We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
I am sure this has already been said but there is so much to go through and I got to about page 50 and my brain hurt.
I know that people are talking about 08 and 070 numbers but that is not the only increase..It will cos 14.7p plus call cost per second to get your voice mail.That was the big one for me, not the 08 or 070 as I never use them.
It also means your paper bill will cost you about £1.50 (when I signed my contract it was free)
Based on that I have had my package changed and a free online 500MB bundle added so I can get my bill online and have also saved £10 per month.
I have no wish to leave Orange as they work perfectly in my area and I am clearly lucky and had no problems with their customer service. I would however love a new phone as mine is on the way out but guess that is a no go as they had not heard about people getting an early upgrade, so I think that might be down to the staff member dealing with the account.There is a race of men that don't fit in; A race that can't stand still;
So they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will.
Robert Service0 -
i'm on the phone now, the guy thought i'd come to the end of my contract and wanted convincing to stay so he was being very nice then he realised I'd cancelled due to the contract changing and put me on hold, he's tried offering me more minutes but i don't use them as it is, he offered me a one off £20 credited to my account to stay and has just put me on hold again to see if there's anything else he can do.
He did say the rules are changing every day on this and because i don't go over my minutes, if i'd phoned to cancel today i wouldn't have been allowed...hmm.... not sure about that as i have phoned some 08 numbers0 -
immynjoesmum wrote: »How come they've put the price of your broadband up??
Received a letter recently which says:
"You'll be pleased to know that we're making some important changes to our broadband services and you should notice an all-round better connection. These changes have meant that your current package is no longer available. We've had to update our pricing and, unfortunately, your subscription will increase."
This is basically due to my area falling outside of Orange's own network and the supplier costs which are levied on them are now being passed onto the customer. My payment is increasing by £7 per month. It's not a break the bank amount but that's not the point.0 -
So appears that today is still hit and miss, and it depends on who you get.
Seems more people are having most success going through the CEO route0 -
Just finished on the phone, lovely guy has changed my price plan for me which I won't even notice (gone from 600 minutes to 400 minutes) so will save me £5 a month, will still get free broadband and he's crediting £20 to my next bill.0
-
michandjack wrote: »Received a letter recently which says:
"You'll be pleased to know that we're making some important changes to our broadband services and you should notice an all-round better connection. These changes have meant that your current package is no longer available. We've had to update our pricing and, unfortunately, your subscription will increase."
This is basically due to my area falling outside of Orange's own network and the supplier costs which are levied on them are now being passed onto the customer. My payment is increasing by £7 per month. It's not a break the bank amount but that's not the point.
that's really bad! I get the free bog standard broadband, hoping they don't start charging me for that0 -
Ok, so I'm going to try to sort my contract out. Can someone tell me in stupid terms how to begin? Who do I ring? What do I need to hand? Thanks.0
-
Gothicfairy wrote: »I am sure this has already been said but there is so much to go through and I got to about page 50 and my brain hurt.
I know that people are talking about 08 and 070 numbers but that is not the only increase..It will cos 14.7p plus call cost per second to get your voice mail.That was the big one for me, not the 08 or 070 as I never use them.
It also means your paper bill will cost you about £1.50 (when I signed my contract it was free)
Based on that I have had my package changed and a free online 500MB bundle added so I can get my bill online and have also saved £10 per month.
I have no wish to leave Orange as they work perfectly in my area and I am clearly lucky and had no problems with their customer service. I would however love a new phone as mine is on the way out but guess that is a no go as they had not heard about people getting an early upgrade, so I think that might be down to the staff member dealing with the account.
Where did you hear this?0 -
michandjack wrote: »Received a letter recently which says:
"You'll be pleased to know that we're making some important changes to our broadband services and you should notice an all-round better connection. These changes have meant that your current package is no longer available. We've had to update our pricing and, unfortunately, your subscription will increase."
This is basically due to my area falling outside of Orange's own network and the supplier costs which are levied on them are now being passed onto the customer. My payment is increasing by £7 per month. It's not a break the bank amount but that's not the point.
What is this - is it a broadband dongle? What package is this on?0 -
immynjoesmum wrote: »Just finished on the phone, lovely guy has changed my price plan for me which I won't even notice (gone from 600 minutes to 400 minutes) so will save me £5 a month, will still get free broadband and he's crediting £20 to my next bill.
Think you could have gotten better....0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards