We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
Originally Posted by u01jet4
Can people who have managed to cancel perhaps just briefly post:
a) whether they had recieved a text message
b) whether they had gone over minutes and called 08 numbers
c) how long they had to wait from first calling to getting cancelled, or how many calls it took.
Thanks!
a) I did receive the text message a few weeks ago
b) never went over my allowance and never called any 08 numbers
c) 1st 15min, 2nd 15min, 3rd 10min and cancelled.0 -
spark_deals wrote: »Were you trying to cancel the contract or squeeze few more minutes/texts?
I had all intentions of cancelling the contract but as she offered me 50 extra minutes on top of my 100 mins i decided to go for that as i wont go over the 150 minutes now.
rigsMortgage Jan 2007, 60000
. Jan 2011, 46,132.86. Feb 2011 45,699.72. July 2011 44,722.48. July 2012 42,400.34. Sept 2012 41,673.83. Jan 2013 40,652.53
Dec 2014 34,834.18 :-)0 -
Cancellations have closed yet again on me.
They refused to take my call at 21:59 as I was "not eligible".
The people who take the call from extension 13 are really nice. They completely agree with what I say. Then cancellations appear to be an untrained bunch of have an Orange employees.0 -
I got through at 10pm to a very dejected sounding guy, who told tried to switch me to racoon to get more minutes, i politely declined. I have never gone over the free minutes in my 5 months on the contract. He agreed to cancel me from tomorrow.
Will wait and see.
I genuinely feel very sorry for the customer service agents, it's not their fault.0 -
I tried twice with no luck and had a note put on my account.
If i phone up in the morning, i should be sound??0 -
doobdonk - you are right that it isn't their fault however it's just a shame that there are a few agents who choose to be rude or shout at people which is why they are getting this reaction. Hopefully it will all sort itself out!0
-
Geoff_Hughes wrote: »I tried twice with no luck and had a note put on my account.
If i phone up in the morning, i should be sound??
Their are multiple pages on there note system on my account. I have even requested that all these notes be posted out to me - to which they have agreed to.0 -
What do people feel about there Criteria? I should think this shouldn't be in play here. To be able to change a contract and expect the customers to agree to it - and to inform them via text. Is rude and just plain wrong.0
-
What do people feel about there Criteria? I should think this shouldn't be in play here. To be able to change a contract and expect the customers to agree to it - and to inform them via text. Is rude and just plain wrong.
i still haven't had the text and was able to cancel. i only knew about the changes through this forum. i also feel that a criteria would have been fine - if they had stated what it was at the beginning in relation to their terms and if it had been the same with everyone. they have now had different rules for different people which kind of makes any 'criteria' they talk about meaningless.0 -
Yes.
And then to be lied to about them getting legal advice from Ofcom. I mentioned about other customers and then they said they could not comment on the matter.
If your an ex-contract customer and wouldn't mind posting your mobile numbers I think it would help in my and others battle to get ours cut off. But only do it if your phone has been completely cut off. I want to get in with an arsenal of a few numbers at least. Indicating if you got the text, ever went over your minutes or call 0870/0845 numbers. It would be a great help.
I personally am tempted to cancel my payments to Orange following my next payment. I know it means a legal mess but i'm sure they will follow me quicker fox chasing the rabbit for there money. If I have stated repeatable times I don't want to agree to there new contract am I wrong to stop paying them after my next payment to them?
Ofcom will be getting called tomorrow once I get back. I think a second letter to Orange is definitely in order.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards