my bill is due by direct debit next week.
Anyone got any ideas if I need to do anything or how to contact them without the main menu when u need to enter a phone number?
Thanks Rachael0 -
HoustonCFC wrote: »Hey Guys, firstly Thank You for all your input on this situation.
Here is my situation, its a goodie
Received the Text on Friday and came online to see what people were saying about it. Gives the right to cancle our contract, i thought ok...
Phoned up Customer Service 5 times on Saturday and Was told "no, i was un-eligible". Not settling for this I asked for a callback from a manager on the Sunday. He phoned me back and gave me its based on past usage. I asked they conditions where confirmed by Offcom. He said of course. "Where can I see this in writing".
"Its not for my eyes" said the manager.. No Shi*!
End of conversation. he also mentioned that "no CS staff would accept my calls on this matter, end of discussion."
So phoned offcom today and they confirmed to me that they have not validated orange on those conditions on which you can cancle under, they are still in breach of my contract which triggers my right to cancel. Given a REF number and Orange CEO number and told if i wasnt given the awnser I want then I have to phone Offcom again to logg a formal complaint.
Phoned CEO office, " We dont deal with cancleations Ill see if i can get you straight through"
Got through to a lady called Margueirte, gave me the same from all other CSR about going over mins, past usage etc. Also its been noted on my account to Cancle, I asked if she could put me through to someone who can help me.
" I don't think anyone would worth risking there job canceling you " Seriously
!!!
I asked for another call back from a Manager, still been waiting on that callback since 2pm.
Anyone else had have as much trouble as me? I feel sick of the whole situation, any ideas on what to do aswell would be helpful.
I have had the exact same thing happen to me. A Lovely lady in resolutions has been on the phone with me basically stating that because a supposed manager without a name attached (which she thought was strange) has attached notes stating i can't cancel. then she can't override and its not worth hers or anyone elses job????
I have an ofcom ref number, also have read terms and conditions back to front. they simply cannot refuse as it is our legal right under their own t&cs to cancel us without penalty.
I now have a name of someone who is going to contact me back to "try" and get this escalation resolved tomorrow evening after they have taken further advisment(????)... yeah right
I am not looking to get a new phone, I don't agree with them changing my contact genuinely. but it is beyond beleif the way in which they talk down to you as a customer without any provication. if I hear the word "eligible" once more I will scream.
If by law and my legal right I am allowed to cancel due this change of contract, then quite simply, no amount of notes attached to my account should stop that being done.
If it doesn't get cancelled I am simply gonna spread the word that this kind of customer service should not be tolerated. and after being a loyal customer to this point, I certainly won't return to orange at the end of the contract period.
I will try and keep you informed of my progress tomorrow...:mad:0 -
Fight on, they are diggin themselves deep. If a manager deosnt phone me back today and authorises my cancelation, I will just file a complaint to offcom.0
-
fruitloop82 wrote: »Hi guys,
I have been reading this thread intently now and I just wanted to share what happened to me and see if anyone has any ideas.
I'm 9 months into an 18th month contract. I phoned retentions today and got a very abusive CSR. He told me that people are using the call charges as a loophole and that these people are scammers!
He told me that I could have a £20 goodwill gesture put on my account or give me some free minutes.
I told him I'd like to cancel and he told me I was a 'sheep' and had just rpoven that I was like everyone else after a loophole and i should be ashamed of myself.
I was quite stunned by his attitude and told him i was pressing ahead with the cancellation. He told me that the moment I came off the phone my contract would be cancelled and then he hung up on me.
I came off the phone and yes my SIM was immediate invalid. I didn't get chance to ask for my PAC code so i rang back, however as it asks for your mobile phone number on the main menu, my number was not recognised and nor can I sign in to my account online for the same reason.
Has anyone else had this? I'm worried they're going to charge me some sort of cancellation fee. He also said that my credit rating would be affected.
I'm happy to be out of my contract but feel it's not the last i hear from the, my bill is due by direct debit next week.
Anyone got any ideas if I need to do anything or how to contact them without the main menu when u need to enter a phone number?
Thanks Rachael
Can you try phoning the 0800 number from a landline that is listed somewhere in the thread? It's awful how they are speaking to people and treating paying customers, completely unprofessional.
I would phone Ofcom if I were you, they have to give you your PAC if you want it. Ofcom told me I needed to make sure that my contract was being cancelled with no penalty or disconnection fees. I'd phone the 0800 number and ask for the name and extension number of the person you spoke to because you want to make a complaint about him and then ask for them to give you the PAC and confirm you are not paying a disconnection penalty.0 -
could someone please help me i am wanting to stay on orange but want to take advantage of the new terms and conditons, what do i need to say and what are the exact new prices and changes,also do you recieve magic numbers on sim only packages? also what is the maxium money off i can get from them as i am a new customer (only 4 months) thanks0
-
right firstly il apoligise if this post is long... but it may help someone. I took out an orange upgrade onthe 29th june 09 for 24 mths at £40 per month. After reading all these posts i called them up to see if i was eligible to change, i got through to a polite man - wh kindly explained NO i wasnt as i signed on the 29th june. HOWEVER i examined my contract and it said on the top of it in small writing terms and conditions as of sept 2008 so when i signed up they had given me the incorrect contract to sign.
i explained that even though on the system i was on the correct tarriff/deal, i actually signed up for the old ones so to my beleif i was on the old one, and as i do ring my bank which is an 08 number i should be able to change. he kind of laughed i think because he knew i had a point and put me through to disconnections - he had expalined the situation to the new man who also was friendley. he told me that they are really busy and it was his job to see if i was eligiable to cancel my contract. He agreed with my point about the contract and said i could cancel that id receive confirmation in a few days and cave me my puc code. I was on phone for a total of ten minutes!!
So id say to people to check your contract and the date it says the terms and conditions are for .
also just want to say thanks for all previous posts regarding this as ive said £1400 on line rental and also have a phone that is going for £450 on ebay, and then i can use a cash back site for a new phone result!!0 -
I've just got off the phone from resolutions , friendly lady i spoke to but was told i didn't meet the eligibilty (sp) , was told as i haven't gone over my minutes and haven't used and 08 numbers then she couldn't disconnect me. Said I wasn't happy bla bla bla , was told she understands my point but she is only doing what legal team have passed down. My contract is up on nov 5th anyway so she has set up disconnection for that date.
I did log a complaint with ofcom his morning and have a ref number , not sure if it's worth the hassle of trying the ceo office tommorrow and try again?!0 -
Read my post above. I hadnt used them number or gone over my minutes but using the CEO route I managed to cancel!!! Didnt even need to get a OFCOM reference. Worked for me hun!!
I phoned ofcom earlier and phoned CEO with a reference but still did not budge, even when i mentioned 'a friend' had managed to cancel under the same terms as me, i also mentioned that all their staff are being very inconsistent with cancellations but he said 'look everyone is singing from the same hymn book here, i'm just doing my job, there's no way you can cancel'. so i'm going to phone ofcom back tomorrow to see if i can escalate it further0 -
So i think i have my final bill this is how it looks, just wondering what the Port out termination charge (£13.05) is all about?? because i used the PAC 7 days after requesting it.here's how much you spent . . .
Your Service Plans (VAT applicable)
Canary 25 Websave -5.00 24mth : 05 Aug - 09 Aug -2.84
Adjustments (VAT applicable)
Good Will : 28 Jul -130.43
Good Will : 28 Jul -96.48
MNP PAC (Debit) : 28 Jul 130.43
MNP PAC (Debit) : 28 Jul 96.48
Call charges (VAT applicable)
Amount this month - see itemisation for details 0.00
Total exc. VAT £-2.84VAT £-0.426
Adjustments (non-VAT applicable)
Port out termination : 03 Aug 13.05
Orange Care (non-VAT applicable)Total non-VAT £12.05
6.00 Orange Care : 05 Aug - 09 Aug -1.00
0 -
i wish mine looked like that
Your Service Plans (VAT applicable)Canary 25 Websave -5.00 24mth : 05 Aug - 09 Aug -2.84
Adjustments (VAT applicable)Good Will : 28 Jul -130.43
Good Will : 28 Jul -96.48
MNP PAC (Debit) : 28 Jul 130.43
MNP PAC (Debit) : 28 Jul 96.48
Call charges (VAT applicable)
Amount this month - see itemisation for details 0.00
Total exc. VAT £-2.84
VAT £-0.426Adjustments (non-VAT applicable)
Port out termination : 03 Aug 13.05
Orange Care (non-VAT applicable)6.00 Orange Care : 05 Aug - 09 Aug -1.00
Total non-VAT £12.05
mine looks like this , they told me they would amend it as it was a mistake but not done it yet
Adjustments (VAT applicable)
MNP PAC (Debit) : 26 Jul 130.43
MNP PAC (Debit) : 26 Jul 130.43
MNP PAC (Debit) : 26 Jul 77.30
Call charges (VAT applicable)
Amount this month - see itemisation for details 0.51
Data charges 0.00
Total exc. VAT £336.690
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards