We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
Just looked at my online account, my contract was due to end in feb and now i can upgrade, so i guess they have cancelled me. just wait for my pac code now.0
-
You dont have to complain to be able to go to CISAS I have spoke with them today, and they advised.
Contact their Complience department
Complience Team
Astal House
Senhouse Rd
Darlington
Durham
DL1 4YG
And ask them if they are prepared to cancel you contract under the T & C’s, if they are not then Request a DEADLOCK ref number, which means Orange are no longer prepared to help you, and therefore CISAS can investigate Orange Straight away.
Hope this Helps0 -
mutedwhisper wrote: »Hello - they say around 3-5 working days, I received my PAC code in 2. Just hope that there are no postal strikes your way!!
Thanks for that info! No postal strike just major impatience on my part. I have that dreaded fear that if I phone Orange they will have no idea what I am talking about. I will wait until tomorrow for it to arrive and then take up the fight with customer services.
I think I am a bit concerned as it literally took me a minute to cancel and the girl just said fine pac code will be sent. End of call.0 -
You dont have to complain to be able to go to CISAS I have spoke with them today, and they advised.
Contact their Complience department
Complience Team
Astal House
Senhouse Rd
Darlington
Durham
DL1 4YG
And ask them if they are prepared to cancel you contract under the T & C’s, if they are not then Request a DEADLOCK ref number, which means Orange are no longer prepared to help you, and therefore CISAS can investigate Orange Straight away.
Hope this Helps
This Compliance Team are the same people who yesterday told me that they aren't customer facing (i.e. they won't deal with complaints). They said they would pass a copy of my email to customer services to deal with, I'm not sure you'll find much help from them.0 -
What's a PAC code? Does it enable you to keep the same number? I'm not bothered about that.
Has anyone who has NEVER called 08 numbers or gone over their minutes been successful in cancelling?0 -
well I just phoned Orange and spoke to an anonymous bloke who REFUSED to give me his name and hung up on me when I asked for it!! He said Orange are entitled to change the terms and conditions and there is no 300% price increase. He said 'do you even understand the changes?' and I said I had spoken to Ofcom and researched it for the past week and fully understood it. I stated three times I did not accept the new terms and conditions and wanted my PAC code and to end my contract with Orange, he said I was not affected by any changes and not allowed to cancel.
When I heard for the third time that Orange are legally allowed to change the terms and conditions and there had not been a price increase for me I asked him for his name (three times) and he went silent for about 10 seconds (I could still hear the background noise) and then hung up on me.
Really NOT impressed now.0 -
I called up Ofcom yesterday morning, got a reference. Called the Exec office, they were helpful but said they needed to put me through to an escalation team, did so, the guy said "not sure what the problem is, can we do anything to keep you?". I said "give me the iPhone". They can't do that, so I asked for my PAC and today I signed up to O2!
Thanks for all the help on the Forum... happy days!0 -
I spoke to Virgin yesterday and they said I had to write to them to confirm that I wanted to cancel & why.
I took the contract out over the phone so why can't I cancel it over the phone I don't get it.
Could someone advise the kind of text i need to include in the letter as I cannot access many of the adviaory websites included in other e-mails posts.
Thanks
Virgil0 -
KellyWelly wrote: »well I just phoned Orange and spoke to an anonymous bloke who REFUSED to give me his name and hung up on me when I asked for it!! He said Orange are entitled to change the terms and conditions and there is no 300% price increase. He said 'do you even understand the changes?' and I said I had spoken to Ofcom and researched it for the past week and fully understood it. I stated three times I did not accept the new terms and conditions and wanted my PAC code and to end my contract with Orange, he said I was not affected by any changes and not allowed to cancel.
When I heard for the third time that Orange are legally allowed to change the terms and conditions and there had not been a price increase for me I asked him for his name (three times) and he went silent for about 10 seconds (I could still hear the background noise) and then hung up on me.
Really NOT impressed now.
That's pretty disgusting treatment.0 -
Hi
Just to let people know they don't necessarily have to go to Ofcom/ CEO first.
I got the text on 5th August. I just called 150 (options 1,3) - spoke to a CSR. I explained I got the text, was not happy with increases and per T&C 4.3 wanted to cancel contract.
He said "Yeah, there are quite a few rules surrounding it, and you need to be going over your bundled minutes and making excessive calls to national rate numbers - I'll pass you to our Retentions and Loyalty team to look into your account and see what can be done"
At this point my heart was sinking and I was ready to bring out the big guns (mention yesterdays legal team meeting .etc .etc). I was on hold for a few mins, then put through to a very nice guy in Retentions.
This is all he said: "Hi there, you're through to Lee, I understand you want to disconnect?"
I was a bit taken aback!!! I then checked with him I could have a PAC code to take my number to another network. He said "thats absolutely fine, no problem - it should take 3-5 days".
He said "I assume you are cancelling due to the price increases? Please be aware that Orange are still the cheapest amongst their competitors" I told him that it didnt matter as I get terrible signal everywhere and still wanted to disconnect. He said fine and Bob's your Uncle - my PAC code is hopefully on its way!
Just wanted to reassure people it can be easy still.
I am about 12 months into an 18 month Racoon 45 contract and never go over my minutes but call the occasional 08** number. I did get the text.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards