We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
i haven't been completely cut off yet - i have successfully taken my number to 02 and cannot access 'your account' on the website as they say i have cancelled my account but have received notification that it will be cancelled on 3rd september (which is 30 days from when i asked for the pac code). I didn't receive the text or call the 08 numbers at all but i did regularly go over my minutes.
I read about a chap that cancelled his orange direct debit due to receiving no signal, this was before all this price change stuff, and they took him to court and actually he ended up winning and got around £500 back for charges he had already paid to them. I think it was on the watchdog website! I would only do that in the last chance scenario though!0 -
I personally am tempted to cancel my payments to Orange following my next payment. I know it means a legal mess but i'm sure they will follow me quicker fox chasing the rabbit for there money. If I have stated repeatable times I don't want to agree to there new contract am I wrong to stop paying them after my next payment to them?
Ofcom will be getting called tomorrow once I get back. I think a second letter to Orange is definitely in order.
I did think about that, and it's certainly an idea. However today it seems that things are gradually changing at the call centres. I would give it another day or two and you may find that it becomes very easy to cancel. Certainly keeping an eye on these forums before doing anything drastic.0 -
Been at work all day so I am going to call the exec office tomorrow and see where that gets me, fingers crossed!0
-
My OH just cancelled his Orange contract. he is 12 months through a 24 month contract.
It took 1 call - 15 mins in a cue waiting to get through and when he did the member of staff he spoke to was beyond rude!!
He explained that he had received the text (even though he deleted it a week ago) and before he had a chance to tell her he wanted to cancel she launched into this huge speil about possibly not being eligible - my OH was so disgusted with her attitude and phone manner he told her he was cancelling else he would be seeking legal advise from his union. She checked his bill - saw that he does use a few 08 numbers a month and does sometimes exeed his mins and said she would cancel it with immediate effect.
He asked for a PAC number but was told he could not port the number - end of phone call!!
We will now look for a better deal elsewhere.0 -
My OH just cancelled his Orange contract. he is 12 months through a 24 month contract.
It took 1 call - 15 mins in a cue waiting to get through and when he did the member of staff he spoke to was beyond rude!!
He explained that he had received the text (even though he deleted it a week ago) and before he had a chance to tell her he wanted to cancel she launched into this huge speil about possibly not being eligible - my OH was so disgusted with her attitude and phone manner he told her he was cancelling else he would be seeking legal advise from his union. She checked his bill - saw that he does use a few 08 numbers a month and does sometimes exeed his mins and said she would cancel it with immediate effect.
He asked for a PAC number but was told he could not port the number - end of phone call!!
We will now look for a better deal elsewhere.
Welldone. They are a group of grumpy Oranges if you ask me right now.0 -
I must be a lucky one, i spoke to a lovely guy. Now i wish i never cancelled as i aint passing the credit checks for other companies aaah!
Is there anyway i can cancel my disconnection request?
Thanks0 -
-
He asked for a PAC number but was told he could not port the number - end of phone call!!
We will now look for a better deal elsewhere.
You can port your number, they're talking rubbish. When I first called up today, the woman I spoke to was surprisingly ok about it really. She admitted some agents are telling people that they can't cancel their contracts but can't stop you cancelling really.
However, when I mentioned my PAC she got a bit awkward and said sorry you can't have that now. You'll have to move to a sim only plan for a week and then you can apply for your PAC.
When I got home from work I called them back up and stated what had happened and said I don't want to go on a sim only plan, I just want my PAC. After a couple of minutes on hold the guy come back on and send 'ok sir we'll send your pac out to you straight away'
So don't give up on your PAC just call them back and demand they send it to you, ti worked for me
0 -
KellyWelly wrote: »Can I just check a few things with people here, I've tried to read through this whole thread over the past few days but I can't find all the answers to my Qs.
I got this text on 4th August but I only took out my contract on 16th June - I've been told that I therefore signed up for the new contract anyway so the changes aren't going to be new to me. Is that true?
Also I took my contract out through Mobiles.co.uk and got cashback. IF I am eligible and do cancel, would I have to pay this back? My husband also got a contract at the same time and had a free Wii - would this have to be given back or paid for if he were to cancel?
We would like to cancel if we could because the signal for Orange is so bad here we can hardly ever use the phones (even though Orange say we've got the best signal locally possible on the network!!) and they're a complete waste of money.
Thats what they told me on the weekend!!!
But I called again before and the guy said there isnt any new contract! I actually only joined on the August 5th. Just got it cancelled, i just kept on reading clause 4.3 in the terms and conds.
Disconnections department opens at 8.30am and closes at 10pm so i missed out for an immediate cancellation, so tomorrow I can ring and cancel with no quibble involved.
But make sure you get the guys name and make him write a note in your account.
The guy(Keith) was very nice and polite, he stood his ground for 10mins then understood that I was very upset with the new charges and demanded a cancellation!
They will mention "you dont go over your allowance anyway so you cannot be entitled to a cancellation". But just mention that you will do in the future.
Also the guy mentioned that all other providers with increase there charges at the same date such as O2, vodafone and t-mobile will increase there prices to 20p instead of orange's 15p? It was news to me.
Goodluck! keep at it!:T0 -
hazelwoods wrote: »Just phoned, got through right away. Explained why I wanted to cancel and asked for Cancellations dept. Apparently they are very busy and there is about 15 min queue. Young lady said she'll phone back in about 15 mins. If she doesn't I'll call again later.
She called back as promised and put me through to Sarah. She was lovely. She apologised for me having to wait and I sympathised as I understood how hectic it must be just now. (Get them onside asap. It often works wonders) She checked my a/c and a strange error message came up, which apparently had come up for other customers. Nobody seemed to understand what it meant. We decided it was something to do with me not having gone over minutes or used 08xx numbers. I explained about the call system at my GPs. 0844 number which charges you even before they check if the line is available. Phoning for an appt in the morning can result in 10 unsuccessful calls before you get through. (I did call the dr this morning to show I use the number sometimes.)
There was also an issue of whether the new t&c were announced when I took out my contract on 28th June. I explained that I have downloaded a pdf of charges dated 1st June (from link either on mse or bitterwallet). I also have from Orange website the latest t&c dated 29 July. That seemed to solve the problem.
She then said I could cancel in 1 of 3 ways. Change to PAYG, Cancellation on next working day, or await a PAC code. PAC code would take a few days and I don't want to keep the number. PAYG could take 21 days, so I went for cancellation tomorrow. I have a reference number for the cancellation just in case, but there shouldn't be any problem.
We finished the conversation with a wee bit of banter and I wished her luck and hoped things didn't get too hectic for her.
Whole thing took about 10 minutes. I didn't think it would be a good idea to ask about unlocking my handset. I might just have been chancing my luck too far.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards