We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
Do you need a PAC if you dont want to keep your existing number?TOTAL DEBTS
NONE!!!!!0 -
I have called 7 times now and still not being able to cancel, getting the same old same old. I don't go over my minutes or call 08XX numbers but i anticipate that when i start my new job in September that i will be using more of my allowance and therefore more likely to go over and get charged, i have been looking into this and i rang the exec office and asked about the data charges because it seems there is now to be a flat fee of 58p per day, he asked the compliance office and they don’t even know if it is 58p pro rata or as it is stated a flat fee, they are now having to pass it onto legal. As i understand it will be 58p regardless of if you use 0.1MB or 20MB per day. But if you like me, over a month use 1MB on various days then the price is going to increase significantly. What a fine mess Orange have created here. I won’t give up and will update on my progress0
-
Thanks for all the advice
I phoned the normal CSR twice and got really annoyed with very rude people who plainly refused to do anything.
I then registered it with ofcom who were great and then Orange CEO who, again were pleasant and helpful but were "awaiting feedback from the orange CSRs" as it was "under discussion" and they "couldn't do anything"
I then phoned the normal CSR again, spoke to a very helpful girl who cancelled the contract and sent the PAC.
I don't go over my minutes, but i do phone the odd 0845 number.
I think it was the 0845 that eventually swung it. I'm off for an Iphone
tattyboo, and thanks again0 -
Do you need a PAC if you dont want to keep your existing number?
No - a PAC is used to transfer the number from one provider to another. So, for example, if you wanted to go to Vodafone and keep your current number, you would need the PAC code. Otherwise you would get a number allocated to you by Vodafone.
If you don't want to keep the number Orange should be able to stop your phone straight away (or the following day at most).0 -
you could just get a free Tesco SIM (£4.50 cashback on Quidco) and transfer the number with your PAC onto there. Then you can keep it or get a new one but you won't have to phone Orange again!!!0
-
-
Looking for some advice please.
My mum is on an 18 month racoon 30 and has 3 months left. Her phone has been water damaged and would like an upgrade. Before I read about this , she phoned and was told she could upgrade now but the 3 months would be added on to the contract. I know she would not cancel as it would be a hassle for them because of the free internet.
My question is due to the changes should they now allow her to get an upgrade without the 3 months being added on.
Any advice would be appreciated.
after posting the above this morning, I decided to call and see what happened. Phoned the 0800 number and asked for upgrades. Asked what I could get in an upgrade expecting to be told that the 3 months remaining would be added on. I told him what phone I was interested in and also that I had noticed the Racoon 30 was now £5 cheaper than what I was paying. He reduced the plan from £30 to £17.
I asked him if this was a normal 18 month contract and he said yes - I didn't even have to mention the new call charges.
New phone coming tomorrow with 200 minutes (previously had more but never use them), 300 texts, unlimited landline calls and still have the free home broadband. saving £13 a month.
Maybe I just got lucky.0 -
I know we're all about money saving on these forums, but why should you be able to cancel?

Is there more to it or did you just want to cancel anyway?
You can go get a new contract and new phone, while keeping your old phone. Some may wish to get out of a contract for other reasons as well.0 -
Just called them again and pointed out I do call 0800/0845 numbers and they have agreed to cancel! Lady was a bit cheeky saying I was only cancelling to keep my free phone!
They told me it would take 30days to cancel if I use my PAC code? seems a bit long?0 -
On the phone to the CIO office now.....in a queue!
I will let you all know how i get on.
So far its 4 calls to customer erm "services"?? and got a flat no - but i have called several 0845 numbers (not in the past 3 months though).0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards