We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…162163165167168…235

Comments

  • MasterPJ
    MasterPJ Posts: 227 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Anyone know how cancelling with mobiles.co.uk work?

    I cant find anything in the 'Terms and Conditions' regarding this.

    Does anyone know where I would get this information from?

    Just spoke to someone in Billing regarding this and after getting a good - talked to like a human being response. The person I spoke to there now is a smile back on my face - quite franky the best conversation I've have had with a company on the phone :)

    My views: General customer care +5. Billing +5. Cancellations -5.

    So all told I'm a happy customer again :D (oh and I can cancel but trying to find out about cancelling with mobiles.co.uk first).
  • How Arrogant are they!

    After being fobbed off by "retentions" team,

    I have just received a text about how i am a valued customer and they value my feedback!

    Absolute total Joke!!!

    Words can not describe how even more determined i am to get this contract cancelled!

    What i dont get is how there can be such a difference of rules from one person to the next.

    Nothing against the people who have gotten their contract cancelled, but we have so far gotten the following:-

    1.) Cant cancel - no text
    2.) Cant cancel - dont go over limit
    3.) Cant cancel - dont call 0845 numbers

    4.) Can cancel - you go over your limit
    5.) Can cancel - you call 0845 numbers
    6.) Can cancel because i decided today starts with the letter "T", despite the fact you dont really qualify.

    Why is it not one rule for all - or should i say either you are affected (call 0845 #'s, go over limit), or you dont do the above so are not able to cancel!

    Absolute JOKE!!
  • Ican
    Ican Posts: 1 Newbie
    I am in a bit of a dilemma. I have a Dolphin 25 websave 200 minutes 200 texts unlimited data and web at £10 a month. I don't think I could get a better deal anywhere else although I wouldn't mind getting out of the remaining 15 months on the contract and staying put on a rolling monthly contract, if they would allow me do that. :think:

    Has anyone else managed do something similar?
  • The top and tail of it all is - as set out in their own terms - if you don't agree to the new charges, by law you are able to cancel without penalty.

    So why are they bringing anything else into it, it should be as black and white as that
  • flower24
    flower24 Posts: 1,719 Forumite
    aaronward wrote: »
    i was wondering rarther than canceling a contract can you have the amount you pay a month reduced? i was told that they can reduce the price you pay a month by £5

    they've downgraded my priceplan for me as i wasn't using 600 minutes a month, saving me £5 a month, and they will take £20 off my next bill
  • keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi masterPJ- on the mobiles.co.uk website look down the LHS for customer service and you will find terms and conditions. The only condition I can see is that thet would probably charge for any gift/cashback and cost of the mobile if cancelled within the 1st 9 months of the contract. If they haven't received their commission from the network they will claw it back from the customer!!!
  • MasterPJ
    MasterPJ Posts: 227 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    keith1950 wrote: »
    Hi masterPJ- on the mobiles.co.uk website look down the LHS for customer service and you will find terms and conditions. The only condition I can see is that thet would probably charge for any gift/cashback and cost of the mobile if cancelled within the 1st 9 months of the contract. If they haven't received their commission from the network they will claw it back from the customer!!!

    Ah I see I read that as:

    "8.1 if (iv) you end the Airtime Contract for
    any reason within 9 months (if your Minimum Period is 12 months or more) or within your Minimum Period (if your Minimum
    Period is less than 12 months), and the relevant tariff includes a discounted Mobile Phone/Smart Phone, you must in addition to
    paying any other charges under the Airtime Contract either:
    8.1.1. return the Mobile Phone/Smart Phone to us by sending it special delivery to Online Returns, CPW Logistics Centre,
    Bilston Road, Wednesbury, W Midlands, WS10 7JN: or
    8.1.2. keep the Mobile Phone/Smart Phone, in which case you agree to pay us the amount of the discount being the handset
    only purchase price of the Mobile Phone/Smart Phone less the amount paid by you at the time of purchase for the Mobile
    Phone/Smart Phone (the "Discount")."

    Which means you get to keep any free gifts. Or is there something somewhere else?
  • Hey Guys, firstly Thank You for all your input on this situation.
    Here is my situation, its a goodie :D

    Received the Text on Friday and came online to see what people were saying about it. Gives the right to cancle our contract, i thought ok...

    Phoned up Customer Service 5 times on Saturday and Was told "no, i was un-eligible". Not settling for this I asked for a callback from a manager on the Sunday. He phoned me back and gave me its based on past usage. I asked they conditions where confirmed by Offcom. He said of course. "Where can I see this in writing".
    "Its not for my eyes" said the manager.. No Shi*!
    End of conversation. he also mentioned that "no CS staff would accept my calls on this matter, end of discussion."

    So phoned offcom today and they confirmed to me that they have not validated orange on those conditions on which you can cancle under, they are still in breach of my contract which triggers my right to cancel. Given a REF number and Orange CEO number and told if i wasnt given the awnser I want then I have to phone Offcom again to logg a formal complaint.

    Phoned CEO office, " We dont deal with cancleations Ill see if i can get you straight through"

    Got through to a lady called Margueirte, gave me the same from all other CSR about going over mins, past usage etc. Also its been noted on my account to Cancle, I asked if she could put me through to someone who can help me.
    " I don't think anyone would worth risking there job canceling you " Seriously
    !!!
    I asked for another call back from a Manager, still been waiting on that callback since 2pm.

    Anyone else had have as much trouble as me? I feel sick of the whole situation, any ideas on what to do aswell would be helpful.
  • keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    HI, I see what you mean but it does seem rather vague. I had a look at buymobilephones.net who I usually use and they seem more clear about the phone and gifts and basically say that, in their case , before 5 months you would be charged for both because at that stage they wouldn't have received their commission.
  • MasterPJ
    MasterPJ Posts: 227 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 11 August 2009 at 7:04PM
    MasterPJ wrote: »
    Ah I see I read that as:

    "8.1 if (iv) you end the Airtime Contract for
    any reason within 9 months (if your Minimum Period is 12 months or more) or within your Minimum Period (if your Minimum
    Period is less than 12 months), and the relevant tariff includes a discounted Mobile Phone/Smart Phone, you must in addition to
    paying any other charges under the Airtime Contract either:
    8.1.1. return the Mobile Phone/Smart Phone to us by sending it special delivery to Online Returns, CPW Logistics Centre,
    Bilston Road, Wednesbury, W Midlands, WS10 7JN: or
    8.1.2. keep the Mobile Phone/Smart Phone, in which case you agree to pay us the amount of the discount being the handset
    only purchase price of the Mobile Phone/Smart Phone less the amount paid by you at the time of purchase for the Mobile
    Phone/Smart Phone (the "Discount")."

    Which means you get to keep any free gifts. Or is there something somewhere else?

    Just phoned them - told them I would be cancelling my contract with Orange. The guy said its entirely up to you me I wanted to. Informed him I had bought it through them - I twice with two other witnesses, asked if I could cancel without any repercussions from mobiles.co.uk he said yes twice.

    (yes I did say mobiles.co.uk on the phone, ha)

    So well... time to cancel.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.