We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…139140142144145…235

Comments

  • I'd love to say it's as easy as just perservering and i'd love to say that Orange are now letting anyone cancel.

    But they are'nt.

    So far i've called 5 times and i've been told the same thing each time '

    "As you havent consistently called 08 or 087 numbers in the past 3 months you are not eligible to cancel."

    I've battled and battled, quoted clauses, rang Ofcom and gained advice and a reference number, rang the executive escalations team and nothing....

    My only option left it seems is to contact CISAS (Orange ombudsman?) and state that there has been a breach in my T's and C's and that they have made changes I didnt agree too.


    It's such a p**s take though - I just want it cancelled :(

    Any further advice would be greatly appreciated...
  • A-Trice
    A-Trice Posts: 51 Forumite
    guy asked me if i wanted a call back, i said no, still holding and waiting.

    just going to say some friends, who also were quoted as in-ilegible for cancellation called tonite and were told after a meeting of the legal team they were then able to cancel
  • KellyWelly
    KellyWelly Posts: 420 Forumite
    Can I just check a few things with people here, I've tried to read through this whole thread over the past few days but I can't find all the answers to my Qs.

    I got this text on 4th August but I only took out my contract on 16th June - I've been told that I therefore signed up for the new contract anyway so the changes aren't going to be new to me. Is that true?

    Also I took my contract out through Mobiles.co.uk and got cashback. IF I am eligible and do cancel, would I have to pay this back? My husband also got a contract at the same time and had a free Wii - would this have to be given back or paid for if he were to cancel?

    We would like to cancel if we could because the signal for Orange is so bad here we can hardly ever use the phones (even though Orange say we've got the best signal locally possible on the network!!) and they're a complete waste of money.
  • stefpeo
    stefpeo Posts: 5 Forumite
    CANCELLED!!!! So happy right now! They have finally backed down!!! I managed to get through to a guy i spoke to saturday who was nice both times, and he said the criteria has been set and that hes going to look over my last 3 months bills to see if i have a call such as 0870 number which i definately had, but previously they had refused because i only had a few and not enough they reckoned!

    My phone will now be disconnected, didn't get a pac thingy because he said i will get charged 30 days or something for this if i take it so i said no thank you goodbye!! I only had 3 months left of my contract.

    Thanks everybody for your help it has helped me massively! Just shows these big companies can't bully their way out fo everything like they seem to think they can!
  • A-Trice
    A-Trice Posts: 51 Forumite
    still on hold, not letting this go tonite, want it over with .

    if the manager thing is denied im going to furious
  • What time do they close? Im still on hold and its doing me head in how long did everyone wait on hold? Its been 1hr 29mins atm!
  • nafe
    nafe Posts: 43 Forumite
    I gotta say, I do feel bad for the Orange CSR's. They're probably having a horrible time of it at the moment. Keep in mind they're not lawyers and they're not Orange execs so lets all be very friendly to them regardless of whether they're able to sort us out or not. I know I wouldn't want to be in their shoes right now - having an endless stream of grumpy people saying "I know my rights!".

    That said, I'm sure everyone is being polite anyway :).
  • *Vikki*
    *Vikki* Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    why is everyone leaving orange????
  • u01jet4
    u01jet4 Posts: 338 Forumite
    Can people who have managed to cancel perhaps just briefly post:

    a) whether they had recieved a text message
    b) whether they had gone over minutes and called 08 numbers
    c) how long they had to wait from first calling to getting cancelled, or how many calls it took.

    Thanks!
  • *Vikki* wrote: »
    why is everyone leaving orange????

    Err.....read the thread :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.