We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…148149151153154…235

Comments

  • Same here, tried a few times to cancel but to no avail. Waiting for a callback from a supervisor. Orange CSR said they they would just reiterate the same thing she told me. I'll keep plugging away and keep you updated
  • A-Trice wrote: »
    what did you have to say ?


    Said I had called executive office and spoke to Helen, she then put me through to a guy called Caine, he said he had to up hold his collegues decision until the outcome of the meeting in the afternoon and that I should call back later that evening (he never said that he point blank said NO, but she didn't know that!!)
    Got her to ask her manager about the meeting and low and behold, canceled no problem at all.
    I know it's a pain but it definately does pay to keep trying.
  • A-Trice
    A-Trice Posts: 51 Forumite
    I mentioned the meeting last night as was told they were not told about an change till this morning.

    it's this inconsistency thats frustrating.

    would be greatfull to everyone today who mentions the meeting and posts what happens
  • A-Trice wrote: »
    I mentioned the meeting last night as was told they were not told about an change till this morning.

    it's this inconsistency thats frustrating.

    would be greatfull to everyone today who mentions the meeting and posts what happens

    I can't beleive the inconsistency in their treatment of customers, you don't get the same story from any of them.
    Keep trying and do let us kow how you get on

    xx
  • Just got through after 10 minutes on the phone and then got cut off immediately by the operator (don't know if it was by accident) but not a good start.
  • daveboy
    daveboy Posts: 1,400 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    As posted earlier in the thread, I cancelled at the first attempt last Friday (asking for the PAC code).

    I sensed that it wouldn't be too long before Orange would realise the scale of this problem for them (that of large numbers of people wanting to terminate resulting in hundreds of thousands of pounds of lost revenue).

    So I am not surprised in the slightest that people now have problems.

    Having been gifted a way out this time I will never have a contract again.

    Thanks Orange. You made me realise what a waste of money phones really are!
  • Just spoke to someone called Tina who bluntly wouldn't budge and said noway will my account be cancelled.
  • BagpussBoy
    BagpussBoy Posts: 13 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 11 August 2009 at 9:04AM
    Just tried again, still being given the stock line that the changes do not affect me so I'm not eligible to cancel my contract. Was told that Ofcom had approved their current line of action. Strangely though, when I said I can record telephone conversations on my phone would she mind reiterating that so I can record it, I was told she did not authorise that action - I wonder why!?!??!
  • Contract Cancelled just now !

    My Situation:-
    I have not received the 'text' . They did not ask.

    This is my second call. First one was on weekend and I was told I had to wait until I received text first.

    Went straight through to the cancellations team ( 150, then 1,4,3 I think)

    Very calm and friendly lady spoke to me. I stated that i was concerned about the change in T&C's. We talked for a minute about the changes and she stated that other networks might charge more.
    I explained that as I had got rid of my landline at home(true), I will be more dependant on my mobile for calls.
    She put me on hold for 30 seconds to check my last 3 months bills and stated that I am eligible for cancellation. I think this is because I do sometimes dial 08 numbers (not last month but pevious months and this month)
    I had option to cancel tomorrow or wait for PAc code. I chose to cancel tomorrow.

    All done
  • robot1000
    robot1000 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    BagpussBoy wrote: »
    Just tried again, still being given the stock line that the changes do not affect me so I'm not eligible to cancel my contract. An was told that Ofcom had approved their current line of action. Strangely though, when I said I can record telephone conversations on my phone would she mind reiterating that so I can record it, I was told she did not authorise that action - I wonder why!?!??!
    You should have told her it was for training purposes :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.