We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
Virgil_Kint wrote: »I spoke to Virgin yesterday and they said I had to write to them to confirm that I wanted to cancel & why.
I took the contract out over the phone so why can't I cancel it over the phone I don't get it.
Could someone advise the kind of text i need to include in the letter as I cannot access many of the adviaory websites included in other e-mails posts.
Thanks
Virgil
Hi Virgil,
In addition to my Orange contract for me, I have two Virgin contracts for my kids in my hubby's name. He called and they guy he spoke to said why do you want to cancel. When hubby explained that they use their phones really only for very short calls i.e I'll be late home etc, he said that was fine, no problem and agreed to disconnect both. As far as I was aware, Virgin were fairly easy to cancel with. Is it mabe worth a try to call again and see if you get a different advisor?0 -
I have a call to an 0800 number for 53secs on 8th June which cost £0.113
They have told me that I do not qualify, isn't the call above one that will be increasing?0 -
Well my consumer crusaders, I have finally managed to cancel my contract after many many calls to orange.
I have never even used my phone since I got it in April due to personal circumstances however, a nice guy called Ryan was sympathetic and he cancelled without being horrible or patronising.
I just went thru the regular 150 number after no success with the executive team.
Keep on at 'em! You'll eventually get someone who'll cancel for you.0 -
Thanks for that info! No postal strike just major impatience on my part. I have that dreaded fear that if I phone Orange they will have no idea what I am talking about. I will wait until tomorrow for it to arrive and then take up the fight with customer services.
I think I am a bit concerned as it literally took me a minute to cancel and the girl just said fine pac code will be sent. End of call.
I would give it another couple of days. It's not impatience though, it's obviously just all the stories on hear filling you with doubt, I had the same! Like I said, I got my PAC in 2 days and have already taken my number to 02 and everything is cancelled with orange. Although...I've not had anything about a final bill yet so might have hefty charges for the remainder0 -
Has anyone here cancelled, then before activating payg sim. Upgraded using orange website? just wondering. thanks0
-
I've finally got Orange to give me my PAC and assured me I won't have to pay any disconnection fees. I spoke to a woman who started off being difficult like the previous bloke but I made sure I knew what I was talking about before phoning, I had all the ref numbers from Ofcom and I knew the wording and detail of the changes and relevant sections of the contract and of the general conditions of the communications act. I told her I knew Orange legal were changing things by the day and that the 3 month rule had no basis in law and was something Orange had made up because of the huge unexpected number of cancellations.
She said that she doesn't normally work in retentions and that all the 'outgoing' where she normally works had been brought into retentions because they were having huge numbers of unexpected calls and things were changing all the time and went on and on about how she couldn't understand why they were doing it and that she completely understood where I was coming from.
She also gave me the name and ext of the man I spoke to before who was rude and hung up on me.
She spoke to her manager who authorised the PAC and disconnection and then went on at great length how they were trying to weed out the people who were 'lying and just trying to get a free phone' and went on and on about how people didn't even understand the changes they were just told by somebody else and so they were cancelling to get something out of it (like fairness and a legal contract maybe? lol.)
For the record - I have never made an 0844/0845 call according to Orange although I know of at least two I have made this bill cycle (not to get out of it - real calls!) but according to their rules I wasn't allowed to cancel but after quoting everything at the woman on the phone she admitted she didn't know !!!!!! she was on about and got authorisation from her manager - though when she came back on the phone she said it was because of the way I had been treated by the previous call handler (the lovely STEVEN.)0 -
ok so I cancelled last night and now wishing I hadn't....do you think I can ring them and tell them I've changed my mind? And would it be cheeky of me to ask if they can make it worthwhile for me to stay with them?0
-
Well I've been watching this (and the bitterwallet) thread with great interest. I made one phone call to Orange CS on Sat 8th (having received text about T&C change) and was told that I couldn't cancel without penalty as I hadn't gone over my minutes. I was pleasant and said that Orange were sending out very conflicting messages as some people were allowed to cancel and some weren't, but the call ended with me NOT being allowed to cancel. I was left in the mind set that at least I'd tried. However, after more forum reading, I started to feel very hard done by. It seemed there was no consistency in what Orange CS were telling people and some of them were down right rude. Having prepared a letter of complaint to email (and post) to Orange I decided to first go down the route of contacting Ofcom to get the reference number to phone Orange CEO. I have just done this, and to my surprise can't believe how simple and pleasant it was. I phoned CEO and spoke to Amanda who was extremely friendly taking some details from me and putting me on hold. She then transfered me to Suzanne at disconnections who then cancelled both numbers on my account with ease. My PAC codes should be with me in 3-5 days. Simple.
I've been an Orange customer for many years and was happy enough but what with this fiasco and the letter I received about the huge hike in my Orange Broadband, it's time to say goodbye - at least for the time being. I will miss Orange Wednesdays but may buy an Orange Sim only just for that. Oh it was so much easier in the days when we never had mobiles & broadband :rotfl:Technology....... how did we survive without it!!0 -
immynjoesmum wrote: »ok so I cancelled last night and now wishing I hadn't....do you think I can ring them and tell them I've changed my mind? And would it be cheeky of me to ask if they can make it worthwhile for me to stay with them?
you could probably tell them you changed your mind, I'm sure they'd be happy to take people back with the current situation. but if you have been cut off rather than waiting fo a pac code they may not be able to do this.
as for trying to get a better deal out of them, very unlikely id expect!!maybe if you'd said it at the time of cancellation.0 -
immy - you can but try... but why don't you just go get a payg sim then rejoin orange?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards