We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
Is everyone just cancelling or taking bonuses on their contract? I ask because what I'd prefer to do is scrub the last four months of my contract (bit cheeky I know :P) and go straight to discussing a new contract as I would have done at the end of the contract. I'd quite like to have a chat about what they can offer me but I have a feeling it'd be "have 20 quid or sod off". Which is fair enough I guess
. 0 -
Well ive been on hold for 15mins so hopefully will get to speak to somebody, fingers crossed! if not il ring in the morning there bound to get bored of me soon
0 -
will everyone please hang up! ive been on hold for an hour and a bit now!0
-
So heres my story.... Phoned Orange CS on Sunday and was flatley told that as I don't go over my minutes this wouldn't affect me, had the T & C's debate but got nowhere and my account was flagged with "not entiitled"
This morning after much reading of this forum i called Ofcom spoke to a nice guy called Darren and was given a reference number and advised to phone Orange CEO, did this and gave my ofcom reference to the lady on the other end (Dawn) and was told that i would get a call back.......
......Later this aft i got a call from a guy called Noel in Orange CS who again said this shouldn't affect me due to my previous usage which i agreed but then i pulled the predicting my future usage ace, to which he agreed he couldn't predict, he then asked what he could do to keep me as a customer, as i have no problems with Orange and am only riding the back of the back of this huge wave, i finished with 500mb of anytime mobile internet use for the last 12 months of my contract!
One happy bunny
:j0 -
rung the 0800 number right now. Nice geordie guy says he knows nothing about the legal team meeting and nothings changed.
on hold now while he puts me through to someone, i guess ill have to ask this person if they can ask there manager whats going on yes ?0 -
I'm getting so fed up of talking to orange.
I'm pretty sure my account has been flagged as "not entitled". I have quoted my rights as a consumer on the last 4 occasions. Even asked them to note my account of all the relevant acts in question.
Is ofcom my only chance now?
The last person I got into a debate about Orange being cheaper - I'm starting to get so frickin' annoyed with this company. I used to like Orange but after the lack of training they have given to there phone people - Im sorry Orange you have lost my respect completely now.
It doesn't matter what I do they just don't seem to go past the "not eligible" stage.0 -
Been reading this thread for the last few days but couldn't offer anything new and probably still can't. Just thought i'd post up after getting my contract cancelled tonight, after trying saturday getting the i don't go over my minutes or i haven't dialled any 087 numbers etc etc, and that they had changed their stance after advice from their lawyers and offcom. Sat night rang 15 0870 numbers and made sure i went over my minutes. Rang again sunday and they it didn't matter that i had rang the numbers this month as i'd had a marker on my account and it was only 3 months prior to the text being sent. Thought ok i'll ring offcom and then try again, anyway after reading on here tonight about yet another U Turn i decided to give it another go (3rd time trying), 20 mins in a que then a misserable guy answered told him what i wanted to do and why he said i'll just put you on hold (was holding for 5 mins and thought he was taking the p**s), anyway came back and said would you like a PAC code or just outright cancel, outright cancel please. He said as of midnight tonight you'll be cancelled, i said thankyou bye and didn't hang up. After a few seconds he said can you please hang up sir. ( they must not be allowed to end phonecalls now after some complaints lol.
Anyway keep trying people and it should happen.
Good luck Aaron0 -
I'm tempted to phone and not hang up for the distress they are causing me over this.
(I know they cant hang up - bwahahaha)0 -
yeah they can they can release your call0
-
awesome i am out of the contract thanks for your help, i just mentioned about the meeting and then a nice lady told me she would cancel it for me.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards