We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
Just phoned, got through right away. Explained why I wanted to cancel and asked for Cancellations dept. Apparently they are very busy and there is about 15 min queue. Young lady said she'll phone back in about 15 mins. If she doesn't I'll call again later.0
-
why is everyone leaving orange????
Orange have changed a few obscure call charges, as a result thanks to the terms and conditions customers have the right to cancel their contract before it's finished. When you get a new phone through a contract the cost of the device is subsidised based on the monthly fee multiplied by the minimum contract term.
Long and short of it is people can keep the phone and cancel early because Orange have changed call charges. It saves people a huge amount of money.
Additionally there are people who were genuinely unhappy with the service Orange were providing and this gives them the option to go to another provider without having to wait out the full contract term.0 -
I've just phoned and cancelled, had no probs whatsoever, as soon as I said I want to cancel because of the change of contract he said yeah that's fine.
Only prob is i'm now going to have to pay £10 a month for broadband that isn't even wireless. Thinking of cancelling it and then taking out a wireless contract straight away (same price).0 -
Spoke to a woman after 20mins of holding, told her 3 friends had previously not been able to cancel and that tonite, after the meeting they had been told they were now able to cancel.
She flat out said they would be briefed tomorrow morning on the outcome of the meeting and nothing yet had been changed, that the only way to be eligible is if out of bundle calls had been used or if minutes had gone over.
so looks like its still up in the air, so frustrating0 -
I'd love to say it's as easy as just perservering and i'd love to say that Orange are now letting anyone cancel.
But they are'nt.
So far i've called 5 times and i've been told the same thing each time '
"As you havent consistently called 08 or 087 numbers in the past 3 months you are not eligible to cancel."
I've battled and battled, quoted clauses, rang Ofcom and gained advice and a reference number, rang the executive escalations team and nothing....
My only option left it seems is to contact CISAS (Orange ombudsman?) and state that there has been a breach in my T's and C's and that they have made changes I didnt agree too.
It's such a p**s take though - I just want it cancelled
Any further advice would be greatly appreciated...
I am in the same boat. I have very little respect for Orange right now. All I want right now is to get my number and run in to the black as far as possible - never to see Orange on my direct debit again.0 -
Anyone else got told that the meeting outcome hadnt been told to them yet ?0
-
immynjoesmum wrote: »Only prob is i'm now going to have to pay £10 a month for broadband that isn't even wireless. Thinking of cancelling it and then taking out a wireless contract straight away (same price).
When you say it's not wireless, do you mean it's not mobile-broadband like those little dongles, or do you mean it doesn't come with a wireless router that your laptop can connect to?
If it's the latter, you know you can get wireless routers that work with all broadband connections that will provide a wireless signal right?0 -
When you say it's not wireless, do you mean it's not mobile-broadband like those little dongles, or do you mean it doesn't come with a wireless router that your laptop can connect to?
If it's the latter, you know you can get wireless routers that work with all broadband connections that will provide a wireless signal right?
it doesn't come with a wireless router..
I know you can get them just annoying that they're expecting me to pay a tenner a month, but not providing me with up to date equipment0 -
Can people who have managed to cancel perhaps just briefly post:
a) whether they had recieved a text message
b) whether they had gone over minutes and called 08 numbers
c) how long they had to wait from first calling to getting cancelled, or how many calls it took.
Thanks!
a) yes
b) not on the first call Saturday, but went over on purpose on sat night and rang 15 0870 numbers. Then rang again Sunday and was flatly refused saying it didn't matter i'd rang them since!
c)1st call 10 mins, 2nd call 15mins, third and final call 22 mins then on hold for 5 mins and cancelled.
Should just point out i was in a que for 1hr 11 mins on Friday night but gave up.
See my earlier post a few posts back for more detail:cheesy:0 -
Ohhh Zippidy-dooh-dah-zippidy yay...!! :j:j:j
Summats definitely happened with regard to legal' issue on this....after being told till I'm blue in the face that you CANNOT CANCEL sir..... I've just been told I'm cancelled as from tomorrow....
The lovely girl (Elizabeth) from the call centre DID actually call me back after about an hour and a half...and patched me through to some other guy who said "I understand you wish to cancel sir.... No problem!!" :eek:
I must have been on the blower to O about 10 times in all....and every time it's been negative....now this!!
If you have had nothing but knock-backs so far...get back onto them (say someone was supposed to be calling you back or something.....blah blah blah) Then go on to mention you've seen on a forum that people are now being allowed to leave after a new directive from O's legal dept....
As has already been said, if they say "No it hasn't...." Ask for the manager to confirm this as there are reports of people previously being told that they COULD NOT cancel, that can now do so......
Good luck everyone - and KEEP TRYING!!
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards