We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…137138140142143…235

Comments

  • *Vikki*
    *Vikki* Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    what is going on? Read bits over net. Why are people leaving Orange?
  • Rockyroad
    Rockyroad Posts: 57 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hi,

    Does anyone know how long it takes to get pac code from Orange? I managed to cancel on Thursday night without any fight and was told number would be posted out.

    Thanks
  • Just wondering, do the mobile companies speak to each other? I only ask becuase i have been considering cancelling my orange becuase of this (i always go over and when i rang on Friday my last bill was a total of £106 - new bf if that explains anything lol)

    But, because i am BR i have very bad credit, as you can imaging, so i have just been through quidco (or course) and have tried to take out a new contract with T-mobile, fully expecting a big fat no, but if they do say yes, it wont affect my cancellation with Orange will it? (excuse the stupid question but i ask lots of them)

    Thanx

    Puzzled
  • stefpeo wrote: »
    I don't know whether to phone now and ask them or just wait for the lady who said she was going to ring me back tomorrow. (i hope!)

    Knowing my luck I won't ring and everything will change again tomorrow lol! This is so stressfull we don't deserve to be treat like this!

    dont hold your breath for a ring back, i was told that on saturday and no one called. try once more what have you got to loose?
  • Urchin_2
    Urchin_2 Posts: 30 Forumite
    just tried again, spoke to a woman called Leanne, got her to check with her manager about the meeting this afternoon, she put me on hold and I wasn't at all hopefull as I had a big ding dong with a right arogant git earlier, but I GOT CANCELED!!!!! as of midnight tonight Orange no more.
    WAHAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
    (can you tell I'm pleased?) lol
    thank you so much OP, I lurves ya xxxxxxxx
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j

    :T:T:T Great news
  • Urchin_2
    Urchin_2 Posts: 30 Forumite
    dannybee86 wrote: »
    could i just ask what is the best number to ring to get through to the right department? thank you

    I just rang 150 from my phone and went through the options.
  • dannybee86 wrote: »
    could i just ask what is the best number to ring to get through to the right department? thank you

    i just rang 150 from handset, options 1 and then 4 (can you tell ive called loads) you'll be asked for characters from your password too
  • J_K_2
    J_K_2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Just got a call back from Paul.
    He had the call centre on the line holding for me.
    Nice geordie lass.
    I'll just check your account she says please hold.
    2 minutes later she comes back on asking of I wanted to disconnect straight away. Yes please!!!!!!!!!
    No problem sir. Your PAC code will be sent out and you should receive it in 3-5 working days.

    HALLELUJAH!!!

    The moral of the story is. Just keep trying. You will EVENTUALLY get someone who will help.
    Don't be put off if they say your not eligable. Everyone who has an orange contract is. You just haven't gone over your minutes or used 08 numbers.
    If you haven't received a text, that doesn't matter either. They have still changed your contract.
  • fjle
    fjle Posts: 2 Newbie
    Called last week and was told no because I didn't go over my minutes. Rang my daughters mobile last night and left it conected for about 2 hours which took me 10 mins over my bundle (my billing date is the 10th so new bill today) just called again now and the very polite girl went and looked at my last 3 months and came back saying that I had gone over in the Aug bill so I could cancel if I wanted to. Told her that I was thinking of going to a sim only contract with O2, she ended up putting me on a sim only contract with orange 600 mins 500 texts and unlimited landline calls for £14.95 a month. More mins than I already have for £10 a month less. This is a rolling monthly contract that I can cancel at any time with 30 days notice. Very happy with this.
  • J_K wrote: »
    Just got a call back from Paul.
    He had the call centre on the line holding for me.
    Nice geordie lass.
    I'll just check your account she says please hold.
    2 minutes later she comes back on asking of I wanted to disconnect straight away. Yes please!!!!!!!!!
    No problem sir. Your PAC code will be sent out and you should receive it in 3-5 working days.

    HALLELUJAH!!!

    The moral of the story is. Just keep trying. You will EVENTUALLY get someone who will help.
    Don't be put off if they say your not eligable. Everyone who has an orange contract is. You just haven't gone over your minutes or used 08 numbers.
    If you haven't received a text, that doesn't matter either. They have still changed your contract.


    totaly agree, keep trying, i am soooooooooo chuffed
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.