We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
squirreleater wrote: »You can go get a new contract and new phone, while keeping your old phone. Some may wish to get out of a contract for other reasons as well.
But isn't the poster just abusing the system by doing this without receiving a text? If so, that's out of order, imo.0 -
-
But isn't the poster just abusing the system by doing this without receiving a text? If so, that's out of order, imo.
Not having received the text doesn't mean he won't be affected by the price changes. Either way, it's in the terms and conditions that if they change the price excessively you can leave, why wouldn't you take advantage of this? Big companies always do everything the can to make money within the letter of the law, it's totally fair enough that customers do that right back to them.
If Orange was a "mom and pop" outfit then I think it'd be a bit iffy but I really don't see the problem as it is. Just have a look at the top banner of the website - "UK Consumer Revenge"
. 0 -
Well, still no luck here!
Spoke to a lovely sounding lady in the CEO office and started to get my hopes up.
She listened intently, took all my information and actually sounded like she was interested in what i had to say.
Was then transferred through to a rude and arrogant sounding person by the name of Stephen who "went off to check my past 3 months" and said that i am not entitled to cancel.
I asked him "Are the prices of 0845 numbers changing?"
His reply "yes, those numbers will be affected".
I have called my bank 2 or 3 times this month to the 0845 number, but my bill is not due out until the 15th of August, so currently they are not able to see this usage.
I will be calling back on the 16th August to further my discussions as i will officially be affected then.
My one question to the people of the forum, is there then going to be another argument with them as i have not called 0845 numbers enough, or will that be it then?
Thanks in advance.0 -
Not having received the text doesn't mean he won't be affected by the price changes. Either way, it's in the terms and conditions that if they change the price excessively you can leave, why wouldn't you take advantage of this? Big companies always do everything the can to make money within the letter of the law, it's totally fair enough that customers do that right back to them.
If Orange was a "mom and pop" outfit then I think it'd be a bit iffy but I really don't see the problem as it is. Just have a look at the top banner of the website - "UK Consumer Revenge"
.
Fair points, thanks for that
0 -
I know we're all about money saving on these forums, but why should you be able to cancel?

Is there more to it or did you just want to cancel anyway?
I should be allowed to cancel because Orange have changed the min call charges.
Regardless if hasnt affected me in the past, it may effect me in the future.
But yes I wanted to cancel anyway!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:TOTAL DEBTS
NONE!!!!!0 -
Finally after about 10 phone calls, managed to get it cancelled with effect from midnight tomorrow, didn't go over my minutes and never phoned 08XX numbers
:beer::j:beer::beer::beer::j0 -
Je....
Just been speaking to a fairly nice sounding lady. Though she tried to tell me, that I have not used the 08 numbers... Told her that it might affect me in the future, however, it doesnt matter, they do change the terms&condition. She refused to give me a months early upgrade or anything else and kept telling me, she cant do anything for me as I am not using that number...
Pretty pi*** off!0 -
Your PAC code is valid for 30 days. If you use it and your number is transferred your Orange contract will end at that point. If you do not use it you will be deemed as accepting the new T&C (what I was told)Walter_Sobchak wrote: »Just called them again and pointed out I do call 0800/0845 numbers and they have agreed to cancel! Lady was a bit cheeky saying I was only cancelling to keep my free phone!
They told me it would take 30days to cancel if I use my PAC code? seems a bit long?0 -
i was wondering rarther than canceling a contract can you have the amount you pay a month reduced? i was told that they can reduce the price you pay a month by £50
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards