We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…153154156158159…235

Comments

  • annie1 wrote: »
    Looking for some advice please.

    My mum is on an 18 month racoon 30 and has 3 months left. Her phone has been water damaged and would like an upgrade. Before I read about this , she phoned and was told she could upgrade now but the 3 months would be added on to the contract. I know she would not cancel as it would be a hassle for them because of the free internet.
    My question is due to the changes should they now allow her to get an upgrade without the 3 months being added on.

    Any advice would be appreciated.

    I would say not, the new call changes are nothing to do with early up-grades, and as things are going for Orange at the moment I'm sure they won't be parting with anything they don't need to.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Considering they've don;e everythng you asked, your attitude does seem rather unusual. If you asked for a PAC you will HAVE to use it, otherwise your contract will roll on. (They wouldn't want you to lose your number otherwise).
  • u01jet4
    u01jet4 Posts: 338 Forumite
    when we phone Ofcom do we just say the same thing we have been saying to Orange? will they know what we are talking about if I just simply start by saying 'hi I'm looking to get a reference number so I can phone Orange to cancel as I am unhappy with the terms and conditions?'

    thanks
  • berrya1
    berrya1 Posts: 54 Forumite
    I have seen this question posed but no answer:

    I recently started my contract through mobiles.co.uk and obtained cashback.

    If I was to cancel my contract under the outlined T&C would this affect my cashback in anyway? i.e. would I have to pay any of it back?

    ***************

    In addition, is there logic in canceling the contract, selling phone, starting a new contract, obtaining cashback and getting a new phone???? Got to be tempting???
  • SallyUK wrote: »
    Wooohoo!! Just had a call back from someone called Steven in the CEO office who I spoke to yesterday and who promised he'd ring me back today.

    He said he was passing me through to a CSR, which he did to someone called Barry. Most helpful, very polite, although he did go through the call charges etc with me and tried to warn me that if I did go to another network I may find that their prices have already increased and it may be more expensive for me in the long run. However, in the end he cancelled my contract and will be sending out the PAC code. He also warned me about making sure I changed before the 30 day limit on the PAC code.

    He also mentioned something about there being an MNP(?) debit on my final bill?? Anyone know what that is at all?

    Sal
    x

    Steve in CEO seems to be the person you need to get hold of when you ring the department. He is very polite, helpful and will most probably see you through to your cancellation.

    Good luck everyone
  • u01jet4 wrote: »
    when we phone Ofcom do we just say the same thing we have been saying to Orange? will they know what we are talking about if I just simply start by saying 'hi I'm looking to get a reference number so I can phone Orange to cancel as I am unhappy with the terms and conditions?'

    thanks

    I'm sure they have had hundreds of calls regarding the matter so hopefully they will know what you are on about

    Go for it
  • u01jet4
    u01jet4 Posts: 338 Forumite
    I'm sure they have had hundreds of calls regarding the matter so hopefully they will know what you are on about

    Go for it

    thanks, so you phone ofcom, complain, get a ref number, phone ceo, get disconnected, badaboom badabing?
  • Rockyroad wrote: »
    Hi,

    Sorry for posting again, but does anyone know how long it takes to get pac code from Orange? I spoke to someone on Thursday and just said I wanted to cancel, no hassle or anything and she said she would post my pac code to me. Any idea how long it takes to be sent?

    Thanks again.

    Hello - they say around 3-5 working days, I received my PAC code in 2. Just hope that there are no postal strikes your way!!
  • Steer
    Steer Posts: 36 Forumite
    Called up this morning, was in the que for around 15/20min when they did answer i spoke to a guy called ben who was very nice, told him i received the test and would like to cancel the account. He put me on hold for a min or so, then said he could cancel it right now, i asked for my pac code, and he said it would be with me in about 3 days. he did ask if he could offer me anything to stay but only had extra minutes to offer so i declined. I think i do use the odd 08 number, but i dont go over my minutes at all.
    Was only my 2nd call the first was last week when they told me i had to wait for the text.
  • flakmunky
    flakmunky Posts: 11 Forumite
    edited 11 August 2009 at 12:17PM
    My situation:

    6 months in to an 18 month contract, got the text, have never used all of my minutes, have 1 or 2 08xxx numbers on my last 3 statements (checked online).

    Outcome 1:

    Rang 150, 1, 4, 3. Mentioned text message. Straight away told me that the legal department had told them that they could only cancel those who had used all of their bundled minutes. Asked him to note on my account that I didn't agree to the change in the T&C's. Asked to speak to his superviosr. None available. Asked for his employee number, he didn't have one he was a temp. Offered to get someone to call me back, to which I agreed.

    Outcome 2:

    10 minutes later rang 150, 1, 4, 3. Mentioned text message. Friendly person said that she would check if I was eligible. "Eligible for what I asked?", "Cancellation" I was told. No I wasn't. Said she would look back through my bills to see if this was correct. I said my doctor surgery used an 0845 number. She said, yes I can see you have called a couple of 0845 numbers and that I was eligible. I asked could I have a PAC she said "no, because you are cancelling your contract early" I asked "are you sure?" she said "I'll see what I can do" then "yes I can". "What other options do I have, not sure if I want to cancel" says I. "Oh, everyone else does" says she...

    Result:

    I have a 30 day option to cancel now. Sweet.

    O2 here I come...
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.