We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
Another win! :T
Just got off the phone with Orange. Had to call OFCOM 1st get a case ref then called the Orange Execitive Office, explained about wanting cancellation, gave them OFCOM case ref, she then put me through to customer services to who processed the disconnection.
Thanks to everyone here for all advice/guidance.0 -
Just spoke to Steve in retentions and cancelled within 1 minute!
Explained i wasn't happy with 08 number charges.
Called yesterday and spoke to Alan in retentions who said i didnt qualify and lied about Offcom advising them that they could refuse cancell requests, also logged complaint with Offcom (but didn't mention this to Steve today).
Steve is the man!
Beleive this or not, I spoke to a Steve yesterday, and said that I should get both my PAC code by friday( I have 2 phones, ones for me wife) and will generate a final bill.. I really hope they don't add some stupid charges for the cancellation. I will not be happy .
0 -
Just spoke to someone from orange called Katy, she has advised me that I am not entitled to cancel and that they can change the terms and conditions if they like.
I asked her to put a note on my account to say that I didn't accept these changes and she said as I had no choice but to accept them she wasn't prepared to put any notes on my account other than a note to say I am not getting out of my contract. I told her that I would need to check with Ofcom about this and she told me I could check with whoever I liked.
As my contract is finished in two months I was really only ringing up to see if they would offer me a better deal as I am quite happy with the tariff I am on but after the mouthful she has just given me I am going to make it my mission to get out of this contract today!
I meant to say, I did phone ofcom. The guy I spoke to quoted clause 9.3 but from what I understood he was saying that the 10% increase has to affect the overall monthly bill, surely that can't be right?0 -
I have 2 contract with Orange, After reading on here I decided to call them, after 10/15 mins I spoke to a steve, Who wouldnt give out his 2nd name but did give his extension number which is 62920.
anyways, when I went through I told him I received a text msg sayin the charges are changing. and I DO NOT ACCEPT your new terms. he asked me why this is, I told him the increase wasnt inline with the RPI ( retail price Index) so he put me on hold to see if I qualify or not. ( I do make a lot of 08 number calls but never go over my limit)
he came back and said I do qualify for it, and Asked me do I want to go ahead with it or not. I said Yes !
Went through the same procerss for my 2nd number with the same guy:rotfl:
Anyways he said I'll be receiving my PAC code by this friday and I should be getting my final bill on the my billing date, which is the 26th. I did ask him am I gonna be charged for the cancellation? he said no.
My worry is I cannot trust orange anymore, I been a loyal customer with them for the last 7years.
I just hope they don't add some silly charges for both my contracts.:mad:
share your experience so far. and how you went on about it.
Thanks
Saj0 -
Looking for some advice please.
My mum is on an 18 month racoon 30 and has 3 months left. Her phone has been water damaged and would like an upgrade. Before I read about this , she phoned and was told she could upgrade now but the 3 months would be added on to the contract. I know she would not cancel as it would be a hassle for them because of the free internet.
My question is due to the changes should they now allow her to get an upgrade without the 3 months being added on.
Any advice would be appreciated.0 -
Hi,
Sorry for posting again, but does anyone know how long it takes to get pac code from Orange? I spoke to someone on Thursday and just said I wanted to cancel, no hassle or anything and she said she would post my pac code to me. Any idea how long it takes to be sent?
Thanks again.0 -
I wonder how many customers this debacle has cost Orange? Have people who cancelled on here convinced friends and family to cancel to due to the shoddy customer service?Illegitimi non carborundum.0
-
I had previously phoned Orange last week without having received a text and was told to wait for the text to come....
Got it this morning, phoned again - was given a bit of spiel about how it wouldn't affect me which I countered with a 'am moving house and will have no phone line for a while' argument.... then asked for PAC code and its in the post! :cool:
Well pleased .... cheers everyone!!0 -
Slightly gutted as they wont let me cancel as I dont go over my minutes and dont ring 08 numbers, even the "but its the worry about 'What if'" didnt work. They offered me 50 extra minutes and £20 credit on my bill. As I only have 3 months left I took it, as I am not that unhappy with Orange, just want a new phone
.
Still I wouldnt have known to try and cancel if it hadnt being a friend saying and I got £20 free so I am not complaining (much!)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
