We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…159160162164165…235

Comments

  • Gothicfairy
    Gothicfairy Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    Hazel. I heard it from Orange themselves.
    There is going to be no such thing as a free paper bill..Call them and check.
    There is a race of men that don't fit in; A race that can't stand still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will.

    Robert Service
  • splicecom
    splicecom Posts: 293 Forumite
    100 Posts
    edited 11 August 2009 at 2:57PM
    YEY!!!! I have cancelled. I have not recieved a text. I do not go over my minutes. But I have finally done it!!

    I have had arguments with three Orange staff previous but 4th time lucky I tried a different tack and was really nice to her and said stuff like I know I havent made many calls to 0870 numbers in the past but I am moving next month and I will have to change all my utility bills over. It was a young girl called Amy and she was obviously doing her job and trying to make me stay but I persisted gently and she let me cancel!!! Getting disconnected tomorrow!!! Thanks for all the info everyone!!!:beer:
    TOTAL DEBTS

    NONE!!!!!
  • flower24
    flower24 Posts: 1,719 Forumite
    flakmunky wrote: »
    Think you could have gotten better....

    he wouldn't budge any more as i am eligible for upgrade in october, so will get a few quid knocked off then as well, i don't think it's too bad....free broadband, 400 mins, unlimited texts, all for around £22 a month..
  • Hazel. I heard it from Orange themselves.
    There is going to be no such thing as a free paper bill..Call them and check.

    I certainly will... thank you.
  • Gothicfairy
    Gothicfairy Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    I went through the billing queue rather then the disconnection one as they seemed to have more information.
    I would think it will be on their web site aswell..Somewhere
    There is a race of men that don't fit in; A race that can't stand still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will.

    Robert Service
  • xemmax
    xemmax Posts: 686 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    called for the 2nd time just now and they still won't budge as i havent used 0800 numbers or gone over my minutes recently. is the ofcom/ceo route going to be more fruitful or should i just give up?
  • splicecom
    splicecom Posts: 293 Forumite
    100 Posts
    xemmax wrote: »
    called for the 2nd time just now and they still won't budge as i havent used 0800 numbers or gone over my minutes recently. is the ofcom/ceo route going to be more fruitful or should i just give up?


    Read my post above. I hadnt used them number or gone over my minutes but using the CEO route I managed to cancel!!! Didnt even need to get a OFCOM reference. Worked for me hun!!
    TOTAL DEBTS

    NONE!!!!!
  • Gothicfairy
    Gothicfairy Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    Have you tried the paper billing route or the voice mail route ? I could have cancelled as if I had gone over my minutes it would cost me a lot more..However as I said, I wanted to stay with them so got the best deal I could manage.
    There is a race of men that don't fit in; A race that can't stand still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will.

    Robert Service
  • shell1000
    shell1000 Posts: 222 Forumite
    i called for the second time today and requested a pac, the lady tried to convince me otherwise and explained the changes quite well, but i still wasnt happy, she is sending me a pac and mac, basically means im tied in until the 10th september but my 18 month contract was due to end in november so no big shakes for orange really.

    Its the principle of the voicemail charges that get my goat and the lack of data packages available. im sad to leave them really but i was with 02 three years ago and they were great too.

    so im going for the cashback options on both broadband and simplicity sim with 02, cross fingers x
    Mortgage free wannabe!:
    11/11/08 - £137,674 ----> 09/01/12 - £131,432 :j
  • KellyWelly wrote: »
    What is this - is it a broadband dongle? What package is this on?

    It's my home broadband package. Can't remember what the name of the package I'm on at the moment (as I've been on it for years) but I'm being moved to a Broadband Max (off net) package.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.