We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
Thats what they told me on the weekend!!!
But I called again before and the guy said there isnt any new contract! I actually only joined on the August 5th. Just got it cancelled, i just kept on reading clause 4.3 in the terms and conds.
Disconnections department opens at 8.30am and closes at 10pm so i missed out for an immediate cancellation, so tomorrow I can ring and cancel with no quibble involved.
But make sure you get the guys name and make him write a note in your account.
The guy(Keith) was very nice and polite, he stood his ground for 10mins then understood that I was very upset with the new charges and demanded a cancellation!
They will mention "you dont go over your allowance anyway so you cannot be entitled to a cancellation". But just mention that you will do in the future.
Also the guy mentioned that all other providers with increase there charges at the same date such as O2, vodafone and t-mobile will increase there prices to 20p instead of orange's 15p? It was news to me.
Goodluck! keep at it!:T
5th August? I really want to know your ex-mobile number if your not using it. This makes for a great example for how Orange treats customers differently - and would make a great case for others cancelling. I don't want to phone back tomorrow without a list of numbers that have either a newer contract date than the 16th June or have not phoned 0870 numbers - did you go over your minutes? Or even get the text?0 -
Thats what they told me on the weekend!!!
But I called again before and the guy said there isnt any new contract! I actually only joined on the August 5th. Just got it cancelled, i just kept on reading clause 4.3 in the terms and conds.
Disconnections department opens at 8.30am and closes at 10pm so i missed out for an immediate cancellation, so tomorrow I can ring and cancel with no quibble involved.
But make sure you get the guys name and make him write a note in your account.
The guy(Keith) was very nice and polite, he stood his ground for 10mins then understood that I was very upset with the new charges and demanded a cancellation!
They will mention "you dont go over your allowance anyway so you cannot be entitled to a cancellation". But just mention that you will do in the future.
Also the guy mentioned that all other providers with increase there charges at the same date such as O2, vodafone and t-mobile will increase there prices to 20p instead of orange's 15p? It was news to me.
Goodluck! keep at it!:T
But on 5th August you would be on the new contract, so how can they accept that as a reason for cancelling. The new price list is dated 29th July, but changes were announced before then. So on 5th August you should have been signing a contract that said charges will change on 14th September.0 -
Thats what they told me on the weekend!!!
But I called again before and the guy said there isnt any new contract! I actually only joined on the August 5th. Just got it cancelled, i just kept on reading clause 4.3 in the terms and conds.
Disconnections department opens at 8.30am and closes at 10pm so i missed out for an immediate cancellation, so tomorrow I can ring and cancel with no quibble involved.
But make sure you get the guys name and make him write a note in your account.
The guy(Keith) was very nice and polite, he stood his ground for 10mins then understood that I was very upset with the new charges and demanded a cancellation!
They will mention "you dont go over your allowance anyway so you cannot be entitled to a cancellation". But just mention that you will do in the future.
Also the guy mentioned that all other providers with increase there charges at the same date such as O2, vodafone and t-mobile will increase there prices to 20p instead of orange's 15p? It was news to me.
Goodluck! keep at it!:T
Did you sign up for a new contract on the 5th Aug or upgrade? I thought they were only letting people who signed up at the latest over a month ago cancel? Also, did you get a new phone and if you did get a new contract, and were you able to keep the phone?Try to imagine nothing ever existed...0 -
hazelwoods wrote: »There was also an issue of whether the new t&c were announced when I took out my contract on 28th June. I explained that I have downloaded a pdf of charges dated 1st June (from link either on mse or bitterwallet). I also have from Orange website the latest t&c dated 29 July. That seemed to solve the problem.
Can you link these please? Would be a great help.0 -
[URL="xttp://www1.orange.co.uk/service_plans/downloads/PAYM_PriceGuide20090601.pdf"]June 09[/URL]
[URL="xttp://www1.orange.co.uk/service_plans/downloads/PAYM_PriceGuide20090701.pdf"]July 09[/URL]
[URL="xttp://www1.orange.co.uk/service_plans/downloads/PAYM_PriceGuidev29%28July09%29.pdf"]'July' 09 (August)[/URL]
Thanks. They started throwing 4.3.1 at me to read saying I do not have a right to cancel. What do I exactly say to that one?0 -
hello again!
http://www1.orange.co.uk/mobileterms/ this link shows all the 4.3.1 sections etc if you just scroll down. they are going on about the percentages and bla bla but i'm sure someone posted about ofcom saying that they are allowed to increase up to 10% and anything over that is excessive. i'll try and find the post to make sure though!0 -
That hasn't changed at all, the terms can be found on the bitterwallet articleThanks. They started throwing 4.3.1 at me to read saying I do not have a right to cancel. What do I exactly say to that one?
http://www.bitterwallet.com/cancelling-your-orange-contract-a-troubleshooting-guide/158490 -
They just don't seem to want to budge for me.
My situation is I have two phones. The first was my primary phone which I went over my minutes on constantly - which cancelled fine. So I bought my second in hope it would stop me using more minutes - thus the second one would become my main. I swear its like talking to a brick wall - thus just keep saying I am not eligible...I am not eligible. Ok I have 1200 mins, Unlimited Texts, 500Mb Internet usage a month for £30. Took it out on 16th June. Which for me is too much and after all this I am disgusted with Orange simply put.
They also keep hitting me with - do you know what the charges are? Yes. What are they? As soon as I mishap and say I have already been affected they get me back with you cant have been they haven't come into play yet. This is just after they checked my account and told me I have been affected.
I have asked them to make a note on my account saying "I do not agree with the new contract" and to send me this note they have on there system out to me via post. They agreed.
My question is if I don't get out before the 30 days what chance do I stand of getting out at all?
I have sent them a dated email - an exact replica of what's on bitterwallet. I am going to tomorrow to ask them to write out the 'Communications Act 2003' on to my file. And then saying under that I do not agree. And again ask then to send it out to me.
Both requests however have to go through there legal team
- Any letters being sent out apparently have to go out via that route.
Next is going to be a letter to them. A LONG letter that will be compiled of all the knowledge on here. Which is where ex-numbers would really come in handy for my case. As for the contract that was taken out on 5th August - that's a right kick in the face for all others.
My main points so far:
- Explain either I want my package to only to cost £20 a month or a complete cancellation effective immediately£10 each month or a complete cancelled.
- Explain I got the text so thus I assume I am being affected
- 4.3.1 quoted and explained
- 1st June and the unclear proposal of the new act one
- Paragraphs explaining how I do meet there proposed Criteria - though I think there criteria is a load of balls
- Quote and explain the 'Communications Act 2003' explain how even lowering there prices can effectively allow me to leave a contract.
- How I know of another customers who have cancelled who have not even received a text message or called and 0870/0845 number
- Explain how emotional distressed I have become over this whole process
- Add a reference from Ofcom once I phone them
- Explain how many times I have had to phone up, made my position clear I want to cancel and have even been lied to
- Explain there are multiple notes on there system of my request to be cancelled.
- Explain again either I want my package to only to cost £20 a month or a complete cancellation effective immediately.
A note indicating a fair amount of time to respond is 10 days from letter arrival (or 11 days email). If no response is heard within this time (via phone or letter) I shall assume my cancellation has been approve and carried forward and thus following my next payment my direct debit will be cancelled.
A note indicating they will also receive this letter via email and post.
Another indicating that this letter has also been forwarded to Ofcom for there records.
Did I miss anything?
Any help or cut and pastes from earlier threads that would help would be greatly appreciated. I will also post the final version online for others to use if they so choose to. 0 -
MasterPJ - I had a little look for that post but my eyes have gone funny so will look again tomorrow! However in your above post you said when they asked you about the charges you may have a mishap and say they are already affecting you, just wanted to make sure - do you know what charges are increasing etc? sorry if that's a stupid question but it just wasn't clear from the post.
Also - you only want to quote section 4.3 as 4.3.1 seems to be their way of TRYING to get out of 4.3. If you are happy enough with the signal etc, why don't you just try the approach that you are simply unable to pay the amount per month and were looking to reduce this instead of just canceling?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards