We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…150151153155156…235

Comments

  • Joe_W
    Joe_W Posts: 5 Forumite
    Called twice last night and was told that I couldn't cancel on both occasions. Tried calling OFCOM but it was after 5 and the lines had closed.

    Could someone please re-post the numbers for OFCOM and the CEO office? Also what time does the CEO office close?
  • Mic2904
    Mic2904 Posts: 379 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I have the feeling, the orange agents do miss a very important thing here: Its there chance to KEEP A CUSTOMER. They know they have to cancel a contract if the customer wish so, instead the play the waiting game, where they could easily offer everyone a "good deal" (Whatever that means though).

    Guess that would be to easy...
  • mumps
    mumps Posts: 6,285 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    I've done it!!!!!!!! After six calls at the weekend with no joy I have done it today. In case it helps anyone else I called and said I was unhappy with the changes but had always been happy with Orange, asked if they could do me a good deal to keep me or I would have my pac. Was friendly but just matter of fact that this was what I was going to do. Got offered £20 so I said no thanks and he said I would be disconnected tomorrow and pac code would be in the post. I will get an orange payg sim as I like orange wednesdays and will think about where to go next. Can't believe how easy it was, he said straight away I qualified for disconnection as I use 08xx numbers, fortunately I used 2 last month. Good luck to everyone.
    Sell £1500

    2831.00/£1500
  • Joe_W wrote: »
    Called twice last night and was told that I couldn't cancel on both occasions. Tried calling OFCOM but it was after 5 and the lines had closed.

    Could someone please re-post the numbers for OFCOM and the CEO office? Also what time does the CEO office close?


    Erm... if you look back over the last few pages you will see both numbers
  • Just spoke to Steve in retentions and cancelled within 1 minute!

    Explained i wasn't happy with 08 number charges.

    Called yesterday and spoke to Alan in retentions who said i didnt qualify and lied about Offcom advising them that they could refuse cancell requests, also logged complaint with Offcom (but didn't mention this to Steve today).

    Steve is the man!
  • SammyS1987
    SammyS1987 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Success! Called the Exec office and said I wanted to cancel due to the increase in minimum cal charges, She asked for my Ofcom reference number and said she would put me through to rententions. Put on hold for about ten minutes and then 'I understand your looking to cancel due to the increase in call charges?' Yes I said. Okay, she said. Thats all done you should be disconnected in the next few minutes!

    I didn't want to push for a PAC code. I'll just text everyone when I get my new number. Hopefully it will all go smoothly. I have her name and ext number if not.
  • Joe_W
    Joe_W Posts: 5 Forumite
    Erm... if you look back over the last few pages you will see both numbers

    I know but if someone has it handy it would save me going back and trawking through the previous ten or so pages of posts.
  • Quila
    Quila Posts: 48 Forumite
    SUCCESS AT LAST!!
    After THIRTEEN phone calls to Orange's Customer Services Dept. this morning, all of which failed, I called the Exec. line, and within 1 minute a lovely chap called Darren had put me through to Chris in customer relations who said that as I had used 08** numbers before, I was eligible to terminate my contract starting tomorrow. He even advised me to save my contacts to my phone's memory and make another backup as once the termination had gone through, I wouldn't have any of my contacts. Nice chap, the first one I've spoken to since dealing with this sticky situation! Result! So guys, JUST KEEP TRYING. They have to let you!!
  • Quila
    Quila Posts: 48 Forumite
    Ofcom: 02079813040

    Exec: 08000790134
  • What is the status of people who are getting cancellations?
    Have you gone over your minutes or rang 08.. numbers?
    I have done neither so am wondering whether to try again yet
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.